Off Topic / Do you game?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2014 01:05 Edited at: 19th Jul 2014 02:38
So, after seeing some comments around the forums, I have to ask, do you actually play games or just hope to strike it rich by making one? Recent releases, like since black Ops was released? Id definitely like to get feedback from the admin and Coders on this one to see where their inspiration comes from in making entities and characters.

Myself personally, I still play Black Ops as I have 2 servers I run. One is a straight forward no camping Capture the Flag server and the other is a modded server I did that is roughly based on an apocalypse. Since the release of Back Ops, ive played every title from the Call of Duty series and Battlefield 3 and 4. Both of which are extremely heavy on your GPU. All of the Arma series, Left 4 Dead, Red Orchestra, Rust and The Dead Linger. The last 2 are in alpha Beta stages as well and are still playable and under constant development but still extremely playable. Battlefield has done some amazing work with their engine where as you can blow apart buildings, the pieces of debris can fall and kill you, they have bullet drop, aircraft and vehicles and alot of other amazing features. If you live ina closet and have never heard of these, please do your self a favor and just watch some YouTube videos of them.

I am a very blunt person. I have NO filters in communication. I say exactly what I think and feel. If you think im being abrasive, its probably a personal problem because usually, Im not. Win 7 64, AMD T1100 Thuban cooled by Thermaltake, 16GB GSkill Ripjaws series 10-9-9-9, 4 HDD's Saphire 6950 Flashed with 6970 Bios and all powered with Corsair CX750M
PM
AuShadow
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2014 03:41 Edited at: 17th Jul 2014 03:43
I am an avid BF4 player myself and have all the battlefield series going back to 1942, also had most medal of honors, call of duty up to black ops 2, and also quite a few MMORPG's.

Now its mostly BF 4 and Wildstar but if the devs are looking for great single player examples I would check out Rage, I found I finished it too quickly but loved the game play

@imchasinyou do you play DAYZ as well, can't get the mod version working myself but they ate doing OK with the standalone version

PC Specs: Windows 7 home 64-bit, Amd 7900 3gb DDR5 graphics, 8gb DDR3 Ram, Intel i7 3.4ghz

Feel free to visit and edit the public FPSCR resource wiki page: http://fpscrresource.wikispaces.com/home
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 17th Jul 2014 03:48
I definitely play games. I play EQ2 from time to time as well as various Nintendo Wii U games. I've played a few FPS games over the years like Unreal, Half-Life 2, Crysis 2, etc. I also used to play Heretic 2 a lot. I'm not really a big fan of FPS games. You laugh and wonder why I'm here then, but I guarantee you that FPS Creator Reloaded can do a lot more than just make your typical FPS game. In fact, I think doing things other than FPS is where the engine really shines the most.

System Specs: OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3.0Ghz, RAM - 8Gb DDR3, GFX Card - 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640, FPSC-R Version - Beta 1.0071
AuShadow
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2014 04:01
Just realize neither I nor anyone has referenced playing the fps game changer it was...... The original DOOM.

PC Specs: Windows 7 home 64-bit, Amd 7900 3gb DDR5 graphics, 8gb DDR3 Ram, Intel i7 3.4ghz

Feel free to visit and edit the public FPSCR resource wiki page: http://fpscrresource.wikispaces.com/home
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2014 09:34
Mass effect 3 + Skyrim occupy most of my game playing time. Mass effect 3 multiplayer is a blast.
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2014 10:13
I play the following, when I get time

BF3
BF4
TF2
Counter Strike

And a load of single player games as well such as Wolfenstein new order.

I am pretty busy at the moment though so haven't picked up a game for a while, which is a shame.

Windows 7 Pro, Intel i7 3.8 GHz, 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked
PM
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm always a couple of years behind with games, because I don't seem to find time to check out the latest.

I currently still play Fallout 3, and Borderlands 2. I also play several MMO's of various genres.

SC

i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2014 10:50
@sc, i can beat you, i play dungeon master, old bards tale, and anything like bomb jack to thing on a spring ( talking 80s)

i do play new bards tale, skyrim and of course legend of grimrock.

looking forward to
elite dangerous and grimrock 2 ( both
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2014 12:43
I normally play Dead Island, Portal 2, Left 4 Dead, Crysis, Garry's Mod, Rust, Hard Reset; but, recently, I have become stupidly addicted to HearthStone! A card game! I have an absolute beast of a PC (for games and rendering) and I choose to play a card game!

Anyone else play HearthStone?

Cheers

Jay.

Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2014 13:27 Edited at: 17th Jul 2014 13:28
Currently I'm playing :

Skyrim

AC4

Bioshock infinite

Assetto Corsa

I bought Bioshock infinite in the Steam summer sale and I can't stop playing it, great story, game play and graphics and a bargain for £5 !

I also play WoW now and again but fed up with it at the moment.

PC - Windows 7 64bit, Intel i5, 12Gb Ram, 1TB WD Black, Evga Gefore 760gtx 3GB

Laptop - Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Core i7-3632QM processor, 8GB of RAM, 1Tb Hdd, Nvidia Geforce GT 740m
PM
wildman4
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2014 00:25
I play World War II online. All of Europe is it's map and you can walk from one end to the other if so inclined but it would take an awful long time - LOL.
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2014 07:41
Fallout 3
Fallout: NV
Skyrim
COD: Ghost
RAGE (haven't finished)
Doom (haven't finished)
Half Life 2 (haven't finished)
Outlast (currently)

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce 420 GT
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2014 15:12
I got back into playing games a while ago.

Finished The Witcher² once again as its one of my favorites, had some fun with a small adventure called "Memoria" afterwards, got into wasting time on Mars:War Logs for a while and now I bought Ghost Recon Future Soldier which really angers me as it made a great, somewhat mature tactical shooter game into another wet teenie-army fantasy.

Thats what I played this year anyway.

Quote: "Battlefield has done some amazing work with their engine where as you can blow apart buildings, the pieces of debris can fall and kill you, they have bullet drop, aircraft and vehicles and alot of other amazing features. If you live ina closet and have never heard of these, please do your self a favor and just watch some YouTube videos of them."

Am I interpretating that correctly that you want TGC to put these features into reloaded?

"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"

"absurdity has become necessity"
Imchasinyou
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2014 02:37
Quote: "Am I interpretating that correctly that you want TGC to put these features into reloaded? "

You would be incorrect to put words into my mouth and caution should be taken for doing so as it only makes you look foolish!

Im not too sure where you got that this thread was a suggestion board for reloaded. I merely was asking if and what games you guys play and listed some of what I play and have played as well stated the very impressive things I have seen from the BF series!

ATTN Moderators-
By making this post, I fully understand I may be put into "moderation" again and fully accept that. I will not have a simple thread turned into what it isnt when there was absolutely NOTHING I stated resembling the kids remarks! IF i am placed into "moderation" again, please have some courtesy this time and tell me that I am being placed in the corner with no dinner and why!

Thank you,
Imchasinyou.

I am a very blunt person. I have NO filters in communication. I say exactly what I think and feel. If you think im being abrasive, its probably a personal problem because usually, Im not. Win 7 64, AMD T1100 Thuban cooled by Thermaltake, 16GB GSkill Ripjaws series 10-9-9-9, 4 HDD's Saphire 6950 Flashed with 6970 Bios and all powered with Corsair CX750M
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I think it was just a simple question. Nothing more. I think most people would like to see that sort of stuff at some point, but we certainly don't want to start a Reloaded V games debate of course.

As to games, yes I have played loads of them. Many, many games. Although Doom style shooters have never really took my fancy that much. I'm certainly more interested in open world sandbox style games in general. Shenmue being an old favorite.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 260GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2014 08:15 Edited at: 19th Jul 2014 08:17
Quote: "You would be incorrect to put words into my mouth and caution should be taken for doing so as it only makes you look foolish!"

Well #1, it was Wolf and he was joking. #2, this thread is in the product chat so technically this should have been in off-topic.

As for what I play, I've been backlogged for over a year! I recently got Mass Effect 1-3 on my PS3 (I own it for all other platforms + PC) and its my favorite series to date. Mass Effect 2 alone is the best story driven AAA title, in my opinion; every character is interesting besides 1 or 2 and that is very rare for a game! Of course, story-based games have always been my thing. I recently finished Wolf Among Us, finally snagged a Wii U for Mario Kart 8, and I've been enjoying the Destiny Beta on my PS4 the past two days! I'm a pretty wide-spread gamer if you haven't guessed.

The Birds - A narrated adventure.

Escape The Bunker: 1945 - A Much Needed Remake
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2014 08:30 Edited at: 19th Jul 2014 08:33
@Imchasinyou

Since you are aware that your comments may lead to moderation, I'd politely suggest that you think before posting in future.

@All

These are friendly boards, and attempts to incite or inflame are not taken lightly. I would remin
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2014 14:25
Quote: "You would be incorrect to put words into my mouth and caution should be taken for doing so as it only makes you look foolish!
"

Hey! I look foolish whenever I want to!

Besides, I don't know why you think my comment was in any way worded against you. You posted features you like in another game in the reloaded chat board so I assumed you want to see these features in reloaded.

Quote: "By making this post, I fully understand I may be put into "moderation" again and fully accept that."

Why? You got oddly defensive but not abusive Its okay to be sensitive So no hard feelings, okay?

Quote: "Of course, story-based games have always been my thing."

Same here! Sadly they are in the minority, and in that minority many are jaringly pretentious. I'm amazed that with all our possibilities, there aren't more Mass Effects out there.

Quote: "All of the Arma series"

A sterile, lifeless, pseudo-mature mess that just drowns in its own bugs ! And I bought all three of 'em. I never found out what I liked about these games but I keep booting them up to play the infantry missions.

-Wolf

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2014 14:25
I've placed this thread in the appropriate section, as the OP has pointed out it has nothing to do with ReLoaded.

@All: Pressing "Post Message" is a cognitive choice. As such, I would assume that anything you say is what you mean. Bearing that in mind, any infractions of the AUP will be dealt with accordingly here. We will not return to the days long past, in the old forums, where there was chaos. People here will not be berated, talked down to, or threatened; in any way, shape or form.

Purchasing a pledge package does not entitle you to be a dick. Speak to others as you would have others speak to you; unless you enjoy being put down. In that case, don't say anything at all.

I play BF 3 and 4, and soon to play the new COD. EA and their "Origin" can take a flying leap, as far as I'm concerned.
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2014 14:34 Edited at: 19th Jul 2014 14:34
Quote: "EA and their "Origin" can take a flying leap, as far as I'm concerned. "

Add Ubisofts Uplay to that. ...but they sell Splinter Cell, which is something my inner 12 year old always have to get on release date so they got me by the fur!

-Wolf

mfgcasa
Years of Service
User Offline
I currently play a lot of strategy games, Crusader Kings II, Europa 4, Starcraft 2(Gold level ), natural selection 2, Gary's Mod. I'm looking forward to AC 5, Galactic civilizations, a few Zombie games, Civ 6.

But the game I am really looking forward to is http://www.flagshipgame.com which lets you command a fleet of ships from a fps view in your capital ship and to control your space nation, with randomly generated universe and space stations(all of which you can explore). Needless to say it uses the oculus rift for more epicness . The only other thing the game could offer me is a ship designer

RAM 8 GB

i7-4770k CPU 3.50 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
PM
nuncio
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2015 15:09
right now i'm playing far cry 1 (classic) but it's awful to play on my PS3.
i began GTA V, shadow warrior, last of us and killzone, for PS4 but none of them finished.
the most beautiful games i ever played were rage, bioshock infinite and far cry 3
also i really enjoyed wolfenstein new order, far cry 4 and bulletstorm.

in the older days i liked duke nukem 3d, doom, shadow warrior (old version). and commander keen, does anyone remember?

i think the most thrilling and exciting and controversial game ever is mario kart (wii) i play this with my wife for years now and it's still not becoming boring i guess relationships and marriages were destroyed by this game! it makes friendships end

i also like cars. "need for speed" and "burnout paradise city".
https://de-de.facebook.com/nunciogame (my point and click adventure)
http://www.nuncio-rap.de (everything i do in my free time)
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2015 18:23 Edited at: 18th Mar 2015 18:25
I'm playing games since the 80s, still have my C64 & Amiga here.
I play nearly everything, racing games, fps, adventures, platformers and also since over 20 years Flight Simulator hahahaha

Still a fan of DOOM !!!

I like simple old school shooters, I've played a few COD & BF. But... I don't know... I need simple shooters, maybe I'm getting old hahaha
Burnout 2 & 3, awesome games

Old school FPS fan, DOOM!!! Why GG not working on my AMIGA 500?
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2015 20:56
Quote: " I need simple shooters"

You have to get the shadow warrior remake! Its great. Recommendation from me

79% Sale on my latest Scifi Modelpack. Get it here!
nuncio
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2015 09:42
yes, this is a nice one. i have just played the first two levels but somewhen i have to complete it. it's nice. and very gory.

i almost forgot the other ones! forgive me: maniac mansion, zak mc kraken, monkey island, sam & max, day of the tentacle and all of the oldschool adventures. i also must mention the new adventures from germany like the deponia trilogy.
i like adventures. i almost forgot cause here it's about shooters
https://de-de.facebook.com/nunciogame (my point and click adventure)
http://www.nuncio-rap.de (everything i do in my free time)
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2015 13:32
Shadow warrior, yes, the remake is really great. Bought it on the last steam sale. My type of game....
I am also a big adventure fan, but the newer adventure, well, I am not happy with them. Only the monkey island remake was good.
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2015 00:23 Edited at: 30th Mar 2015 00:23
Jupp! Finish shadowwarrior It gets surprisingly intelligent towards the end.

I love adventures...just no point and click adventures.
Most of my projects have been 3d adventures (altough only the shooters got released).
I greatly enjoyed the penumbra series for its intense atmosphere and interesting storyline. Same with older 3d adventures like trespasser. I'm not big on Myst, the pacing is awful. I recently finished memoria by daedelic games... It was mediocre.

-Wolf
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2015 20:42
"I recently finished memoria by daedelic games... It was mediocre"
Yes... that's normal with todays adventures. I miss the old 2D pixel adventures from Sierra and Lucasarts.
Blade Runner was a great adventure. And Phantasmagoria 2....

PM
Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2015 09:08 Edited at: 1st Apr 2015 09:09
Quote: "A sterile, lifeless, pseudo-mature mess that just drowns in its own bugs ! And I bought all three of 'em. I never found out what I liked about these games but I keep booting them up to play the infantry missions. "

There's something wonderful and terrifying about the Arma audio design and how bullets crack or whizz as they fly past when you are being shot at. Would love to see something like that make it into GG. There are also a lot of really neat "life" mods for Arma 2 and 3. I haven't played them but enjoy watching streams of them on Twitch and have a good number of hours in DayZ Standalone which is Arma 2.X based.
Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3, Intel Core i7 2600K, 16GB Corsair DDR3, EVGA GTX 970 SC, Win7 Pro 64-bit SP1, Primary monitor @ 1920x1080, secondary monitor @ 1024x1280
nuncio
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2015 10:04
Quote: "I miss the old 2D pixel adventures from Sierra and Lucasarts."

i don't want to make another advertise out of this but because i think "space quest" was one of the greatest adventures of all time (esp. part ][) i tried to make a hommage to SQ, also monkey island, sam n max, day of the tentacle and so on in my own adventure game that is free to play, you just need to download 1.something GB... :o i'm sorry but after two years of hard work i didn't have the motivation to translate it into english anymore so this might only be useful for german-speaking people.
so if you got some time for a crazy mad game you can see here for more details.

https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/210663

about adventures: does anyone know the "new" zak mc kraken game (between time and space). this was done with the same engine i used for my game ("visionaire-studio"). this is also for free and i guess it is in english. it was made by germans but with the official permission of some ex lucasarts members who created the original.
i thought "deponia" was nice, i like the old games and i really liked deponia as well (part 1). the german dubbing was really well done with monty arnold, gronkh and smudo.

talking about old 3d games, the original shadow warrior and duke nukem 3d were great i also played wolfenstein3d ("Mein leben!" and "Ah eine kleine amerikaner") and doom. do you remember "heretic" and "blake stone", really trashy even when they came out
i don't really like the HD portations of doom, duke nukem and shadow warrior (available on steam) but in the BFG edition of doom3 there are Doom1 and 2 for playsation3, really funny and strange

http://www.nuncio-rap.de
intel core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz; 8GB RAM // NVIDIA GeForce GTX560Ti
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2015 21:51
I loved all Sierra games, except the SQ series hahahaha... don't know why.
Never really played the SQ games. Leisure Suit Larry, Police Quest, Gold Rush, Phantasmagoria 2...Lucasfilm(arts): Zak, Day of the Tentacle, Indy, Monkey Isl. oh, all great games... Still have the old big boxes here somewhere...

visionaire-studio
I think for a commercial game you need a license, right?
PM
nuncio
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2015 05:55
yes, you can create a game and give it away for free or sell it for up to 14,99€ with the 35€ license. for games starting at 15€ you need a 1000€ license but then there is no limit. this is a little too expensive for a private person but 35€ for a complete game editor is really okay.
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2015 17:06
yes, agree...
35€ is ok, maybe someday after I finished my first GG game...
PM
Clonkex
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2015 13:56 Edited at: 3rd May 2015 13:59
Hell yeah I play games! I'm a gamer first and a programmer second!

I firmly believe that if you make a game you yourself would love to play and that doesn't already exist, you will have a far easier time "striking it rich" (as the OP put it) and have way more fun doing it to boot Games made purely for monetary gain (or where monetary gain is a very high priority), such as BF4 or any of the thousands of in-app purchasing-filled games on mobile devices, will often be played by many people but at the same time hated. For example, Battlefield 3 and 4 are both excellent games that the devs at DICE are probably very proud of, but because they were funded by the massive, greedy EA, they were forced to be released in a very buggy state in order to make fast returns on EA's (admittedly enormous) investment. The game was awesome in most places but there would always be game-breaking bugs and instability that took months or even years to resolve because EA refused to give DICE the resources they needed to fix the game, instead forcing them to spew out DLC for even more income.

Anyway, this isn't a rant against EA, it's to make a point. If you make a game purely for monetary gain, the players may love the game (if you're lucky) but they will hate you. If you make a game that you want to play, the players will love the game and you. In the long run, that's a far, far better position in which to be

Right, time to get back to writing the A* pathfinding algorithm for my game-that-I-will-want-to-play!

EDIT: One more thing: If you don't play games and you think you're going to "strike it rich" by making one... well, good luck. You're gonna need it!
PM
nuncio
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2015 12:49
i just got thru the first half of the Shadow Warrior reboot and i have to say that it's fun. no need for a brain but great, bloody fun, slashing thousands of orc like demons with a katana. yes, funny.

did you already hear about "wolfenstein: the old blood"? i will have this here around next week and i'll tell you how i liked it "new order" was nice already.
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2015 17:32
I bought The Witcher (the first one) off Steam a few days ago, for $9.99, and it's pretty good so far, despite its age. It would have been better if I'd waited until this weekend, because it's on special for $1.49, which is a steal. The Witcher 2 (which I bought a while ago, so I'm not fussed about missing the special) is $2.49, which is also ridiculously cheap.
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2015 19:16 Edited at: 8th May 2015 19:17
Quote: "i just got thru the first half of the Shadow Warrior reboot and i have to say that it's fun. no need for a brain but great, bloody fun, slashing thousands of orc like demons with a katana. yes, funny."

Its not half as stupid as it seems... you'll see once you finished it.

Quote: "The Witcher 2"

Among my top 5

-Wolf
mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: witcher 3
Posted: 8th May 2015 19:39 Edited at: 8th May 2015 19:49
Myself, I get kind of bored with the call of duty and battlefield. It's probably my fault though, I don't like multiplayer and I played everyone in the series so after about two of them it just seems like I'm playing the same game with better graphics(with the exception of bad company 2, that one had something special). I prefer games like Metro 2033/last light/halflife/singularity/wolfenstein/doom/far cry/the darkness/fear/ect as far as first person shooters go. Alien isolation was a real good one that just came out too but you can't really consider that a shooter. I'm probably one of the few who actually liked colonial Marines, of course I got it for five bucks. There's too many good ones to list and I'm in danger of a rambling on

I really couldn't see why anyone would want to make a game if you didn't have a passion for playing them. That kinda sounds to me like wanting to write a book but having never read one. You have to get your inspiration somewhere... Although, if you play too many it might rob you of your time to make them. Once witcher 3 comes out all probably be stripped of any productivity for at least a month
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2015 12:21
Quote: "Once witcher 3 comes out all probably be stripped of any productivity for at least a month "

you bet! Altough to be honest, I'll likely wait until its cheaper to get.

I recently started the Mass Effect Series. I absolutely enjoyed Mass Effect 1.... great fun and I played way too much of it. Mass Effect 2 is a great game too, I just don't like it that they made it so much darker and more violent...there are already sufficent games in that tone. ME1 felt a lot like a good Star Trek Episode

-Wolf

mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: witcher 3
Posted: 11th May 2015 15:06 Edited at: 11th May 2015 15:32
Just thought I'd mention, g2a.com has the witcher 3 for 30 bucks. I haven't used them yet myself but everything I read makes them sound legitimate.I don't usually pay full price myself but for the amount of content this game has it seems worth it. And judging by how much I like the second one I don't think I'd be disappointed. That's the only game I actually did everything I could find and didn't skip any side quests. I just bought mass effect 2 myself! I'm not quite sure why it took me so long to get around to this series, the first one WAS pretty good although doing the mini games to open doors and chests kind of aggravated me. They were kind of quick and I'm kind of slow I lost a fair amount of stuff making Omni-gel
PM
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2015 11:05
Quote: "I recently started the Mass Effect Series"

My favourite series. Mass effect 3 got a lot of stick for various reasons, but I started with ME3 so I had no expectations and absolutely loved it. I then moved on to ME2 and finally ME1. Each has its own character, strengths and weaknesses, and I love all 3 for different reasons. Most fans of the series see ME2 as the best, but, for me, ME3 wins by a nose (although I think ME3 is darker and more violent than ME2).
nuncio
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2015 00:58
just started "wolfenstein: old blood", looks just like "new order" and gamesplay is also the same, now you have a tube for melee attacks and climbing. i'm just in the second chapter but until now it's fun.
nuncio
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2015 10:52
it's impossible to get the platin trophy in wolfenstein old blood. i'm too unskilled for this :/ i finished the campaign and i have to say that it was nice. short but nice. this game is the backstory to "new order" and in the very end of "old blood" you see the beginning of "new order". nice. and some funny moments, too. it has zombies!
nice one but they could have made a much bigger and longer game with the story.
FabledFoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Game Guru
Posted: 9th Aug 2015 04:32
Once I get my game built I'll be playing a lot more. I like big open worlds, MMOs, Post apocalyptic games, Large racing games like TDU, Farming simulators, Fishing games, Hunting games, games with level editors (not so much now), Funny games, Sexy games (AO), The occassional war game, and if I ever get a decent computer I'm sure I'd enjoy the hell out of GTA.

Technology grew faster than my wallet. But I've always made games and played games, not all of them videogames. This will make my 3rd or 4th time around for video games. I did the yoyo games thing for awhile-- wasn't my thing. Worked with a developer that has a few games on Steam, at that time it was to much for me to handle. And I've farted around with some of those small flash games websites and game making softwares but never got anywhere.

But yeah, I still play. Whatever my computer can handle.
AceRimmer
Reviewed GameGuru on Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: classic British heavy metal mostly
Posted: 17th Aug 2015 16:21
Arma3, Arma2, DayZ, Epoch.... European truck simulator, Microsoft flight simulator, rising sun..... but my absolute and all time favourites were the early team based WW2 shooters - call of duty (1 and 2) the early Medal of Honour, and close on their heels unreal tournament and quake2. Battlefield 2, blimey I lost huindreds of hours in that, also TF2.
Half life of course. imho battlefield2 bad company was the last great BF game... ramble ramble...... sigh.
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2015 16:34 Edited at: 17th Aug 2015 16:46
Some good memories there, AceRimmer. I don't know how many thousand hours I clocked on FS2004 and FSX, but time well spent. Medal of Honor:Allied Assault was a great game - I tried playing it again for old times sake a few days ago, but couldn't get it to work. Battlefield 1942 was another game I wasted/enjoyed many hours playing. Modern COD/Battlefield games (at least the single player campaigns) are awful - almost unplayable for me, so I stopped at BF3 and COD Modern Warfare 3.
nuncio
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2015 19:37 Edited at: 9th Sep 2015 11:17
i just played the "ghostbusters" video game and it was really great. if you like the movies you might like the game. they got all the original actors with their voices. so sad that harold ramis passed away ;( they could have made a great movie from this story. yes, it was fun!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 17:41:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 17:41:05