Third Party Tools / Omega Core - Lua Extension Plugin

Author
User Banned
Posted: 31st Oct 2014 03:07
This is definitely bizarre. I originally thought it was something to do with trying to use the same sound on more than one entity, but it's actually just happening if you have 2 scripts with sounds in them. Everything is working fine for me with my base sound script with the ambient 2D background and the random 3D birds. And even if I add the fire sound in the same script it's fine. But if I put the fire sound in a separate script, then it has this choppy sound issue as you have pointed out.

My thought right now is that somehow the way the sounds are getting loaded in separate scripts could somehow be an issue. I'm not sure why. I will continue to look at this when I get more time, but for now, I would suggest simply creating one master sound_loader script that maintains the global handles for all sounds and then simply address them from within individual scripts. For multiple entities referring to the same sound, you may have to wait on that unless you can figure out a way to load them with separate sound handles and assign the right handles to the multiple entities.

System Specs: OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3.0Ghz, RAM - 8Gb DDR3, GFX Card - 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640, FPSC-R Version - Beta 1.0085
hukuta94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2014 09:55
Thanks for the information. I'll try
PM
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 31st Oct 2014 13:42
No problem. Sorry I don't have a quick fix for the original issue. I looked at this for a while last night and have no clue how this can be happening. In my own examples, the only difference is that different scripts were loading the different sounds, but then once they were loaded and values assigned to the audio engine they never did anything after that. So why the audio engine has a problem with this is beyond me. I do have something to try this morning, but not really optimistic about the results. If I fix this then I'll get a new version out asap.

System Specs: OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3.0Ghz, RAM - 8Gb DDR3, GFX Card - 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640, FPSC-R Version - Beta 1.0085
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 31st Oct 2014 14:11
Wow, was I wrong. I should know better then to ignore a little tug from God pointing me in the right direction. I prayed about this and an idea came to me that I thought had almost no chance of success, but it works. The problem is fixed. I will be releasing a new version of the plugin shortly. I just need to update some documentation.

tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 31st Oct 2014 15:02
Here is the release of Omega Core 1.07a.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7flh5dtcn9sekj4/Omega%20Core%20-%20v107a.zip?dl=0

This includes the 3D audio fix as well as the new automated input functionality. I didn't have time this morning to add the automated mouse button input, however. I will do that asap and make another release this weekend.

A couple of things to note.

1. The ocAUCreate function has been removed. If your script calls this function, you'll need to remove it or you'll get an error. The audio system is now automatically created whenever you try to access an audio function.
2. ocVideoPlay now uses mplayer instead windows media player. If you use video playback, you'll need to get the mplayer application and put it into your Files folder. I didn't have time to outline the details or where you can get mplayer so I'll do that in the next release. So, if you are using this feature then PM me and I can help get you going.

tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 31st Oct 2014 17:04
@hukuta94, just so you are able to do your multiple sounds correctly, here is code I whipped up to show how to make a script that can be attached to multiple entities with the same sound file. I wrote this without completely testing it so I apologize for
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 2nd Nov 2014 02:33
Thanks for continuing with and releasing 1.07a of Omega Core

I'm currently messing around with the input commands to see if I can get a kind of smooth 'Matrix bullet-time' type effect and also a player 'stun, fall, incapacitate' script.

Hope you have the time to get the mouse-click input working too. And GUI? Or are we pushing our luck for that ?

tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Nov 2014 04:33
I'm making plans to add the GUI in at least at a primitive level for starters. Sorry I didn't get the mouse button automation input done yet. I have an inflammation in my left eye and it's been really bothering me. I have to see an eye doctor on Monday to see what's wrong. It's made it hard for me to do much work on anything.

cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2014 09:49
Sorry to hear that. I had a 'DIY Disaster' several weeks ago where I accidentally got a face full of concrete dust and both my eyes were burning and watering for weeks afterwards. I know what you mean - I could barely find the fridge never mind see code on the screen .

Hope you get better soon.

exadion
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
First, Sorry if i am making a stupid mistake but I really want to get this into my game. I keep getting this error and I am just unable to see the mistake.

heres what I have

I think that correct but i got this image..
attached:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 4th Nov 2014 16:24
It turns out that I have a large cut on my left eye, which I have no idea how it came to be. I'll be getting a special contact lens that acts as a medicated patch that I'll wear until it heals. Who knows how long that will take. I'm able to do some work, but the eye does strain a bit when working on computers or driving.

Bolt Action Gaming
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2014 18:55
cut my eye as a kid, had to wear a patch for a week. Totally understand. Enjoy the joys of not itching it.

That said, is there somewhere I can see a full feature list for the current version?

Please check out my reviews blog

http://fpscreloadedreview.blogspot.com
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 4th Nov 2014 20:08
Quote: "is there somewhere I can see a full feature list for the current version?"

I don't have anything separate from the documentation. You just need to download and look at the documentation to see the features.

cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2014 21:16
@exadion Check the documentation re OpenAL.dll. You get this error if it's not present on your system. I think Tom has placed a download link for it in his documentation.

[url=http://mechastica.com/][img]http://mechastica.com/ima
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 4th Nov 2014 21:36
@exadion, sorry for not responding to your post. I completely missed it. I think cybernescence might be right about the OpenAL32.dll file. I do have a link in the documentation where you can download it. If that doesn't solve your problem I'll try to help
exadion
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
@cybernescence @tomjscott Ok I added the openAL from the link in the documentation. That error went away.. But I got a new one. Except adding the open al everything is the same.

Attachments

PM
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 4th Nov 2014 23:08
I've never seen that one before. One thing to check just off the top of my head is to make sure that an anti-virus program didn't disable omegacore.dll. If it did then you can tell it to allow it to run anyway. I'll keep thinking of other possibilities, but nothing comes to mind at the moment. Except if the OpenAL32.dll is somehow corrupt or didn't get downloaded all the way.

exadion
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2014 01:25 Edited at: 5th Nov 2014 01:30
I re-downloaded both open Al and Omergacore - No change.

So I was looking around online and basically it seems that with LUA and DLL its basically to do with the OS and the bit version. I have seen it mentioned in a few places that it occurs when trying to run a 32 bit .dll (from lua) on x64 windows.

I am running x64 Windows 8 Enterprise edition.

(Also, just noting the Enterprise edition removes some things like gaming type stuff. Are there any other dependancies? Access any system processes?)

Anyone using this on x64 windows? (I figure thats what everyone uses, just checking though.)
PM
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 5th Nov 2014 01:32
I also use 64 bit windows and it's fine for me, but I have Windows 7, not 8.

exadion
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I got it! it was a problem with openAL (again). I found this https://code.google.com/p/rallyraid/downloads/detail?name=oalinst.zip&can=2&q= Which is a installer for it. Extract -> install -> Test=Ok!
PM
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 5th Nov 2014 04:16
Glad to hear you got it fixed. That's good news. I hope you find the plugin useful.

exadion
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you..

[Now to decide if I want to post my multilevel system to the forms. (I successfully managed to hack together 2 way map changing a few days ago.)]
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2014 11:43
i have been a bit slack, sorry to hear of your eye, may it heal with gusto for your comfort, a chap as tops as you does not deserve such things. hope it heals quick and painless

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 19th Feb 2015 17:37
Just a quick update. With Game Guru on the horizon, I'm going to be releasing a minor upgrade to Omega Core that includes the missing mouse button simulation functions. In addition, I'll be updating the documentation to include references to Game Guru instead of Reloaded. Any additional feature updates/improvements may come in the near future as well, but no promises.

tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 28th Feb 2015 02:22
For anyone trying to use Omega Core with the new release of Game Guru, you must put the omegacore.dll in the following directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Game Guru

Unless you chose another directory for your main program to reside. In that case, you'll have to hunt down the proper location.

I've tested keyboard input and it's still working in the latest release. When I get some time, I'll test all other features and then begin to code new features for a version 1.08a release.
shakyshawn8151
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2015 15:47
Hello tomjscott, We have just started a new Forum area for Third Party Tools, we will be relocating this thread there. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
Shawn
CPU; Intel G850 2.9ghz \ GPU: Raedon HD 7750 1gb \ 4GB Ram

Windows 10 \ 1TB HD \ 60GB HD
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Mar 2015 16:29
Thanks, Shawn. It's no inconvenience. Quite the opposite, in fact. I appreciate that this exclusive 3rd party forum area allows for better exposure to those who might be looking for such tools.
Old Larry
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2015 09:35
I try to run omegacore under windows 8.1 x64 and got this error message: "the omegacore.dll error, the module can't be loaded".
Under windows XP Professional with SP3 x32 working fine.
Any idea why got error in windows 8.1 ?
Smile today, tomorrow could be worse

http://bestradiolarry.ro/fpsarea/

"The best forum, game software, operating system or web platform, it's that software which can give you most of the features and speed, not just amazing graphics."
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 12th May 2015 13:26
Quote: "I try to run omegacore under windows 8.1 x64 and got this error message: "the omegacore.dll error, the module can't be loaded".
Under windows XP Professional with SP3 x32 working fine.
Any idea why got error in windows 8.1 ?"

Well, I have 64 bit Windows 7 so I don't think 64 bit is the problem, especially since GG is only 32 bit currently. Unfortunately, I don't have Windows 8 myself so I can't quickly check this and troubleshoot it. My daughter has a Windows 8 laptop that I might be able to try it on to see what's wrong, but I couldn't do it right away.

Just to verify. Is your setup and location of the dll the same as it was in XP? Just trying to rule out the possibility that it just can't find the dll.
Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2015 17:01 Edited at: 12th May 2015 17:02
I had trouble with Windows 7 64bit so I tried the link above from 'exadion' Posted: 5th Nov 2014 02:59 . After that it worked . Maybe it would work with Win 8.1 ?

Lance

I got the same error message as 'exadion' before I used his link to solve the problem .

Attachments

PM
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 12th May 2015 17:03
True, it could be OpenAL not installed.
Old Larry
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2015 18:29
tomjscott wrote: "Well, I have 64 bit Windows 7 so I don't think 64 bit is the problem, especially since GG is only 32 bit currently. Unfortunately, I don't have Windows 8 myself so I can't quickly check this and troubleshoot it. My daughter has a Windows 8 laptop that I might be able to try it on to see what's wrong, but I couldn't do it right away.

Just to verify. Is your setup and location of the dll the same as it was in XP? Just trying to rule out the possibility that it just can't find the dll. "

Of course, all settings of omegacore is like in windows XP (on the GG folder in steam). Now I've test one saved game make it in XP who containing omegacore and working fine in XP, but give me the same error message in the Win 8.1
I will edit this reply soon with one screenshot error...

"The best forum, game software, operating system or web platform, it's that software which can give you most of the features and speed, not just amazing graphics."
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 12th May 2015 18:31
Did you try installing OpenAL per Lance's suggestion above?
Old Larry
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2015 18:42 Edited at: 13th May 2015 18:17
tomjscott wrote: "Did you try installing OpenAL per Lance's suggestion above?"

All settings is the same like in to xp (including the " OpenALL") for omegacore , like I've told you in the previous of my post.
Later edit: see the error in the attached picture, and as you say: if erase the omegacore.dll file, goted multiple error messages about no omegagore.

Attachments

tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 12th May 2015 19:47
OK. Definitely post the screenshot error later. It might give a clue. One thing to try would be to remove the omegacore.dll and see if the error message changes at all. It might give me another clue.
Old Larry
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2015 13:56
See the photo attached upper please

tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 14th May 2015 14:08
OK, so it finds the omegacore.dll, but it just can't find the Lua module itself within the file. That's very odd. The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is that there is an issue with the version of Lua that I compiled the extension with. I remember it being a huge challenge trying to get the correct Lua library because it would only work with one of them. I have 4 different versions installed, but only 5.2.3 would work. There is now a 5.3 version that I never tried. I'll link with that and give you a new dll to test. Maybe that will solve the issue.
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 14th May 2015 14:52 Edited at: 14th May 2015 16:10
Here you go. I haven't even had a chance to try this at all so I have no idea if it even works on any Windows version. I simply linked in the newer Lua static library and build the dll.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0mau7ffd1n515wl/omegacore-win8test.zip?dl=0

Let me know how it goes.
Old Larry
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2015 20:06
Thanks tomjscott I will try this tonight.

Old Larry
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2015 11:33
The same error like in attached photo from my previous post.
Don't worry @tomjscott, is one of the GG v 029 bug when it running under the windows 8.1 x64 system.
Under windows XP-SP3 32 bits, your omegacore work perfect.

tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 16th May 2015 15:07
OK, thanks. Happy coding.
Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2015 17:51
Tom:

The link above from 'exadion' > The DLL is a different size (107kb) than the one you originally posted a link to (97kb). Maybe something changed in the DLL ? .

Lance
PM
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 16th May 2015 19:16
Quote: "The link above from 'exadion' > The DLL is a different size (107kb) than the one you originally posted a link to (97kb). Maybe something changed in the DLL ? . "

If you mean the omegacore DLL then it's because the last one I built was with a different Lua static library and that probably changed. If you mean something else then I'm not following.
Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2015 13:28
Tom:
Sorry , the open AL size is different .

Lance
PM
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 17th May 2015 13:32
Quote: "Sorry , the open AL size is different ."

Yes, apparently the dll I posted doesn't work and it is suggested that others just install the OpenAL distribution themselves. I have no idea why my version doesn't work, but it's not related to this particular problem since Old Larry has mentioned that he had it all working previously and is using the same setup. Presumably that means he's using a working OpenAL solution. But maybe not. Now he's saying it's a bug in the latest GG release so maybe that'll get sorted out and it may work.
!nullptr
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2015 22:59
Just on this. I d/l'd the "win8test" version and it didn't work. I reverted to the 107a (build 31/10/2014) and everything works fine.

Running 8.1 with specs as below.
Development/ Gaming Rigs
Sys 1: i7-4770 (3.5)/16Gb/128 SSD/3Tb/970gtx/2 x 23, 1 x 27 LCD - Sys 2: i7/8Gb/670gtx/1.5Tb/1 x 23 LCD - Sys 3: Amd Quad/8Gb/645gtx/1Tb/30" LCD
PM
gaussmake1994
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry for offtopic, but what Lua library version I must use?
I tried statically linked version of VC10 librarry for Lua 5.2.3, but I getted "multiple Lua vms detected" error.
Or, maybe something wrong in my code?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 08:58:49
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 08:58:49