Free Models and Media / Walls with a window hole needed please.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2014 00:11
Hi does anyone have a model of a wall entity with a hole in for a window?. Iv looked and i cant seem to find one. I have one for a door and walls with slats but no window, so my rooms look a tad odd. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks Kyle.
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2014 09:21
what size wall and what size window opening?

Details or no one can help you.
What is the size of your other wall?
Do you have the textures combined already?

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 4gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

wenga
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2014 09:57
Hi there thank you for your reply. And i hadn't posted any details because i was waiting for a response. And im not totally sure how i get a size so iv just uploaded the wall entity im using in the hopes it can be done using that. And Just a regular square window. I really have nothing more than that iv already got texture files though.

Again any help is appreciated.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
wenga
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2014 10:53 Edited at: 6th Jul 2014 10:54
Hi pirate myke. thank you for your reply. I believe this is your good work and i noticed a window in the background. Now is the window a cutter from fps 1 or have you created a wall with the window cut out?. Also iv uploaded a shot from the store its of your work hope you don't mind.

Attachments

Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2014 14:46 Edited at: 6th Jul 2014 14:48
The days of the segment door and windows are out with the punch object built in. That is until the construction kit is released.

Walls have to be cut manually now to insert windows and doors. In that model you seen on the store was custom made to fit for the kitchen sink which is one dimension and the other window which is a more standard height. then the door. Not what I would say would work for everyone out of the box. in fact I made it so quick for a display, it will not close on it self if flipped around.

What would be best if you could say, I need a modular wall pieces, to accommodate a 20 x 20 space. Maybe 10ft long and 8 or 10ft high and the thickness of the wall is not so crucial anymore, for putting together like the horror pack that TGC did.

Have a door section, a door and window section, A window section for each size window you need, and the type of window, (sliding, crank open, single double)

A blank wall section, Arched wall section, Half wall section.

The above solution might be better for you, as you would then have meshes as standard drop in pieces, that could also be re textured, for other room needs.

What would be needed from you is: the texture you want on the outside, inside of the wall. Texture you would like for door and windows. Texture you would like for floor and ceiling. Sizes of window space you want or proper sized xfile of window frame and window itself, same for doors. (Door need to be wider then normal and a bit taller then normal to handle collision and the player not appearing to be bumping his head. single doors or double doors. What kind of frames you want around doors and windows. Decide if you would like 5ft long pieces or 10ft long pieces or a combination of both, to be able to fit these together inside the editor without having gaps in between the pieces or 6 or 7 placement attempt to get right.

Most of these kinds of models are on hold, till we can see how the construction kit is going to function, and what it will take to get custom media into it. what it will take for NPC's to be able to walk on this stuff also, not thru it.

So with a few pieces of good info from you and the textures, I could get this started. Your textures would be exclusive for you, but I could model and map the objects to be retexture friendly and release these on the free media site for all.

This would give you something to work with till the construction kit is released.

Let me know. Also looking at the piece you attached.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 4gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

wenga
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2014 15:17
Please find attached Pirate myke all of the assets i have in relation to our conversation. I have 1 floor tile and a single wall, a wall with a door cut out and lastly a template object i was just mapping an image over for a window so its a good size to use as your comparison. Thanks Wenga

Attachments

Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2014 15:20
Got these now.

wenga
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2014 20:31
New screenshot giving a rough idea of the kinda thing i'm trying to achieve. Building up rooms using a selection of wall entities.

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 15:17:18
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 15:17:18