Feature Creep / My top 10 ideas wish list for FPSCR

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2014 20:08 Edited at: 5th Mar 2014 20:13
I just posted a thread for my player legs idea but then remembered i had a bunch of other ideas too.

In no particular order-

1- Option to change gravity value

2- Option to change gender of player controlled sprite

3- Visible player legs (already mentioned)

4- More paint options - Rocks, stones and frost as well as grass.

5- Road and street prefabs

6- Bring back the indoor prefabs from classic FPSC

7- ADS aiming

8- Character and Vehicle creator

9- Weapon creator

10- Skybox creator
PM
tommy8
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2014 22:08
Don't know if this is asking too much but what about development support for Playstation, Xbox, Wii U and android?
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2014 03:21 Edited at: 6th Mar 2014 03:27
Quote: "Bring back the indoor prefabs from classic FPSC"

We will have even better prefabs coming with the construction kit in the future.

Quote: "Road and street prefabs"

Without a doubt you will see this around the same time the construction kit comes out. Even for myself personally I started building roads and street blocks to be used with the construction kit once it comes out.

Quote: "Don't know if this is asking too much but what about development support for Playstation, Xbox, Wii U and android? "

Considering FPSC-Reloaded is running off Direct X this is highly doubtful. But is one of the most requested features.

Quote: "Skybox creator "

Its actually not that all difficult to create a skybox. Take a look at how the skyboxes are made in the stock skybox folder. It uses a simple box X file and is wrapped using textures for each visible side.

If you copy one of these skyboxes and make your own textures it will become available in your list of skybox options in the drop down. Same process for creating new terrain.

Though I can only assume a couple 3rd party softwares will be put together to help you build your skyboxes and terrains in an easier fashion.

Quote: "Option to change gender of player controlled sprite "

Are you referring to the soundset used which is male? Since that is the only indicator of what gender the player is.

tommy8
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2014 03:59 Edited at: 6th Mar 2014 03:59
Quote: "Are you referring to the soundset used which is male? Since that is the only indicator of what gender the player is."

If the option to have a player model is introduced as i suggested, there will also be anatomical implications.
PM
Thurnok
Years of Service
User Offline
And even if not, there's always the hand(s) in view holding the weapon. Seems like that could be updated with male/female hands even if nothing else comes to fruition.
PM
tommy8
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2014 02:36 Edited at: 11th Mar 2014 02:40
if multiplayer is introduced, will that not necessitate a whole player model anyway?

I don't think any true professional FPS's these days are made without them.

It would be good to have functional mirrors, being able to see your reflection. This was in Doom 3! (2001)
PM
Thurnok
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't think any of us doubts it will be in place, due to the where the roadmap for the product is headed. However, for the short term, too many other priorities are in place. So it will just be a long road before that becomes important.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 11:07:12
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 11:07:12