Scripts / [LOCKED] Request for scripting features

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have posted the same in the feature-creep area. I am reposting just to make sure my request is noticed, especially since the next beta will be the one which will contain significant expansion of the scripting capabilities.

1. I would like to be able to use lua commands to READ and WRITE various entity attributes. For example, to be able to read the g_Entity[e]['x'] for every time step in the game and also to be able to MODIFY it (again at every time step ). Similarly for y, z coordinates, for orientation etc.

2. Also to have FILE input / output capabilities, i.e.,

2.1 to be able to write g_Entity[e]['x'] to file at every time step

2.2 to be able to read g_Entity[e]['x'] from a file and use it to modify the actual g_Entity[e]['x'] at every time step.

All of the above capabilities are easy to implement in LUA, the question is really to let LUA interact with the FPSC engine.

Whereof one cannot speak thereof one must be silent
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2014 19:54 Edited at: 24th Apr 2014 19:54
As you've already posted this in feature creep, I'm going to lock this one. To help the team it's always best to post on the correct board. It's doubtful that they will look here for feature request.

We've more or less finalised the LUA commands for the next beta and to avoid becoming distracted won't be adding to our workload.

Still, keep posting in Feature Creep, that board does get read and taken notice of.

SC

i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 02:09:01
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 02:09:01