Author
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2014 22:43 Edited at: 13th Aug 2014 22:45
Uncle Wolfs 3D Bazaar

Amateur Models for Amateur Games

Hello and welcome to the Bazaar!

Please, come in, come in! Here I will show you wonders beyond your keenest imagination. I deal in prestigious polygons woven around the finest vertices!

This thread contains my 3D Models for Reloaded. Here I will present work in progress, ideas, screenshots and renders of my 3D stuff. You can also leave feedback or make requests if you like.

Most of the models here will likely be available on the store. Those who aren't can usually also be obtained...in that case you can post or drop me a PM.

Occasionally I might ask for help if I run into some trouble or need something rigged/animated. I'd love if someone where willing to help in that case

Now I will present some models, some older, some brand new, most already available.

SandstoneMarbleArch

Originally designed for a subterranean level in spyra but I decided to make it available.

Polygons: 948

Available in store

Additional Pillar to go with the arch. I want to have a lot of marble/polished areas in Spyra alongside the more traditional dirty fantasy dungeon.

Polygons: 420

Available in store

The Dark Tower

First entity I made exclusively for reloaded. Slightly higher polycount due to fully modeled stained glass windows.

Polycount: 4576

Available in store

[center]

[/center]A larger table with drawers and ornate decor.

The wood is only lightly normalmapped but the carvings more deeply for the best effect.

Polycount: 1408

This model was part of an older pack that I still concider my best pack to date.

Available in store.

[center]

A detailed, decorative small table.

Polycount: 632

Available in store

I'm remaking a lot of my really old models. This is one of them.

Its an architectural prop to add details to your fantasy level.

Polycount: 1056

Wraithblade

A sword I desigend that might find its place into Spyra.

Its too detailed to be sold as a decorative prop in the store so the final version will be available

via PM only.

Polycount: 4606

[center][/center]

This is, of course, just a small selection. My FPSC Classic Modelpacks are still available and so are many more assets on the store. You will notice that I will remake many of my older models as mentioned above. Most will get better textures, often higher resolution and will have a lower polycount. All will get appropriate FPSCR Shader maps.

I will update this thread only when a lot of new models are available or I made something I really like a lot. There is no sense in flooding the thread.

Suggestions, comments, requests, etc. are as usually warmly welcome.

-Wolf

"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"

"absurdity has become necessity"
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: CSGO
Posted: 14th Aug 2014 06:37
Ello uncle :p

I have a request,...... stop being so awesome
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2014 20:26
Great looking models there,i will be keeping a eye on this .

Dave

AMD Phenom(tm)IIx6 1090t Processor 3.20 GHS

8.00 GB memory Windows 7 64 bit

Nvida Geforce GTX 580
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2014 22:21 Edited at: 28th Aug 2014 15:33
Thanks guys!

I have a little update ready. Not much, but I haven't been up to much gamemaking wise recently.

Continuity! The wraithblade from above now textured. I went with a glossy, chromelike look. It actually looks the same in FPSCR.

Wraithblade

A sword I desigend that might find its place into Spyra.

Its too detailed to be sold as a decorative prop in the store so its available via PM only

Polycount: 4606

Antique Monument.

I designed this to be used in a fantasy city townsquare. You can put benches or vases around it and it looks quite nice!

I try to add some more clean and bright assets to my darker fantasy collection.

This also goes well in most ancient greek settings or a palace.

Polycount: 218

Available in Store

I'm remaking a lot of my really old models. This is one of them.

Its an architectural prop to add details to your fantasy level.

Polycount: 636

Available in Store.

Thanks for checking these out! I hope to have a lot more to show next time!

-Wolf

granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2014 22:26
Great detail,cool looking models there.

Quote: "Please, come in, come in! Here I will show you wonders beyond your keenest imagination. I deal in prestigious polygons woven around the finest vertices! "

Just love that .

Dave

Nvida Geforce GTX 580
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2014 22:46
Thanks Dave!!

Quote: "Just love that ."

I was hoping someone would catch that!

I will tackle a scifi-themed reloaded project soon for the Bazaar

-Wolf

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2014 16:26 Edited at: 7th Oct 2014 22:36
Bump and Update!

New Props for the store! All are fantasy themed

A decorative chair

2716 Polygons

Mid-poly deco - object for fantasy adventures.

Available in store

Ornate Pillar

1352 Polygons

Detailed Pillar for dungeons and dark fantasy surroundings

Subtle details like the sumerian glyphs and the carved-in bats hint at a vampire setting.

Andreas Cross

Available in store

Ancient torture fixture for your dungeon level. Details are nails that fix it on the floor and rests of a broken chain on top.

Folks with a less usual nightlife might nitpick that these are always covered in leather, but its for the medieval-fantasy kinda dungeon!

510 Polygons

same as "ornate pillar" just without the spikes.

432 Polygons

Available in store

A potted plant.

I made this back in classic times because static models with transparency where never looking right in terms of shadows and I always wanted to have more indoor plantlife. I think this will be less useful now. However, the model is free.

You can also use this in indoor levels where no sunlight touches it without anyone calling you out on it

864 Polygons

Did I mention its free? Grab it on the store!

Detailed round table!

376 Polygons

Available in store

A small, ornate wooden pillar.

Lovely detailed an perfect to place a statue or vaste on it.

Atmospheric detail prop for a study or hallway in a manor,castle or palace.

A second version with a marble bottom fits better in bright palace levels.

This prop is about the height of the players waist.

180 polygons

available in store

A round table with occult-looking symbols on it.

This works great as a form of elder-scrolls like enchantment/alchemy/summoning station in a fantasy game. perhaps as a teleporter, perhaps to summon an evil ghost in a mystery game.

The symbols are leaned on but not related to any religious images which makes this fit in any kind of fantasy/horror game.

Item originally requested by FPSC User "Mr.Game"

376 Triangles

In store now

Decorative Bench

Detailed wooden carving of kissing birds, seatting-pillow held by metal slates, red cloth looks vivid due to normalmapping.

Please note elevated polycount of 5912

In store now

Thats it for this time! Next time I will bring in some fresh flavour with early results of a scifi pack!

-Wolf

“There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.”
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2014 13:11
Realy nice models there,great detail in modeling and texturing .

Dave

Nvida Geforce GTX 580
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2014 17:13 Edited at: 31st Aug 2014 17:13
Thank you, Dave!

I'm kicking off my scifi pack with a mech!

Battlemech

When I was a kid, one of my favorite games was Mechwarrior 3. This is a nostalgic nod to the "Bushwaker" Robot. (my favorite was the owens though)

Polycount: 5874 (not yet optimised.)

This is part of a scifi scene I am working on. A screenshot project where all assets will be sold as a pack later.

-Wolf

tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 31st Aug 2014 17:49
The mech is a cool idea and it looks pretty good so far. I have to say though that the legs and feet look too thin and small to support the body and weapons. You may want to give it bigger feet and thicker legs.

Question: Are you going to make them animated? You could do some really cool sci-fi battles if they had a full set of animations for walking and attacking.

System Specs: OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3.0Ghz, RAM - 8Gb DDR3, GFX Card - 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640, FPSC-R Version - Beta 1.0071
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2014 21:21
Quote: " I have to say though that the legs and feet look too thin and small to support the body and weapons"

I have to agree,but then again it makes you think shoot the legs to make it fall over.I can see the death animation in my head ,one leg falling first sideways. Then the other leg,then the body head first into the ground (lots of sounds) .

Dave

Nvida Geforce GTX 580
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I'm kicking off my scifi pack with a mech! "

Just loving those Mech's
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2014 20:18
Hey folks! Thanks for the feedback

Quote: "The mech is a cool idea and it looks pretty good so far."

Thanks! I find that it turned out much better than I initially expected.

Quote: "I have to say though that the legs and feet look too thin and small to support the body and weapons. You may want to give it bigger feet and thicker legs. "

Thats very true. I changed this already but I hold myself back to post another screenshot until its textured
I also noticed that there was no way the chaingun could be fed with animation. I changed that too, but now its done Next step will be texturing and decreasing the polycount.

Quote: "Are you going to make them animated? You could do some really cool sci-fi battles if they had a full set of animations for walking and attacking."

Unfortunately no. I can't animate well enough for this. I think I remember that there was a mesh by rolfy, maybe I could rig it to its animations but then I couldn't release it. Maybe something will come up, but its not planned to have it animated.

Quote: ".I can see the death animation in my head ,one leg falling first sideways. Then the other leg,then the body head first into the ground (lots of sounds) ."

...and the pilot cursing before his radio gets scrembled "I get you next time, you little *screeeetch*"
The larger legs make it look less chubby and vulnerable though.

Quote: "Just loving those Mech's "

I'll likely make more scifi machinery like this during winter

-Wolf

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2014 21:14 Edited at: 3rd Sep 2014 21:16
I was getting to unwrap the mesh, but unfortunately something went horribly wrong.

For some reason, the mesh has holes in it. Its as if the vertexes where cloned and separated on many parts of the model.

I'd either have to remodel or add aditional faces there...I'm not terribly motivated to do either, which is why this model will likely go to the

"freezer". Now, this never occured before and if someone who is more experienced in 3D apps explain to me what could cause that I'd be really grateful!

(It looks a lot less chubby with the longer legs though)

granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2014 22:07
I did have this once,it turned out the faces were reverced,Of course this might not be your problem,i am no expert .

Dave

Nvida Geforce GTX 580
PM
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2014 09:15
What 3D software do you use Wolf? You don't use Blender do you?

As Dave said, my first thought was, ah, that's just reversed normals, but, that might not be the case. The image in the top right looks as though the vertices aren't actually joined together. Weird.

If you want, please feel free to send me the model and I will open it up in Blender to see if I can see what the issue is. Although, I feel you might know a little more than myself, but, a fresh pair of eyes never hurts.

Cheers

Jay.

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2014 22:42
Quote: "I did have this once,it turned out the faces were reverced,Of course this might not be your problem,i am no expert"

The inverted vertices and "What happened to my model??!" trial is something every 3D modeler must through, unfortunately its not that simple as the faces are correctly aligned. The vertices have just been split-duplicated. Thanks for your input though!

Quote: "What 3D software do you use Wolf? You don't use Blender do you?"

No! I find Blenders interface and how it relies on hotkeys scary
I have a prehistoric copy of Milkshape and combine it with the ancient fragmotion for unwrapping.
Its nothing compared to Blender but the fastest 3D Modeling software I ever tried.

Quote: " The image in the top right looks as though the vertices aren't actually joined together. Weird. "

Indeed! Which it has no reason to be as I made this part with the cylinder tool.
Ortu on the 3D Chat board made it dawn to me that I might have caused it when I messed carelessly with the smoothing groups. That was the only thing I havent done before, altough I dont know what exactly I did wrong.

Quote: "If you want, please feel free to send me the model and I will open it up in Blender to see if I can see what the issue is. Although, I feel you might know a little more than myself, but, a fresh pair of eyes never hurts. "

I might make a lot of models and I recently started to grasp the whole animating business aswell but ... I don't really know what I'm doing
Thanks for your offer! Look in your PM Box for the mesh.

-Wolf

unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2014 09:13
Hi Wolf,

I have PM'd you back.

I should be finished with your model at some point tonight. As you say, something went horribly wrong with the smoothing groups, it literally separated every plane from one another! Each vertex has to be lovingly guided into place and merged together. Luckily, there is a tool in blender that makes this quite fast. The hard part is trying to spot them all and make sure that I don't miss any.

I do like your model. It makes such a difference to the way you look at a model when you can actually see it in 3D space, as opposed to just a 2D image.

Cheers

Jay.

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2014 20:03
Quote: "Each vertex has to be lovingly guided into place and merged together."

I'm sorry for causing you all this trouble!! If I knew you would fix it manually I'd also have sent you a grouped mesh.
Thanks a lot for this! I hope I can return the favor in some way.

-Wolf

granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2014 20:39
People working together,love it .

Dave

Nvida Geforce GTX 580
PM
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2014 21:42
Quote: "I'm sorry for causing you all this trouble!! If I knew you would fix it manually I'd also have sent you a grouped mesh.
Thanks a lot for this! I hope I can return the favor in some way."

It's no problem mate. I don't mind. If I can help another modeller, I will do.

I have PM'd you the link to the fixed version.

Quote: "People working together,love it "

It's what I love about these forums! It truly is a community!

I must admit, for all the errors with the mesh, its an awesome model!

I hope you don't mind Wolf, I grabbed a few screenies. (excuse the shabby AO, I didn't unwrap it properly)

Cheers

Jay.

granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2014 12:50
Love to see this walking around in Reloaded .

Dave

Nvida Geforce GTX 580
PM
wildman4
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2014 12:20
Quote: "Love to see this walking around in Reloaded"

Me too, this is looking great. Nice to see people working together also, this is one thing I really like about being part of this community.
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2014 08:26
Quote: "I hope you don't mind Wolf, I grabbed a few screenies."

Not at all! You actually present the mesh better than I did.

Quote: "Love to see this walking around in Reloaded"

This might not be out of the question yet... lets see what the future will bring

Sorry for not posting anything new earlier but I didn't really get anywhere the last couple of days development wise.

Futuristic Relay
This is part of an effort to remake and polish some of my old classic models. I'm a little proud of what I did with this prop as it was kinda shabby before.
It uses Reloadeds LOD system to hide the handle and cables from the mesh once the player gets far away from it for performance.
Its designed to suit the look of my scifi project which also the Mech is part of. However, as I am aware that not all Users are working on such a rusty-dystopian scifie game, I also made a clean version: (both are available in the store)

Same as a above... for all these scifi scenes and spaceships in a brighter future where not everything is covered in rust and falling apart.
Note the emissive channel for extra scifiness

These are alternative versions of the relay which will only be available in packs. I always make additional versions and b-meshes of everything

Futuristic Board Pillar
Well..."Futuristic". This is also a remake of an old prop, altough this didn't age all that well.
Will be available in the store if accepted for a bargain price. But then again, all store prices are a bargain

Futuristic Fuseboxes
Part of a joint pack I wanted to do with Bugsy that never took off. I retextured it carefully the match the look of my scifi scene.
Available in the store

Thats it for today! There might be a few updates in between before I get that mech textured. Now that unfamillia has done all this work on it, I want it to look extra-polished!

-Wolf

unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2014 08:46 Edited at: 12th Sep 2014 08:47
Awesome looking models as always Wolf.

I purchased the CyberPunk pack as soon as it came out for Classic and that was a great pack!

I look forward to seeing more of your work!

Just out of curiosity, what do you use to render the images? I have always admired your rendered stills to showcase your work.

Cheers

Jay.

PS, best of luck UV mapping that behemoth of a Mech! I was going to texture him, but, I decided not, as he is your work.

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2014 23:43 Edited at: 14th Sep 2014 23:44
Quote: "Awesome looking models as always Wolf.

I purchased the CyberPunk pack as soon as it came out for Classic and that was a great pack!

I look forward to seeing more of your work!

"

Thank you! If you purchased my pack way back when it was released for classic, you might remember the weapons I did for it? If reloaded ever gets third person support, I release them as a weapon pack. They are just too "lame" for first person view.

Quote: "Just out of curiosity, what do you use to render the images? I have always admired your rendered stills to showcase your work.

"

Thats the realtime view of Marmoset Toolbag! I recommend it for any 3D artist, especially now that there is a new version out.

Unfortunately, its rather expensive. I bought it back in the day where I just started getting into modelling and had that fantasy about making it my second income source https://www.marmoset.co/toolbag Maybe you wanna treat yourself for christmas.

Quote: "PS, best of luck UV mapping that behemoth of a Mech! I was going to texture him, but, I decided not, as he is your work."

Thank you! I will need it. It reminded me why I make so few large, complex meshes. I've also sent you an ungrouped mesh to fix, so I have to do this selecting face by face.

Behemoth is a cool name for it though. "Behemoth G-2" Bipedal Assault Mech Type I

I'd say he is about 35% textured at the moment. The laser cannon, shouldermounted rocketlauncher and the legs are completely finished. The rest will follow next week. I hope the final result won't disappoint you!

-Wolf

unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2014 09:23
Quote: "you might remember the weapons I did for it?"

I do remember those weapons. I remember them looking pretty sweet as well! Were the textures not up to scratch for first person?

Quote: "Marmoset Toolbag"

I use Marmoset as the PBR viewer comes bundled with dDo. I purchased the indie bundle a few months back of the Quixel Suite.

Quote: ""Behemoth G-2" Bipedal Assault Mech Type I"

I think we have a winner folks!

Would you mind if I had a go at texturing him? I would love to do it as a learning experience!

Cheers

Jay.

MickeyHawk
Years of Service
User Offline
looks amazing!
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2014 22:16
@Mickey Hawk: Thanks

@Unfamillia:
Quote: "I use Marmoset as the PBR viewer comes bundled with dDo. I purchased the indie bundle a few months back of the Quixel Suite.
"

You have dDo? How is it?

[quote=]Were the textures n
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2014 22:27
I really like dDo. It does help me to get better textures, although I find it lacking sometimes when I want to add in particular details such as stickers and such. On the whole, it is great for getting your base textures sorted and quickly.

That mech is looking fantastic mate! I love the Caution sticker on the side of the weapon! As though people need to be careful around it! I don't think anyone would get close enough to read the sticker or even live to tell the tale! haha. Did you use an atlas texture for it? Or was it painstakingly unwrapped one part at a time?

Great work.

Cheers

Jay.

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2014 22:54
Quote: "I really like dDo. It does help me to get better textures, although I find it lacking sometimes when I want to add in particular details such as stickers and such. On the whole, it is great for getting your base textures sorted and quickly. "

Thought so. Quixel makes cool stuff, I just know that I'm not going to have the skill to actually need any of it anytime soon

Quote: "That mech is looking fantastic mate! "

Thank you! I will get it sorted out for the pack and the store within the next few days. Do you want me to send it to you then or do you prefer waiting for the whole scifi pack?

Quote: "I love the Caution sticker on the side of the weapon! As though people need to be careful around it! I don't think anyone would get close enough to read the sticker or even live to tell the tale! haha."

The idea was that its a prototype laser weapon with these markings on it for the maintenance staff when its in a hangar. If you look close, you can see an "explosive warning" sign on the hatch on top of the shoulder-mounted rocketlauncher aswell.
Also warning signs on war-machinery are funny... remind us of the absurdity of war-machinery

Quote: " Did you use an atlas texture for it? Or was it painstakingly unwrapped one part at a time? "

The mesh was already unwrapped when I opened it. I assume blender did that when you repaired it?

The mechanical part on the lower body is unwrapped, everything else uses a premade and rather simple texture. It was painstaking nonetheless though =P

Thanks for the feedback!

-Wolf

unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2014 08:38
Quote: "Thank you! I will get it sorted out for the pack and the store within the next few days. Do you want me to send it to you then or do you prefer waiting for the whole scifi pack?"

I can wait. I am a patient man. Plus, I don't mind waiting for perfection

Quote: "Also warning signs on war-machinery are funny... remind us of the absurdity of war-machinery"

I always think of warning signs on Mechs, guns and other machines of death, similar to the warning sign on a bag of peanuts......"Caution! May contain nuts".

Quote: "The mesh was already unwrapped when I opened it. I assume blender did that when you repaired it? "

Ah, yes, I very quickly unwrapped it to bake the AO for a bit of definition.

I personally think you managed to get that unwrapped and textured in a pretty decent time. Good on you. Plus, it does look great.

Cheers

Jay.

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2014 15:14 Edited at: 19th Sep 2014 15:15
Quote: "I can wait. I am a patient man. Plus, I don't mind waiting for perfection"

I'm certainly not going to reach anything close to perfection, but I will box it with the rest of the scifipack when its done. You will get a little something extra aswell, if you tell me if there is anything you guys need for the UE4 project that I can do.

Quote: "I personally think you managed to get that unwrapped and textured in a pretty decent time."

Thank you! As my speed is something I am a little proud of in comparison to other modelers on my level, texturing this mech felt like an eternity...have I mentioned that already?

Meanwhile in the store:

Lowpoly Background Building Pack

Allows you to create vast BG city skylines within seconds.

Available in the store (LINK)

Most below 100 polygons

-Wolf

unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2014 15:29
Quote: "texturing this mech felt like an eternity...have I mentioned that already?"

No.........I don't think you have mentioned the agonising pain and years of texturing..........well, maybe once or twice....

Yay! Wolfs Skyscrapers! They looked awesome in Classic and they will look super cool in Reloaded! These are perfect for padding out a city scene! Great work mate.

Quote: "You will get a little something extra aswell"

Oooh, sounds interesting! Looking forward to it.

Quote: "As my speed is something I am a little proud of"

This is something I have always been envious of with other modellers. Well, good modellers like yourself and that model making machine WOI! I honestly don't understand how he pumps models out at the speed he does! It's not like they are bad models! I must know both of your secrets! I will track you both down and question you on your techniques!

Anyway, I digress. Great work yet again.

Cheers

Jay.

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2014 15:13 Edited at: 8th Jan 2015 20:05
Hey unfamillia:

Quote: "Yay! Wolfs Skyscrapers! They looked awesome in Classic and they will look super cool in Reloaded! These are perfect for padding out a city scene! Great work mate. "

Thank you! I find them especially handy for hiding the terrain cut-off horizon.

Quote: " I honestly don't understand how he pumps models out at the speed he does!"

I know... he's a wizard ...and he is very dedicated.

Quote: "I will track you both down and question you on your techniques! "

I invite you for coffee Which is also the secret... and that you can work really fast in the minimal software I use (MS3D).

Quote: "Anyway, I digress. Great work yet again. "

Feel free to digress, I'm always interested in your comments. Also thanks a lot!

Update:

Store Front

404 Polygons

This prob is designed to be used in busy markets (also larger indoor markets) of futuristic/cyberpunk settings. It works well for modernday themed asian cities aswell...also, they have nice beer.

Part of my effort to get my ancient models FPSCR ready.

Huge futuristic tower with propane tanks.

Part of the scifi pack

Around 10500 Polygons

As this looks rather dull in a rendered image due to it being a very long and narrow prop, I decided to throw a quick in-engine set of pics together so you can get a sense of scale.

[center]

Top Part of the tower with windows.

I find that these add a lot of character and scope to an outdoor scifi scene.

They are pretty huge (and I'm not that good at texturing huge objects, so it was quite some work)

You can see that I made a couple of variations for you to design more diverse scenes.

Overpass entitie can be acquired for free in the free models and media board.

MP5SD SMG by BSP

Comments are always welcome and appreciated.

-Wolf

79% Sale on my latest Scifi Modelpack. Get it here!
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2014 16:50 Edited at: 24th Sep 2014 16:50
Small update!

This is now rigged. I will talk to BSP if and how I can release this (it uses his hands and anims) once its working in FPSCR and has a proper soundset.

-Wolf

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2014 16:57 Edited at: 25th Sep 2014 17:17
I made a small machine for the scifipack. This also comes with a clean version.

Included are versions without the interfaces aswell!

Small Machine

1234 Polygons

Will be included in the soon to be released scifipack

Edit: The Moment when you check your post and realize you made the background screenshot of the forum

-Wolf

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
That's so cool !!
Looking forward to the sci fi pack
PM
geistschatten
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: GameGuru
Posted: 26th Sep 2014 14:55
Just grabbed the Background Building Pack from the store, they're a great set!

Hope BSP says yes, I have a few of his guns already and I can't wait to get my hands on your sci-fi MP5!

The other sci-fi models look like they'll give a lot of good variation to the pack.
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2014 12:52 Edited at: 27th Sep 2014 12:53
Hey folks!

Thanks for the feedback!

Quote: "Looking forward to the sci fi pack "

Good to know! Unfortunately I didn't get quite the time I wanted to make the pack this month so I'll likely not finish it before mid october.

Quote: "Just grabbed the Background Building Pack from the store, they're a great set!"

Thank you!

Quote: "Hope BSP says yes, I have a few of his guns already and I can't wait to get my hands on your sci-fi MP5!"

He has allowed me to use his rigs back in the old forums before the pack was released, so its likely that he does. I just like to make double sure before relying this heavily on the work of someone else and I have to make it work in reloaded first. Speaking of sub machine guns... a while ago I quit making games for a while and saved all my relevant material on my external HDD. I lost a lot of work that way, but I also found some old, forgotten work. I made a whole bunch of guns in the past, one of them was even textured... and not all too bad either.

Ancient SMG from early 2012

3 K polygons

Quote: "The other sci-fi models look like they'll give a lot of good variation to the pack. "

Thats good to hear. While it will be a small pack, I believe it can realy liven up a level with its architecture and amount of larger props.

Here is another large prop: (I textured it when I came home from an evening out...a little hammered, but the result is okay.)

Round Swamp Buildings (There will be a version with and without Solar Panel available.

Part of the Scifi Pack.

1425 Polygons

-Wolf

unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2014 19:11
Hey Wolf,

I haven't commented in a while. I felt as though I was hijacking your thread and I wanted to give other people a chance to comment and chat with you.

Your new work look really nice. I especially like the contrast of old versus new, with the swamp buildings! I think the solar panels work well with them.

I hope that MP5 gets working soon! I have seen that gun so many times, I feel as though I own it already! I need it in my collection! make it work! Please!

Great work mate!

Cheers

Jay

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2014 20:24
fantastic work love the mech, that is pro level

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2014 23:15
Hey guys!

I didn't reply sooner because I wanted to bump the thread with some new images of the last 2 props for the scifi pack. (I envision to sell the whole thing for 1000 Points. I might increase the price once reloaded is officially released...that way all my fellow pioneers get my stuff cheaper. Same with the reloaded version of the Mystics Lair pack (coming soon too))

...but I'm having an art-thing in early november which I have to prepare stuff for so my evenings haven't been as free for gamedevelopment as I wanted them to be. So I don't have a bunch of new pictures to share but wanted to reply to your feedback anyway.

@unfamillia:
Quote: "I haven't commented in a while. I felt as though I was hijacking your thread and I wanted to give other people a chance to comment and chat with you. "

Modellers talking about models in a 3d model thread? Please! Hijack my thread some more No seriously! I find your comments always interesting.

Quote: "Your new work look really nice. I especially like the contrast of old versus new, with the swamp buildings! I think the solar panels work well with them. "

Thank you! These solar panels are a retextured version of a sign from the cyberpunk pack, by the way I'm not all that keen on the new buildings, but they fit well in the scene/demo level I'm doing so I'm sure some folks might want to have them in their scifi scenes too.
Their rounded look also brings some balance to the very ... male... approach of the previous models.

Quote: "I hope that MP5 gets working soon! I have seen that gun so many times, I feel as though I own it already! I need it in my collection! make it work! Please!"

I will! Now I also know what to pack for you with the scifi-pack.

@science boy:

Quote: "fantastic work love the mech, that is pro level "

Wow! Thanks Would you like to request a fantasy themed model for twin worlds? I'd do it for free during the next 2 weeks! (depending on what it is, of course)

-Wolf

“There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.”
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2014 14:08
Quote: " I might increase the price once reloaded is officially released...that way all my fellow pioneers get my stuff cheaper"

That's the spirit! The community we have here currently is awesome; everyone is friendly, helpful and always willing to lend a hand if needed. I can imagine once the new Steam community comes here with their threads titled,

"I neeeeeedz a assolt gun modeled for freeeee. ITS URGENT!!! Halp me plzzzzz "

The community might take a dip. However, we must remain calm and positive as we always do.

Quote: "Hijack my thread some more No seriously!"

I am right here, right now! haha. Be careful what you wish for, I might start posting some of my own work here as well! Your thread seems more popular than mine, so, it's the best way for me to showcase my stuff and reach more people......

Quote: "Their rounded look also brings some balance to the very ... male... approach of the previous models."

Is this a boob reference? Are you saying that you used naughty images as references for the swamp buildings? I like your style sir!

Quote: "I will! Now I also know what to pack for you with the scifi-pack."

AWESOME! Can't wait!

#stupidlyexcitedforwolfsamazingmedia
#getonmyharddrive

Oh, best of luck with your 'art-thing'. I hope everything goes well.

Cheers

Jay.

Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2014 19:09
Quote: ""I neeeeeedz a assolt gun modeled for freeeee. ITS URGENT!!! Halp me plzzzzz ""

That made me laugh - thanks (it's funny 'cause it's true!).
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2014 12:31
Quote: "That made me laugh - thanks (it's funny 'cause it's true!)."

It's one of those things that we would all like to be NOT true, but, in the classic forums, it became the norm! All of the classic users that could make models were VERY understanding though and almost became immune to the thread titles and still tried to help! True testament to how nice these people are.

Wolf, I am officially hijacking your thread...........it's mine now. I have even changed my forum signature to showcase a few of my models, each with individual links. Thanks for the thread. You will have to make a new one now.........

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2014 11:03
Hi!

Quote: "That's the spirit! The community we have here currently is awesome; everyone is friendly, helpful and always willing to lend a hand if needed. "

Yes! The community is very strong and mature at the moment! I believe whe can handle the newbs once they arrise from the dark pits of ignorance and their desires to "drag and drop" their own Battlefield or Skyrim together. Thats all part of being a larger community though, the only real problem I see emerging are piracy and having the good threads suppressed by subpar ones.

Quote: ""I neeeeeedz a assolt gun modeled for freeeee. ITS URGENT!!! Halp me plzzzzz ""

I'm more afraid of the work in progress threads, to be honest

On a related note, do you know...da codez? LINK

Quote: "Your thread seems more popular than mine, so, it's the best way for me to showcase my stuff and reach more people......"

Actually, your thread has more posts and views than mine...and most of your store items sell better too . Perhaps you should update it with a new model

Quote: "Is this a boob reference? Are you saying that you used naughty images as references for the swamp buildings? I like your style sir! "

No ... I ...would...never...do...that... I swear!
But seriously, psychoanalytically speaking, all the towers etc. had a very male ...towering...style which translated onto the machine aswell. The newer building is a more rounded, curved thing without sharp edges...this is just getting worse! Lets get to the next comment

Quote: "AWESOME! Can't wait!

#stupidlyexcitedforwolfsamazingmedia
#getonmyharddrive"

#gladyoulikeit #comingsoon #yesallmen

Quote: "Oh, best of luck with your 'art-thing'. I hope everything goes well. "

Thank you! I take part on a large exhibition and just went ahead and rented 5meters of space. ...Now I have to produce 5 meters of material
When all else fails, I just print out some of my screenshots, frame them and write a pretentious haiku on it with a pink glitter marker. I'll be world famous.

Quote: "Thanks for the thread. You will have to make a new one now......... "

I counter it with some new screenshots, the battle is on:

Holographic signs from the old cyberpunk media. One is already available on the store for only 35 points. The other one is about to surface in the near future. They do show their age, I admit that, but they still look good on the facade of a futuristic building

Small Drawers
132 Polygons
Just a small desk you can place a vase, statue or perhaps some kind of weapon display on it. Its kinda subtle and good for fantasy hallways and dungeons.

Lake Purifier
5102 Polygons
(the glowing blue part is supposed to be submerged in water)
A large filtration coil to place in your oceans,lakes, rivers... or wherever else you wish to place it.
Its part of the scifipack which will be named "Abandoned Terraforming Station"
Its obvious that it has been designed to look worn and rusty, but I also included a cleaner edition among all the alternative models.

There is only one more item to go, then I can finally release that scifi pack

Comments are very welcome and thanks for visiting my thread.

-Wolf

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2014 11:14
wow that is an honour, how about you create something for twin worlds that you feel would be good, and it will be in no doubt about it, so feel free, and credits also. and if you ever need anything let me know, ( sits back in humbled state) thanks again wolf

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2014 11:17
I really love those brain sucker buoy things although they seem like they would be a little easy to capsize in strong winds.

That's got to be one of the best looking coffee tables I've ever seen. Thankyou for paying attention to woodgrain direction. That sort of thing makes all the difference.

Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3, Intel Core i7 2600K, 16GB Corsair DDR3, EVGA GTX 970 SC, Win7 Pro 64-bit SP1, Primary monitor @ 1920x1080, secondary monitor @ 1024x1280
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2014 11:47 Edited at: 10th Oct 2014 11:47
Quote: "the only real problem I see emerging are piracy"

I didn't think about that. Would Steam integration not help towards guarding against piracy?

Quote: "I'm more afraid of the work in progress threads, to be honest"

Oh snap! Again, didn't even think of the world class COD, BF and Skyrim clones!

"Checkz my NEW game!!!!! I iz guna sell it 4 £30!!!"

No.........no you're not.......it's a box in a field.

Quote: "On a related note, do you know...da codez? LINK"

Trolls are 'gonna' troll.

Quote: "Perhaps you should update it with a new model"

I do need to add a few more items to the store, but, I am busy with paid work at the moment, websites, screensavers, stickers and other models! I need to get this all boxed off so I can have some of my own design time back! I am actually working for another forum member on a really exciting project that will really make people stand back in awe! His ideas are fantastic. Look out for that in the future!

Quote: "But seriously, psychoanalytically speaking, all the towers etc. had a very male ...towering...style which translated onto the machine aswell. The newer building is a more rounded, curved thing without sharp edges...this is just getting worse! Lets get to the next comment"

Good save.........you were going down a path, that would have been very hard to back from.

Quote: "I'll be world famous."

You already are! In my head at least!

Quote: "I counter it with some new screenshots, the battle is on:"

Touché! Lovely screenshots.

I like the 'out of the box thinking' models that you make. The neon sign still looks great and that purifier is just a stroke of genius. Is that going to be quite a large asset? The screenshots don't give much in the way of scale.

Quote: "Thankyou for paying attention to woodgrain direction. That sort of thing makes all the difference."

I couldn't agree more. It's the finer details that 'young' artists fail to implement well. I myself have only recently come around to that thinking when I was trying to improve my own textures.

Cheers

Jay.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 20:55:21
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 20:55:21