Off Topic / Is this piracy?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2014 03:13
Hello,

I really want the game Day-Z, but I do not have the founds right now, I have been looking into giveaways when I found this. http://dayzstandalonebetakeys.blogspot.com/I am not a expert when it comes to this, but does this look like piaracy? I am completely against piracy, but I don't know if this website is legit or not. Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Uman
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks Dodgey to me though just my opinion.
TattieBoJangle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2014 13:55 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2014 13:59
100% fake its one of they survey sites!

If you are unsure of any site do a Whois.

Also Day-Z is only £19 to buy on steam

PC SPECS: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit, Intel I7 4GHz CPU, Asus R9 3GB GPU, 32GB DDR3 MEM
drewtaylorr
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I own day z standalone and honestly I can tell you , you don't want it at its current state. There are countless glitches and bugs it almost makes the game unbearably annoying for me in my opinion . Honestly wait for it to be out of open beta then I would think about purchasing it (:

Kill or Be Killed
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
drewtaylorr wrote: "I own day z standalone and honestly I can tell you , you don't want it at its current state. There are countless glitches and bugs it almost makes the game unbearably annoying for me in my opinion . Honestly wait for it to be out of open beta then I would think about purchasing it (:

"

i also have it after a friend convinced me to buy it with him and i have to agree with drewtaylorr, not nearly enough content to make it worth playing and the AI is terrible (think FPSC-R in it's current state)

it definitely has potential but if it will ever get there.... who knows

life's one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm sure there are legit beta keys for DayZ, but that site, if legit, does itself no favours with it's presentation. Any real keys would be given out for review purposes more so than anything else, so I would imagine this is fake as can be. I looked at this game, but am sick of unfinished betas being heavily promoted on Steam rather than finished titles. Call me old fashioned if you will, but there it is. I have several beta or alpha games I have bought and although some update regularly, others seem to take their sweet time to do anything.

I will state this is not a jibe at Reloaded. I was perfectly aware it was a beta from the start and interested enough to part with my cash anyway. It just seems there are so many unfinished games on Steam these days it's almost unusual to find finished ones.

almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
I have to agree with the steam issue... I have been waiting a life time for steam to get mass effect 3 or dragon age 2.. but alpha's and beta's seem to be the way of it there at the moment. kinda sucks really that alpha games are the fashion these days. I can understand some don't have the funding needed for full game before release of beta's or alpha's over there, and maybe some never get the amounts they need to finish on steam sales either?. but still more alpha/beta then finished games it seems on steam being advertised lately.

evga GeForce gtx 750 ti boost2.0 2gb gddr5. win 8.1 quad core 4gb ram.
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2014 04:46 Edited at: 14th Apr 2014 04:59
I learned a simple lesson a long time ago in city far, far away from here (another suburb of Phoenix, albeit the same internet): If you feel it necessary to ask: Is this piracy?, it probably is.
PM
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 12:54
Quote: "I learned a simple lesson a long time ago in city far, far away from here (another suburb of Phoenix, albeit the same internet): If you feel it necessary to ask: Is this piracy?, it probably is."

If there was a 'Like' button, I would have punched it in the face.

BarZaTTacKS
Years of Service
User Offline
I have the standalone, those images are not from the standalone, I would stand away from that..lol
PM
DolphinLover30
Years of Service
User Offline
Only way to know if it is not piracy is if it is directly linked off the original website by the owners like FPS Creator does with the older version through trialpay. That is how I got the classic version and it works quite nicely with no bugs or problems and is upgradable with no issues via the classic unofficial upgrade site.

This town is infested with killer cockroaches .. repeat .. killer cockroaches !!
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 05:51:04
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 05:51:04