Free Models and Media / Free semi truck and ISO container chassis

Author
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2014 02:32 Edited at: 24th May 2014 02:46
Here is the truck and trailer to go with the container model as promised. There are two chassis models in the folder. 1 for use with the truck (shart landing gear), 1 that can be used free standing (landing gear touches ground). The iso container model already posted on this board fits the chassis perfectly. The truck looks great on the low shader but has some kind of smoothing issue using the highest shader level. I have given up trying to sort out the issue in hope that version 7 will fix the problem. Both models are free to use in anyway you want. License is included in the download.

Hope someone can use these.

Spotaru

EDIT:

1: if used for commercial work the "Reloaded" plate on the rear of the trailer MUST be removed.

2: The reloaded nameplate on the trailer is backwards. Sorry, I forgot to flip the uv before posting. You can load it in any modeler and flip that one face or open the texture and flip just that part of the texture. I'll get used to blender's backwards writing one day

henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2014 03:18
very nice mate thanks.

what was the final poly count in the end ?

cheers henry

Spotaru
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't remember the final poly count off the top of my head. I think the trailer is around 3500 and the truck is around 10k Most of that is in the wheels as I could not get the lower poly versions of the wheels to work in reloaded. They look like stop signs. I'm still having some smoothing issues with blender. There is also quite a bit of polys I could lose on the truck but like I said, I'm still learning blender for one thing so wasn't really focused on keeping the polys down. Also. I'm still getting used to reloaded. What you can see on the model in blender is far different than what you can see in reloaded. For instance I have faces on the inside of the fenders because in blender you can see through the fenders when near the tires. In reloaded you can't even see the inside of the fender. Anyway I'm feeling much more comfortable with blender after these three models and a few others I haven't posted. Now I'll start actually trying to keep the poly counts down. And as I get used to what detail is needed and what is not within reloaded, my models will only improve. I hope.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2014 23:28
Awesome! Thanks.

Brian.

If my post seems rude or stupid, don't be offended. It's just a failed attempt at humor.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Stunning...Awesome work Spotaru

Thanks so much..I did notice the Container pack goes really well with it

PM
TazMan
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2014 11:35
Thanks

This looks fantastic and will go very well with my game level.

I've got something to say

----

It's better to burn out than fade away.
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Awesome stuff!

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 260GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 04:43:37
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 04:43:37