Scripts / Is DarkBasic Unity underlying FPSCR?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
"Unity" does NOT refer to the "other" game engine, it refers to a plugin for DarkBasic, which allows the combination of DarkBasic and Lua programming.

I have been wondering about this for a long time (If anybody knows the answer I would be happy to hear it):

??can we use Unity Lua functions in FPSR Lua scripting??

Unity gives a large number of very useful functions to include in out Lua scripts. Copying for the Unity manual:

"Functions available to your scripts are:

PositionObject ( object number )
RotateObject ( object number, angle x#, angle y#, angle z# )
MoveObject ( object number, speed# )
PointObject ( object number, target x#, target y#, target z# )
x#, y#, z# = ObjectInfo ( object number)
x#, y#, z# = ObjectRotation ( object number )
dist# = ObjectPointDistance ( object number, x2#, y2#, z2# )
dist# = GetDistance (x1#, y1#, z1#, x2#, y2#, z2# ) ..."

Some of these already exist in the current FPSCR version (e.g., "MoveObject" is "MoveForward"). Other do not exist, and they would come real handy. For instance I would love to have "x#, y#, z# = ObjectRotation ( object number )" (tomjscott, are you listening?).

If the answer to my question is YES, it should be VERY easy to modify FPSCR (say in the next release) so that we get access to all the Unity functions. Maybe I should post this to fature creep.

TK

PS: You may wonder where I got the idea that Unity exists inside FPSCR. Two reasons.
1. I would bet good money that TGC are building FPSCR using DarkBasic and some Lua tool, so Unity would be the most natural one.
2. A small trace of Unity is visible in FPSCR, namely the functions SendMessage, SendMessageI, SendMessageF, SendMessageS. These appear in the global.lua of FPSCR and come straight from Unity.

Whereof one cannot speak thereof one must be silent
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 10th Jun 2014 01:23
I wish we had all those scripting functions. That sure would make my contest entry a breeze to finish.

System Specs: OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3.0Ghz, RAM - 8Gb DDR3, GFX Card - 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640, FPSC-R Version - Beta 1.007

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-01 23:06:04
Your offset time is: 2024-05-01 23:06:04