Work In Progress / Test version of Colosso Crystal Skulls by Campana Productions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2014 06:39 Edited at: 29th Nov 2015 03:39
This is the link for the latest test version of Colosso Crystal Skulls by Campana Productions. Please play and send feedback. Be honest so I can be sure I am headed in the right direction with this latest game release. Please keep in mind this is still a beta test version and a work in progress. Please see the latest post for the most current game version.

https://docs.google.com/a/scubapsycho.com/uc?id=0B8XGeqMS7-BnU0xTRGNhR0xTZFE&export=download

http://www.campanaproductions.com/

campana4u@gmail.com
Hold still so I can shoot you!
Uman
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2014 14:45 Edited at: 2nd Aug 2014 15:03
Please add at least one in game screen shot to the initial post here either embedded in the post or via the attachment feature so as to comply with the requirements of this board. Additionally please read the WIP board requirements and update your thread post accordingly to fully meet with the board requirements.

If you do not do so this thread is likely to be locked and any offsite links removed.

Please note : Following the WIP board rules regarding WiP thread format and including an in game screen shot to posts at this board is mandatory and users not doing so risk their threads being locked which may be immediate or following such a request as made here at the discretion of Moderators.

Such threads will be watched by moderators and any action deemed necessary taken to ensure the forums rules are complied with.

Thank you for you co-operation.

UNIRD12B
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2014 21:25
hmm ,
question ...........
is this game you are advertising here made using the
FPSC Reloaded engine ?

thx

UNIRD12B

Let's actually make something happen with this one !
Colosso
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes this game is the current work in progress testing the Reloaded upgrade. I realize it doesn't scratch the surface on what Reloaded is capable of, but I think it helps me learn as I go if others can play what I'm working on.

Smartheart16
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool Cant Wait To Try It Out
Colosso
Years of Service
User Offline
I will be posting an updated version when the quick fix comes out for vr#1.008. It sounds like the boys at TGC have made more wonderful strides in this reloaded engine.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Colosso
Years of Service
User Offline
As promised here is the link to my latest test version of the Colosso Crystal Skulls game. It is only a test version, but it is looking good. I like the potential for the menu system. Its free, so give it a try. It took some work to get everything working again and include a couple of the new features from the 1.085 upgrade including our soon to be famous one armed shotgun dude. Most of the trouble I had with the engine I created myself with custom items and characters. All together a nice upgrade from our TGC guys. I know I'm looking forward to what's next.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8XGeqMS7-BnRlRDQzVhRmNKSVk/edit

Attachments

Colosso
Years of Service
User Offline
It has come to my attention that the "end game" or "end level" zone is not working correctly in my last release, but look for another update as soon as I work out some bugs. I have a great update on my custom characters coming too with a little help from our TGC team.

Colosso
Years of Service
User Offline
End game fixed and improved some menu and game play features.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8XGeqMS7-BndnZETnlmUktTNXM/edit

It's free so let me know what you think so far.

Attachments

Colosso
Years of Service
User Offline
Not sure if I should wait to upload my last updated test version or just wait until v1.009 is out. I have added so many new characters and trips/or traps. Let me know what you think and I will work to please the masses.

Attachments

tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 27th Aug 2014 03:45
Interesting game. I gave it a try. It has a very interesting look to it and was fun enough to want to try to finish it. It could benefit a lot from some additional game play elements and tougher enemies. I'd be interested in seeing a newer version.

System Specs: OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3.0Ghz, RAM - 8Gb DDR3, GFX Card - 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640, FPSC-R Version - Beta 1.0071
Colosso
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2014 21:47 Edited at: 27th Aug 2014 21:59
I will be adding many more creatures to the levels as the upgrades come out from the TGC team. I will try to post the latest update along with a video walk through tonight. Thanks for the feedback. I can always use your feedback to make the games as entertaining and creative as needed.

Attachments

Colosso
Years of Service
User Offline
Here are the links to the newest Beta test version of The Colosso Crystal Skulls. One is for the test game and the other is for the walk through video. Enjoy the game and let me know what you think.

Video
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8XGeqMS7-BneEpNLWFXb0Z5aHM/edit

Test Game
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8XGeqMS7-BnbTBPOHJMMjlSSms/edit

Attachments

Bolt Action Gaming
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2014 18:25
I'm not trying to be rude - but what's with the color palette?
Is this deliberate? What were your thoughts when putting that together? I'd like to better understand the intent.

Also on that note, what's the plot? I haven't had a chance to download it, only watched the video.
Colosso
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2014 21:16 Edited at: 30th Aug 2014 21:20
The bright colors and effects are done to create a cartoon effect, and yes it was on purpose. I am so tired of everybody wanting to recreate a "call to Duty" type game. This is why I have brightened things up. It will all be tied together with animation and video clips when the game is complete. A basic story and instruction link is in the "about" tab on the main menu screen. Don't worry your questions and comments will never be taken as "rude". Just constructive criticism. I know this is not the look everyone wants but I am not everyone. With over a dozen published games to my credit I can always make something that looks like everyone else's stuff, but why when TGC and Reloaded allow me to make what is my original style game. Thanks for the feedback and play as much as you like.

Attachments

Bolt Action Gaming
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2014 15:02
Thanks for answering. Understanding the intent goes a long way for me.

What's the story for this? Like, what's it about?
Colosso
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2014 16:16 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2014 16:17
Colosso Crystal Skulls is based on the entire Colosso Adventures series. To win the game and save the universe from the Colosso Creatures you must collect all the crystal skulls. The first games I published back in 1997 were the beginning of my games and the basis for every game I have published since then. There are over a dozen games now 1st person shooters and cheesy arcade games. This latest game is being made with the Reloaded software and I am trying to keep the same story line going. I love the way The Game Creators, Rick, and Lee have been supportive and provide simple solutions to making the games without having to write all the code myself. Play all you want and buy the games to support my efforts.

Attachments

Colosso
Years of Service
User Offline
Added a couple of screen shots to tease some more folks into playing the game and sending me some feedback. Play and see if you can make it through the Colosso Demons to reach the end.

Attachments

Colosso
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2014 20:07 Edited at: 14th Sep 2014 20:10
Has anybody else gotten unlimited life even when the game is set to 3 lives? When testing my latest game I noticed I can play as long as like even if I run out of life. The only end game is set when you collect the last crystal skull. Please send feedback on any issue you find when playing the test levels, and look for updates often.

Thanks!

Attachments

Colosso
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2014 06:05 Edited at: 16th Sep 2014 06:06
I have added a link to the Campana Productions website to download the latest version of the test games for this work in progress Colosso Crystal Skulls. This link will always have the most current version of the test game.

Stop in and play all the other Colosso Games including the first games published with the original FPSC.

Colosso
Years of Service
User Offline
The skyboxes created for this Colosso Crystal Skulls game are now available as a discounted pack in the FPSC Reloaded Store.

Attachments

Colosso
Years of Service
User Offline
With the latest upgrade release estimated in November by the TGC team. I am considering putting out another level I have been working on. All the users who want to play another level from my Colosso Crystal Skulls game please let me know what kind of action you are looking for and I will post a new level for your entertainment.

Attachments

Colosso
Years of Service
User Offline
Well as of today I have received only one request for what the end users would like to see for my next test level, so the arctic level will be posted in a day or two. I sure am ready for the next release of the reloaded engine. Following Lee's blog fills me with hope for an excellent game creation system. I am looking forward to the final reloaded more than anybody knows with several games published and hundreds sold that I made with the original FPSC. For years people have told me you can't compete with the big game companies by yourself. Don't ever let anybody tell you can't do something. I now have more games in the library of congress than many "big game companies" that are out of business now.

Attachments

Colosso
Years of Service
User Offline
Here it is folks! Another test level for the amazing Colosso Crystal Skulls

This level is set in the Arctic. The goal is to survive and collect the crystal skulls. With the frozen tundra and open spaces you may have to hunt farther and longer to finish the level, but watch out for the demons and the traps. Good luck and have fun. Remember this is beta test level with the current V1.085 Reloaded software. Any feedback is always welcome.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8XGeqMS7-BnLTlSc1VrbThTVjg/edit?usp=drive_web

Attachments

Colosso
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2014 14:20 Edited at: 12th Oct 2014 18:35
Code of silence?

Don't be silent. It has bee two days now since I posted last, and I see more than 50 of you have already downloaded and taken a look at the latest test level for the Colosso Crystal Skulls. Please be sure to comment back your thoughts. This forum and updates are designed to help me create a "Best of the best" Reloaded game. Any posts back will help improve the game. Thanks for the help and enjoy the game.

Attachments

Colosso
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2014 04:17 Edited at: 20th Oct 2014 04:18
Hello again Colosso Fans! I spent the weekend playing with the first test level. I couldn't help but post an upgrade. I have made a lot of changes and some really cool additions, so play as much as you like and keep sending feedback.

https://docs.google.com/a/scubapsycho.com/file/d/0B8XGeqMS7-BnUW4zelBpUDdZNGs/edit

Attachments

Colosso
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2014 04:24 Edited at: 25th Oct 2014 16:41
I'm testing out some pasted together level maps for the final game build. Let me know if this map helps or if you have suggestions to help a player make it through the game levels. This is the original first level with the latest additions not yet available for testing, but everything in the last release is on the map. I am also creating a video walk through and a step by step document to follow through the level.

Attachments

Colosso
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2014 04:03 Edited at: 25th Oct 2014 16:44
This will be the last release of my test level until the next Reloaded engine is out. Additions include the Jet pack needed to cross the river and reach the cave to collect the alien eggs needed for more health. This could be the only way to get past all the demon guards at the skull cave and finish the level. Changes and improvements will made to the Arctic level as well, but I am going to wait until I can play with all new improvements to the engine I hear are coming out soon. The updated level map is also posted here.

https://docs.google.com/a/scubapsycho.com/file/d/0B8XGeqMS7-BnQkM5ZEVMNFAtMjQ/edit

Attachments

Colosso
Years of Service
User Offline
Don't miss out on the latest update of the Colosso Crystal Skulls and all the new game play features. This game is being produced with the Reloaded engine, and the final game will be published with the rest of the Colosso Adventures on the Campana Productions web page.

https://docs.google.com/a/scubapsycho.com/file/d/0B8XGeqMS7-BnQkM5ZEVMNFAtMjQ/edit

Attachments

Colosso
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2014 03:29 Edited at: 28th Oct 2014 03:31
While waiting for the next Reloaded update I have been working on maps and walk through videos for the levels in The Colosso Crystal Skulls. This is the link for the latest video clip for this work in progress. Follow my forum thread for the latest updates to this amazing game. Be sure to comment and let me know what you think.

http://youtu.be/dUv-VUTl2sQ

Attachments

Colosso
Years of Service
User Offline
Work continues on the video and storyline for the Colosso Crystal Skulls. Keep an eye on the Reloaded Store for new assets created just for this game and the Reloaded engine.

Attachments

Colosso
Years of Service
User Offline
Helpful Hints
Colosso Crystal Skulls

After grabbing the key from the castle guard, you can fight your way through the canyon or go over the mountain to reach the Red Giant Church. The jetpack at the Church is the only way the reach the dark caves and make your way to the Crystal Skull room.

Attachments

Colosso
Years of Service
User Offline
Found out today the Reloaded team has removed this game from the GAMES tab on their web site. I will work to have it put back as soon as they have it available to add again. Please follow this forum for any and all updates, or visit my Colosso Adventure web site.

Colosso
Years of Service
User Offline
I have spent the last week working on about 15 new character sets. a total of almost 100 new enemies to add to The Colosso Crystal Skulls. Keep an eye on this forum for updates when the reloaded vr.1.009 comes out. New menu screens, multiple levels and new demons to conquer.

Attachments

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2014 15:58
I'm leaning myself out of the window here and claim that none of us want to see some DAZ software renders of random characters in front of random backgrounds. I see roman, native american, egyptian characters mixed with a woman wearing modernday clothes and glasses holding some kind of magical orb. The colors, the design of everything is really incoherent and looks like a collage of media from all over the place and not a single selfcontained videogame.

Its hard for us to even know what your game is about. The screenshots you do show feature some random landscape with modernday weapons while your out-of-place poser (?) renders feature some kind of pseudo-fantasy historical characters in scenes that don't link to each other at all.

While its not my place to tell you what to do, let me hint to you that it is in good tone to only bump your thread when you have something new to present. I'm in no way saying that your game is gonna be bad...I'm only saying that your presentation really is as unattractive as it gets.

As far as your game is concerned, you might want to pay attention to resolution and texture stretching aswell as the least bit of color coherence. If you want to stay with the bright, psychedelic colors, you should rework your textures so they don't look like they have been done in MS paint, because that is the honest vibe I get from them..

No personal offence, just my honest opinion and you can make whatever you want of it! Best luck with your further development!

-Wolf

"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"

"absurdity has become necessity"

79% Sale on my latest Scifi Modelpack. Get it here!
Colosso
Years of Service
User Offline
All opinions count for something. The game flow and all points that tie together the final version are far from being complete. Please remember this is a work in progress. The color pallet and total destruction of any time reference or objects are all part of the game. Follow the posts, play the updated versions as they are released, and maybe you can learn more. The story line is linked to the original games published back in 1997, and I'm sure you will enjoy this new game as it develops.

Attachments

Colosso
Years of Service
User Offline
Character build continues while we patiently wait the next Reloaded release, and updates will continue for all as the game progresses. I'm looking forward to the next step in creating the Colosso Crystal Skulls game.

Attachments

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2014 21:08
You do see that massive texture stretching?

smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "You do see that massive texture stretching?"

clearly thats not part of the game, just a test area for his new characters and he can't be blamed for something that is part of the core engine even if it was

life's one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
Colosso
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes Wolf, I am still learning how to make the objects, and get them to work correctly in the game. Maybe you can help me figure out how to map the textures correctly. I'm having way to much fun just making the game, and it is an ongoing learning experience since the first games I published were in DOS with 8 bit programing and sprites.

Colosso
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is the basic story line for those who haven't played any of the original games. This storyline will be cleaned up and added to a video clip for the opening of the game.

Colosso Crystal Skulls

In April of 1996. Escape from Dr. Colosso. The story began with our beautiful Red Princess being kidnapped by a mad scientist named Dr. Colosso. You must rescue her and save the world from this killer. The doctor is a hideous man who has made hundreds of men and monsters work for him and fight you with all they have. It's your life against theirs to reach our princess and destroy the mad doctor. You have friends along the way to help you and weapons to use for a good fight. If you can fight your way out from Colosso's dungeon, and follow the mad doctor through the portholes of time, you can win your princess back and make the world right. You managed to save the princess and put Dr. Colosso on the run.

In December of 1996. Colosso Revenge. After the princess had been saved you learned that the mad doctor has left his monster machine on overload. You must now race to stop the machine before the world is destroyed. You had better hurry. As long as the machine is running you can still save us all, but more men and monsters are being made to fight you. Your quest was successful, and the machine was destroyed.

In 2000. Colosso Secret. The world is safe now from Dr. Colosso, but you still have all these mindless men and monsters stalking you everywhere you turn. Your only hope to end this madness is to find the Colosso Secret! Return these creatures to the other side of the time gates, and close them in for good. After years of fighting and searching the secret was revealed. Dr. Colosso used the power of the Crystal Skulls left on earth millions of years ago to open the time gates. Years of the Colosso Adventure and finding the Colosso Treasure have been no help to mankind.

It is now 2014 and the only way to destroy the mad Colosso armies of zombies and evil creatures is to find all the Crystal Skulls left by an ancient race. Together all the skulls are the only way to gain the power needed to shut down the time gates. The portals are the same way you were able to move through time and space all these years, but they are now distorting the fine lines between the dimensions of evil and the real world. The world is a mess of combined times and places. Nothing makes sense. Even the world no longer looks real. Can you find all the crystal skulls before the world comes to an end, and the Colosso Armies finally win? Colosso Crystal Skulls.

Attachments

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2014 23:58
Ok have you got gimp or paint net?
2 useful art packages and you can get the normal map maker for gimp. That plus a black and white version of the texture as the specular and the 3 create shading.
That is the free art side.

You can also use blender for free has many tutorial for you. So you can find the right solution for you. All the best. any other help just ask

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
Colosso
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Science Boy. I tried all three, but paint.net is the only one so far that I have figured out. I will take another look at GIMP.

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2014 00:29
Quote: "Yes Wolf, I am still learning how to make the objects, and get them to work correctly in the game. Maybe you can help me figure out how to map the textures correctly."

Oh! Of course! I was worried you'd tell me that was part of the games design
I'd gladly help you, if you ever experience that kind of stretching again, you can PM me the model and I take a look at what went wrong and (if possible) will fix it.

-Wolf

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2014 00:33 Edited at: 15th Nov 2014 00:36
I use paint net also. Gimp is for normal maps. I think maybe you could try 3d crafter an easy start to modelling I use it still for mainly animation. I also find it good for uv mapping. And not too expensive. I have fragmotion for import export etc good to grab biped animation. That is a starter for you. I think you will find great reward in making your own. It is a great sense of achievement and to sit back and be proud. So I think you should immerse yourself in a 3d package. Learn it. Boring and a pain but so worth it. Trail and error. And slowly you improve I think you have the enthusiasm for it

And wolf's got you covered now so I see great things

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
Colosso
Years of Service
User Offline
My new creature sets are ready for the next release. They will add a much more intense battle atmosphere on all the levels. I am looking forward to putting the multi level feature to use.

Attachments

Colosso
Years of Service
User Offline
I would like to post the latest update to my test level while we wait for the release of V1.009. I have been holding off to be able to make a multi level test game, but I think it would be nice to have a before/after comparison for this next reloaded release. Let me know what you think.

Colosso
Years of Service
User Offline
The Colosso game series was a childhood dream come true for me. As I was growing up I would always say I wanted to make Saturday morning cartoons or work for a big game company making video games. As I grew older and technology grew faster and cheaper. I found I could do these things on my own. With the help of the internet and computers I could not only make my own games but I could market them as well. Most games I played came from big company names, and I used things I liked and disliked to base a new game series around. The first games were released in four parts. They are:1. Escape from Dr. Colosso,2. Colosso Revenge,3.The Colosso Secret, and 4.The Colosso Value Pack. Although parts of the game series were incomplete, I felt the need to release the game in small parts like chapbooks to encourage users to play along. The first part of the series was released in April 1996. Hundreds of copies have moved around the internet and I am starting to get feedback from people who want more details on the rest of the series. Well the series is now complete! Bounce around my web pages and look for my stuff on the World Wide Web. The Colosso hunt awaits!

Attachments

Colosso
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2014 02:59 Edited at: 7th Dec 2014 03:04
Here is the link to my final test version using the Reloaded Vr1.0085 engine. this will be my comparison file for the next upgrade. I placed as many objects and enemies into this level as my system memory could handle. I have a list of odd bugs like the end game screens do not return to the menu screens as they should and weapon ammo not loading when picked up. These and some other small concerns are things I will be looking for fixes on when the next upgrade is released. Happy hunting folks. Please let me know what you think. No comment or suggestion will go unnoticed.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-fJhTSz6pKZTUtfZHY2NF9iVU0/edit

Colosso
Years of Service
User Offline
Encouragement for better games. I have this forum thread going to encourage my fellow reloaded users to help me create a better game and no comment or suggestion goes unnoticed. Please feel free to play the game as a work in progress and send me feedback. Many improvements and changes will be made before any final game is published. Honestly I wish I had done this with all the other games I have had published over the years. Bring it on and lets all show the world what a great group the Reloaded folks can be. A huge thanks for all the users who have already sent feedback. I know I post a lot on this thread, but I am very excited about the potential here.

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 16:04:50
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 16:04:50