Free Models and Media / [Request] Classic sword/bow?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys,

I heard that someone had been able to get a sword or a bow to worked in reloaded...Is that located anywhere here on the forums I could download?

Thanks!
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 25th Jul 2014 17:42 Edited at: 25th Jul 2014 17:42
E30Legend had it working in an older version of the engine, but sadly it no longer works in the current build. I bought that pack after seeing his video and tried for many hours to get it working and no luck. It works somewhat, but not good enough. For example, all the fantasy weapons come in as not textured and even if I fix all the texturing assignments, point to the new .fx files, and so forth, it is still just white. In addition, there are even more problems with the bow. You always see part of the arrow model in the upper left corner of the screen even when you haven't pick up the bow yet. And when you pick up arrows, they don't add to your ammo. Maybe more fixes can be done to alleviate that, but I'm not sure. I also saw an issue where performance dropped dramatically by just possessing the bow or trying to pick up arrows. I haven't tried in the latest build, but I don't expect much has changed. I was testing in 1.0071.

I actually might give this another go in 1.008 since a sword would be a nice addition to my game. But I won't spend too much time on it since I need to finish my comp entry.

System Specs: OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3.0Ghz, RAM - 8Gb DDR3, GFX Card - 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640, FPSC-R Version - Beta 1.0071
HomelessRyder
Years of Service
User Offline
@tomjscott
Thanks man, good to know. I'm gonna really be needing fantasy weapons like that, due to the fact that all of my games (for the time being) are going to be set in the past (before guns)...sounds like I had better get to work learning how to pro
Jackal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2014 21:46 Edited at: 26th Jul 2014 21:47
It shouldnt be as hard as it is to get custom work into reloaded. That should be one of the main things thats in by now. At least then I could make something and not a just a prefab level. Granted its not super hard to get static objects into reloaded right now, but animated is another story and thats whats most important.

"Vae Victis" P.S I am a GOLD Backer of this project. I'm just to lazy to email for my badge. If your reading this, then your probably thinking that I could of sent that email instead of typing this. Well, you wouldn't be wrong! Now that you have read all of this....Back This Project. Thank You And Have A Good Day or Morning or maybe evening....
PM
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2014 12:54
Animated models are just as easy to get into reloaded as static models. It weapons and characters that are the tricky ones!

If you use Blender and you are struggling with getting animated models into Reloaded, I made a tutorial video to show you how easy it is.

Here is the link

Cheers

Jay.

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2014 19:06 Edited at: 28th Jul 2014 19:09
Bow should be pretty much possible now with the new Flak system. If you use the rpg as a basis you could have exploding arrows....cool stuff.

There are a bunch or parameters in the specs (not sure they all work yet) which would now mean particle weapon spells etc.

A funny thing happened on the way to the forum...
HomelessRyder
Years of Service
User Offline
If anyone manages to get any of these working, let me know!

http://www.gamerzup.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/homelessryder

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 11:57:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 11:57:34