Work In Progress / [LOCKED] My Little APOCALYPSE Town

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2014 10:24 Edited at: 5th Dec 2014 10:42
Hi,

Jay I think you were right. I wanted a more cleaner design to show the characters,weapons, etc... but I have lost a little of the cartoon spirit.

I'm going to stop upload content onto the forun for the moment (The new reloaded update is being delayed to much....) I will continue to work on the game but from another perspective.

I leave you here with the two protagonists of the game.

I wish you all a good weekend.

unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2014 10:29
I like the player character! His glasses are ace, but, his hair wins the internet! haha.

Is the Queen a boss? She looks like she would be pretty hard to take down.

Quote: "I'm going to stop upload content onto the forun for the moment"

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Don't stop! Your updates are keeping me inspired. I know the new beta is taking a LONG time to arrive, but, don't ever stop what you are doing!

Quote: "I will continue to work on the game but from another perspective"

Interesting.........what do you mean?

Cheers

Jay.

dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2014 11:30 Edited at: 5th Dec 2014 11:35
hi jay. The Queen is the gane big boss (In theory) . The big problem is that Daniel falls in love with her. A robot woman... is the dream of every nerd/geek. What happens?

At the moment I am working on the narrative structure of the game and It is not yet clear to me certain aspects of the screenplay and gameplay. Now is a great time to experience other possibilities.
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2014 11:31
Quote: "I'm going to stop upload content onto the forun for the moment (The new reloaded update is being delayed to much....) "

Why? This is one of the best projects on here

-Wolf

"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"

"absurdity has become necessity"

79% Sale on my latest Scifi Modelpack. Get it here!
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2014 23:03
Definitely keep posting. Have not been in this thread in a while, but you have come a ways from the start. Keep it up.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 4gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2014 03:01
Quote: "A robot woman... is the dream of every nerd/geek."

Oh thank God. I thought it was just me.

The new character/weapon presentation is just awesome and professional, though I like the old one too. I'll just repeat that we're all hoping to play this one. It may sound weird, but for a Reloaded game, it actually looks FUN!

Brian.

If my post seems rude or stupid, don't be offended. It's just a failed attempt at humor.
PM
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
this looking awesome good luck with it all and hope it does well, loved the video

evga GeForce gtx 750 ti boost2.0 2gb gddr5. win 8.1 amd 4100fx cpu quad core 4gb ram.
PM
dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2014 09:58 Edited at: 11th Dec 2014 10:00
Hi everybody! thank you for your encouragement.

The reloaded updated should be out on soon! And if it works well, I will upload new content as soon as possible. I continue to work on the game with the Reloaded engine but... Sometimes it's a bit frustrating.

Please TGC

a tool for scale Objects inside the engine (is the most critical)

a tool for smoothing the ground/terrain.

take more control over the collision system.

take more control over the naviesh.

At this point in time, without these basic tools, it is very difficult to make progress in the level design. Or at least that happened to me.

This is not stating anything new, I just wanted to get that off my chest.

Greetings from a level designer frustrated
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2014 13:02
Dimoxinil,

I believe all of your prayers have been answered. I have been reading Lee's blog and I think (if my ageing memory serves me well) that all but one of your requests will be in the new beta. I'm not sure about control over the naviesh (as I have no idea what that is).

Keep up the good work buddy and if you ever feel down about the engine, just pop along here and read the comments on this thread! That should give you a boost if nothing else!

Cheers

Jay.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2014 18:49
I'm keeping an eye on this one as well.
PM
dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2014 10:12 Edited at: 23rd Dec 2014 10:14
Hi!

It feels like we all have a nice Christmas present from TGC.

Jay the navimesh (I've typed incorrectly) or Navigation Mesh manages properly which parts of the game world can be reached by a character ( enemies, npc, etc...) and also a way to determine the possible routes between any two points and choose the best. Basically a Navigation Mesh represents the "walkable areas" of a map for the AI.

At present, any prop/entity that you put on Reloaded is treated as an obstacle. For example, If you put on a sidewalks in reloaded. The AI are not able to walk above them, it will need walk around to arrive at the player.

Hi KeithC, I hope that this time round , I will be able to finish the game that I have started. Thanks for being there.

Soon there will be new screenshots. I leave you here with the players pet Dog,which has a very important role in the gameplay.

Happy holidays to all.
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2014 10:46
You don't understand how happy I was when I saw the email come in telling me that you have updated your thread!

I understand now what you mean by NaviMesh. I have been using Unreal recently and they have something similar to what you have mentioned. It creates a green overlay to show you where the AI can move and which areas they can't reach. It would be good if we could have something similar to that in Reloaded.

It looks to be nice and clean and I can see it working well and would eliminate AI running into walls etc.

The dog companion looks cool! I did something similar for 'Touch of FEAR'. I called mine ICAI. It too was a hovering companion that would be used to open doors and explore areas. I wanted to add a feature that allowed the player to control ICAI from it's point of view, to access unreachable areas.

Wish you all the best for the new year and I hope you have a great Christmas!!

Cheers

Jay.

Avram
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2014 13:19
Yeah, don't stop uploading screenshots, this game looks awesome! If I didn't know, I'd never thought it's done in FPSC

dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2015 14:01 Edited at: 5th Jan 2015 14:01
Hi. I have just returned from Mordor I will spend the period over Christmas and New Year at a little village grounded in the mountains without the Internet (no joke)

Hi Jay, Yes this is exactly the navmesh. I will have to experiment with forcesimpleobstacle command, but I'm not sure how to this command works. I very much liked the design of the ICAI and their functions, in particular that, allowed the player to control ICAI from it's point of view. Happy new year.

Hi Avram, Thank you, for your words of support and your contributions. Your scripts was extremely valuable to me, the plane and the compass scripts are very useful. Happy new year.

On Friday, new images.

Happy new year for everybody !
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2015 19:22
Looking forward to Friday for the update!

How are you finding the new version? Anything broken for you?

Cheers

Jay.

dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2015 13:23 Edited at: 9th Jan 2015 19:15
Hi !

Jay, I am already working with the v1.009 and the assessment of this version is generally positive. Most of the new features added are running well (I can now finally scale Objects ) but I am having problems with objects disappear or it is substituted by other. The grass disappear in medium quality and it is no longer animated and I also have the impression that the LOD system does not work properly after Light mapping and other things, but I am sure that issues will be solved in future updates.

I sure hope so.

Here you have a screenshots, (no lightmaping)

These images belong to the level two of the game the desert

I wish you all a good weekend.
SpaceWurm
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 10th Jan 2015 07:03
Those screenshots look brilliant. Hope you have an awesome weekend too

Artrift.com - Digital Art Community | chrislandman.mypixelbox.net - My Design Portfolio | MyPixelbox.net - My Web Design Blog
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2015 17:33
I really love the unique artstyle of the game. Looking forward to see more!

AMD FX 8Core @ 4GHZ - 16 GB DDR4 - 2xRadeon7950 - Windows 7 Ultimate
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2015 13:46
Love the new screenshots. I like the change of location.

I really like how you have made it really apparent that there used to be water there with all the nautical objects.

Great work as always.

Cheers

Jay.

kulet
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2015 12:05
very unique style of making an fps game. Keep it up! Wow! Just wow!

To create games for fun and to make game developing a hobby, I do not want to earn, rather, I want to learn and to give happiness...
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2015 14:51 Edited at: 19th Jan 2015 14:53
Quote: "I am having problems with objects disappear or it is substituted by other. The grass disappear in medium quality and it is no longer animated"

Thankfully these issues are being fixed!

Those screenshots by the way look amazing. Even better than a lot of indie steam games I've been recently looking at. What ways are you making it stand out more than other Reloaded games? Apart from visuals? Are you adding your own sound effects as well? music?

Keep up the fantastic work!

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce 420 GT
dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2015 19:19 Edited at: 27th Jan 2015 09:27
Hello everybody, Thank you for your prayers and support.

It is good to see that someone like what you do. There are days, such as today, that you need to know if you are in the right way to go.

Hi Teabone, the game will have their own sound effects (I have studied Image and Sound Design, I am not very good but I am trying) For the music I am planning on use songs with a creative commons license. At least for a while. The game has his own visual style (bad, mediocre, acceptable, it depends on the tastes of each ). To be frank, The game style is created on the basis of limitations of an indy developer (Jay explained this very well )

After many trials (steelfall, geek hero, the last geek) I decided to maintain the original name of the game My Litlle Apocalypse town.

I have created a new skybox for the game that is much more in line with the cartoon/stylised style of the game... or at least tried.

I leave you here with two attempted/ tests of lightmapping. I am far from happy with the with the outcome.

Bye!
kulet
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2015 10:58
Hi there, I like what you did on your levels and models, how did you do that? Can you give me some tips i you have time? Anyway, nice game! Unique art.

To create games for fun and to make game developing a hobby, I do not want to earn, rather, I want to learn and to give happiness...
dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi kulet,

I am preparing a little tutorial on how to create an level for my game, but I cannot promise anything.

bye!
kulet
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2015 04:59
Quote: "Hi kulet,

I am preparing a little tutorial on how to create an level for my game, but I cannot promise anything.

bye!"

O wow, thank you so much, Cause I never tried making those kind of arts even in unity. I must say, they are really cool and very eye catching.

[url=www.rwsbgamedev.wix.com][/url]
nuncio
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2015 11:22
great visual style!!

https://de-de.facebook.com/nunciogame
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2015 14:32
Great fitting skybox on those last screens. Loving this one more and more!

AMD FX 8Core @ 4GHZ - 16 GB DDR4 - 2xRadeon7950 - Windows 7 Ultimate
dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2015 12:02 Edited at: 31st Jan 2015 12:18
Hi there!

I am grateful to you all for your words of sympathy and of encouragement.

At last I have final name for the game ( "it looks like the title is constantly change, sorry ) My litlle apocalypse world. This title is much more in agreement with game. One more problem solved and now with a final name for the game, it's time preparing for the launch of game in indyDB, Facebook, etc..

The time is right for a micro-tutorial.

This is the first of several micro-tutorial which show the different evolutionary stages of the map creation for my game in RELOADED. I do not believe it will help very much but... something is better than nothing.

I have divided the map area in different quadrants to give me more control over the level creation.

The first steps.

A/ The creation of highways, roads or other way of distributing space.

B/ The creation of different heights and volumes.

C/ Smooth the different heights according to needs.

D/ Lots of rocks to provide a better definition of the ground map.

Next week, I hope to share with you more micro-tutorials.

Bye! I wish you all a good weekend .
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2015 18:23
Nice little bit there. I see you build the terrain around/after your paths. I had wondered about doing that with building layouts as well (as in a small town, etc.). Thanks for posting, and keep it up; we're all watching.

Intel Core i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
PM
dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2015 08:57 Edited at: 3rd Feb 2015 08:58
Thanks KenithC

In this first step you are created on the basis of the level. It is not advisable to add more detail. t's just of distributing space.

It may seem like there is a lot of rocks. In the majority of the cases it is a single prop/entity which looks a group of them. It saves us a lot of draw calls. ( the use of draw calls is not very well optimized in reloaded )

These are the rocks that I use for the forest level.

Another quad. The next micro-tutorial will be about the step 2.

Best regards.
Dany
Years of Service
User Offline
Why do not you sell your models Why why why So beautiful!!! If you sell them one day I would love to buy. And pay more than usually sold here.
dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2015 08:15 Edited at: 5th Feb 2015 08:18
Hi there!

Thanks Dany, I'm glad you like the game art. Thank you for your post.

In this second step. I'm going to provide the map with a first layer of detail. I will use only the necessary to impart greater personality to the map. Just a few props/assets/entities should be sufficient. In a later step, I work in the map with more detail, but for now I just want to a better definition of the map

The second step.

My game Maps trying to provide the freedom to have non-linear movement through the game space, maps give the players the opportunity to decide where they would like to go next and what order to approach different parts of the gameplay. Bla, bla, bla...

A/ First, I add a bit of trees and foliage marking areas where the player is moving more often.

B/ It is a post-apocalyptic game (at least I try) I add a few objects which provides enough evidence from the pre-historical period of human habitation.

C/ It is time to add a few navigation points. Use objects with a colour that contrasts with the map colour palette is the easiest way to indicate the player the different routes.

D/ I add a few focal points to help players orient themselves to where they are and where they need to go.

There is still have a long way to go.

I leave you with one image of the quad 4/ step 2 from the player's perspective.

Best regards.
SpaceWurm
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 5th Feb 2015 09:24
Great little tutorials!! It's really appreciated how you provide us with these little tips and tricks on how your maps are composed.

Artrift.com - Digital Art Community | chrislandman.mypixelbox.net - My Design Portfolio | MyPixelbox.net - My Web Design Blog
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
great tutorials too, short and sweet but still very informative

life's one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2015 12:16 Edited at: 15th Mar 2015 12:16
For te forum moderators , could remove or lock this thread.

The server, used to upload most images of the game to the forum is down. and I prefer create a new thread with the final name for the game and using a new secure and stable server for upload the game images.

Thanks you and forgive the inconvenience.

Dimoxinil.
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2015 10:18
Locked at Authors request.

I do hope to see a new thread opened very soon!

With regards to images, just upload them to your post, submit the post, then open each image in a new tab, copy the image URL's and then edit your post with the image URL's. That way, the images will always be there. TGC isn't going anywhere.

Cheers

Jay.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 19:24:50
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 19:24:50