DEATH OF XP

mk83 Productions

PM
TattieBoJangle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2014 21:13
I thought it died ages ago lol there is already talks of windows 9

PC SPECS: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit, Intel I7 4GHz CPU, Asus R9 3GB GPU, 32GB DDR3 MEM
Sparrowhawk
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2014 17:07
They're still having a hard time actually killing XP, especially as a third party has decided to continue with security updates and such, even I still use it from time to time - it has proved 100% to be very hard to kill, bigger market share than 8 and 8.1, as well as being what, 12/13 years old now?

Long Live XP!

I'm not really a fan of the post-7 operating systems.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2014 13:45
As far as I can glean from the web (and the numbers are fuzzy at best) XP still holds a good 30% of the desktop market usage. As hard as MS tries to push each new system and make it increasingly hard to get and keep the previous one, it has shown to be the best OS that MS has ever made, a mistake they probably won't make again. If they didn't pull each OS off the shelf as they bring in the new one, I think XP would still be king, as there really isn't any advantage to upgrading. XP will not be going anywhere for some years. I'm using it right now.

Brian.

If my post seems rude or stupid, don't be offended. It's just a failed attempt at humor.
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2014 20:50 Edited at: 31st Mar 2014 05:45
I think if you look at it world-wide.... many offices are still using P4 computers with XP on them. They gotta make the switch someday! lol

s4real
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Xp wont die just yet as 95% of cashmachine still use it thats why 3rd party company is continue with security.

As for home use I think it will fade out after a year, Microsoft have said that they will keep updates for another year for 3rd world countrys as most these still only use XP.

We will just have to wait and see.

best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.

Help keep vishnu free by Donating now :- http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=208057&b=21
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2014 12:36
safeafterxpdies2 primary

30 minutes ago | By Mark Hachman

Obituary: Windows XP passes away, leaving behind millions of mourning supporters

Windows XP, Microsoft's beloved seventh major operating system, has died at the hands of its creators. It was 12.

mk83 Productions

PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2014 07:05
We just finished switching to Win7 at work this past week. It was a six month-year long process. Enormous, multinational conglomerate though, lots of computers. At home my office desktop still runs it, just put an SSD in it and a newerish video card, maxed out the RAM and a fresh install of the OS along with my favorite applications (reloaded as well!). Boots in 30 seconds or less and runs like a champion! Still my favorite! My main laptop runs Win7, secondary laptop Vista, and my MAME cabinet tower runs Win 8.1 (CURSE YOU, MICROSOFT!!!!) RIP, XP, you were faithful and true.
PM
MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2014 14:24
May be it's for the best....

Check out the [FPSC Reloaded FAQ]!

Also check out my YouTube Gaming Channel: [href=http://https://www.youtube.com/user/MadLadDesigns] MadLad's Gaming Channel[//href]
BarZaTTacKS
Years of Service
User Offline
I never understood why people would want to stay with xp.. win 7 then win 8 runs faster. I hate working in xp as it just feels so old standard. I guess its just me.
PM
DolphinLover30
Years of Service
User Offline
Xp is not the death, windows 9 is going to be the death according to tech posts scattered around the net about its functionality. when windows becomes Android it will die and that is where they want to go. Chromebook will replace Microsoft as the leading edge OS and if you have used it then yes shudder because it will happen. 7 is the way to go or the 8.1 upgrade where certain task commands were returned to desktop since 90% of PC are not touch screen.
Also killing off desktops for netbooks and laptops and tablets will be the death as well, most gamers if not all prefer control over their machines and when they need upgrading and what they can upgrade. I prefer being able to upgrade my RAM and graphics as I see fit for my needs and keeping the rest of my system intact. Right now I am on an Acer Aspire One 722 system and I have graphics comparable with Alienware but my processor is slower than a TI-38 calculator at 1.3 ghz dual core. (Pentium 4 3.0 is faster than my dual core) I can not do anything but add a new HD as I already have max ram at 4GB in it.

This town is infested with killer cockroaches .. repeat .. killer cockroaches !!
PM
Sparrowhawk
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2014 22:34
Windows 9/8.2 will have return of the classic start menu in one form of another. Chromebooks, luckily for our sanity will not overtake or some near yet. The most concerningrumor is Windows 9 will be cloud based, which would be terrible as there are still many places with terrible internet infrastructure.

Microsoft officially released a screenshot with a start menu returning:
http://gadgets.itwriting.com/2862-microsoft-announces-the-return-of-the-start-menu-to-windows-8-again.html

This was at the BUILD conference, had they enabled that option when we beta testers of 8 and 8.1 has predicted the impending flop... the whole issue would never have arisen.

OSX 10.10 will gain market share I suspect, but Microsoft will still remain King for a few years yet at least.

Custom Mac Pro (2014): OSX 10.9 (Mavericks) and Windows 8.1 Pro: Octa-threaded Xeon E5 v2 @ 3.7Ghz [9775]; Dual AMD FirePro D500 (3GB VRAM Each) [3769]; 12GB RAM [2517]; 512GB SSD [9074];

At the detected score [passmark 9074], my SSD is ranked 3rd of all SSD's in the charts

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 14:34:52
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 14:34:52