Free Models and Media / Non shiny shader

Author
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2014 08:35
Is there a shader that doesn't make things shiny. I've alterd my textures but for some reason I still get shiny models. I need something for dry concrete. Any ideas?

Model pack 66-99 high quality items...cheap!!

"Who loves ya baby!"

unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2014 10:09
The shine comes from a mix between the intensity of your normal map and how bright your spec map is. I know you probably already know this, but, try baking your normal again or reducing the overall brightness of your spec map. For something that has little to no specularity, your spec map should be nearly completely black.

One other thing to try could be to remove the spec and normal maps completely from the folder and let Reloaded fill in the blanks?

Hope you get it sorted.

Cheers

Jay.

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2014 16:01
Would you kindly post your specular map?

-Wolf

"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"

"absurdity has become necessity"
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2014 17:53
Quote: "One other thing to try could be to remove the spec and normal maps completely from the folder and let Reloaded fill in the blanks? "

Oddly enough I find when I do that sometimes I get these random other textures being referenced for the normal map. Could be just that one Reloaded version I was using at the time though.

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce 420 GT
Disturbing 13
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2014 05:49 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2014 05:56
This is what I get with no specular or normal which is close to what I want but you can see what is going on. Each \'Segment\' is still reflecting the sun on its own. If I could turn the sun off it would be great. I'm trying to get the NightCity stuff into Reloaded with all the Reloaded bells and whistles plus more, but placeing individual streets down isn't working well. I'll try it again with a normal map and a black specular map to see if that helps. Thanks for the suggestion.

Model pack 66-99 high quality items...cheap!!

"Who loves ya baby!"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 02:43:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 02:43:33