Off Topic / Graphics cards

Author
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2014 19:56
This looks interesting http://www.amazon.co.uk/EVGA-1176MHz-1255MHz-5400MHz-Graphics/dp/B00IGQ4Z3S/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1393090150&sr=8-7&keywords=gtx+750+ti#productDetails.

Dave

AMD Phenom(tm)IIx6 1090t Processor 3.20 GHS

8.00 GB memory Windows 7 64 bit

Nvida Geforce GTX 580
PM
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
I purchased this gpu today, cant wait for it to arrive and fit it to see what outstanding fps I get I will post in here again when I can test it and let you know what performance I get. and it only cost me £123 with 1st class postage. thanks for the posting of this Granada m8

amd radeon hd 6450, quad core win 8, 4gb ram
PM
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
ok the gpu from above gives me 160fps looking forwards on a empty map and 220fps looking up at the sky on the same map. a vast improvement from the 10 fps I was getting looking forwards

evga GeForce gtx 750 ti boost2.0 2gb gddr5. win 8.1 quad core 4gb ram.
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
A bit late of course now you have bought it, almightyhood, and hopefully the card will easily keep up with Reloaded anyway, but the 760GT would have been a better bet. Seen it for just a few pence more than the card mentioned, and although the clock speeds are slower, the sheer number of Cuda cores etc would make it vastly faster. A quick search would find a PNY card for just over £150 which would be way better performance than the 750.

That's the sort of area I would be looking at, and indeed am on the odd occasion Not quite had the spare cash to go for it though. Still, I'm sure your card should perform better than my old 260GT, which I'm stuck with for the foreseeable future!

I would never go lower than a 060 card personally, even if I had to go down to a 660 (up in my case, but down from the age of a 750). New effects will be unavailable, but general grunt will always beat an 050 card for several generations in the norm. This is based on many, many years experience in the trade.

Don't get me wrong, the 750 will be a good card, but for the price difference I would have opted for the 60 version personally.

almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
well its to late now lol

anyways it works better than the old card so im happy, and with lee's performance gains for the next beta whenever that is should be good enough for me. but thanks for the insight im sure others will find it helpful when upgrading their cards if they do.

oh and as I forgot to mention it before in the other post. the fps I get is on the highest settings for everything with full shadows and reflections and the rest.

evga GeForce gtx 750 ti boost2.0 2gb gddr5. win 8.1 quad core 4gb ram.
PM
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: CSGO
Posted: 16th Mar 2014 21:15
Quote: " the sheer number of Cuda cores etc would make it vastly faster."
Super fast, but games don't use cuda, so no, he got a nice card regardless
TattieBoJangle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2014 21:48
This is one topic that confuses me as it would seem even if you have a crazy over powered cards for this type of thing you still get around the same fps like me for

example i get almost the same fps as most of you guys even with 2x Asus R9 Crossfire so who knows

PC SPECS: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit, Intel I7 4GHz CPU, Asus R9 3GB GPU, 32GB DDR3 MEM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2014 12:14 Edited at: 17th Mar 2014 12:23
Well, specification wise the 760GT would be roughly twice as fast as the 750GT. It has a 256 bit bus compared to 128 bit, many more GPU cores, the list goes on. In fact it is just a better card. The memory bandwidth alone would make it a faster card.

Geforce GTX 760 192256 MB/sec

GeForce GTX 750 Ti 86400 MB/sec

Still, as I said the 750 is a good card, and for £120 odd not a bad buy. It also uses a lot less power than a 760, so is a greener option! Not to mention not needing an expensive PSU to run it. The 760 card are min £150, and normally more like 170-180 so obviously are a bit more pricey.

Probably for pure performance an AMD card would be a better option, but I tend to avoid em. I've never owned one I was happy with in the past. Plus Blender needs Cuda to do realtime rendering and I would want that if I upgraded

I am torn at the moment whether to try to save for a 760, or buy my Brothers 580. The 580 is still faster than a 750 in all respects although the margins are slim in places. It would be vastly faster than what I have, but do I go for that power hungry card, or save for a slightly more efficient 760? Or do I try to save my energy bills by getting a 750, which will do the job and save lots more power? It's always a difficult decision when buying a new card, unless you are so loaded none of this concerns you! Price, power usage, performance all have to be considered. Don't do your homework, and you may get a shiny new card, fit it, and find the system just will not power, or the card is stuck in a low power setting. All because your PSU is not capable of powering it, meaning more cost, and waiting of course!

Anyway, that's my advice on video cards for the day lol. Hope it helps anyone considering an upgrade to consider all options

Edit

Quote: "This is one topic that confuses me as it would seem even if you have a crazy over powered cards for this type of thing you still get around the same fps like me for

example i get almost the same fps as most of you guys even with 2x Asus R9 Crossfire so who knows "

Well, once you go beyond a certain point there is no advantage to a faster card. Unless you up the resolution. It mostly makes a difference with High def and of course with 4K slowly coming in will make a huge difference with that. You would notice your faster cards still run at a good speed in higher res, but the slower cards would be falling away as you increase it. Fill rate is an important measure of a cards speed, and the more pixels you use the more relevant it is. So that is at least one of the reasons why

wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: CSGO
Posted: 17th Mar 2014 14:46
@DVader

I have a 570GTX, I am more than happy the only game I had to turn down settings was arma 3.However the 580GTX chews and spits out PSU's like no ones business, very hungry, power wise. 660 or 670 wouldn't be a bad idea, the are still pretty mu

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 18:19:29
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 18:19:29