Feature Creep / Turning terrain off for completely indoor levels/ specific areas of terrain

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2014 16:42
Im not sure if its been already mentioned or requested, but I think a good idea would be to have a toggle for terrain on/off for those who want to create levels which are entirely indoors and have no terrain in them.

Or possibly have the option to only limit the terrain to certain specific zones within the level, so we don't have terrain polys millions of miles outside of the map where they aren't going to be seen ever/ever explored by the player. Imagine like a rectangle select and wherever in the map you would like terrain you could add it in that area... Of course you would still be able to have terrain across the whole map as well, but I am just thinking in terms of performance optimization.

Just an idea I had floating around in my head, not sure how feasible it would be now to integrate but I just thought I would share it.

[/href]
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2014 21:58
This has been a request of mine since day one of Reloaded. Hopefully it comes around when the construction kit does.

I think we need to have some kind of display that tells us what "segment" height we are editing on. So that if there is no terrain at all we at least know how high or low are on the overall map.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 19:49:28
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 19:49:28