3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Uploading Procedure Clarification Wanted

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2014 06:33
The file naming and nesting is not at all clear to me. I received a PDF from Chris Bamber explaining it but the store seems to want another procedure altogether. It seems now that the store is claiming it cannot find the thumbnail in the root folder. I checked it 10 times. It is a .bmp, it is 64x64, and it is named "thumbnail" - oh yeah, it is in the root folder. Let me get this straight, please - from what sort of response I received from the store prompter, I put my model, my FPE, my 3 DDS textures and the thumbnail in a folder named "models" and zipped it up. I'm guessing this is wrong? Can someone explain to me very clearly exactly what the folders should be named and how should they be nested? I'm pulling my hair out on this!

All you need is love....so let me have your burger.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2014 07:01 Edited at: 12th Feb 2014 07:08
The thumbnails must now be 150x150 pixels in

size and jpg format.

Things have changed and you now upload thumbnails directly, they aren't stored in the zip anymore, it looks like your info is out of date, suggest you contact store admin.

The info you are using is for the Classic FPSC store, Reloaded store has a different requirement and uses a web url not the in built store module.

Don't sweat it too much as the store isn't even live as yet.
pianodavy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2014 12:26
Could you please tell me exactly who is the store admin and how would I contact them? Chris Bamber gave me the impression that all of this was going to be taken care of in the transaction we were corresponding in. It really disturbs me that an artist would be tossed into a quagmire of confusing old ways that don't even exist anymore - how can I feel confident now of the legitimacy of this program if the people in charge can't even distribute accurate protocol? I realize that mistakes are made during times of change, but does sorting out accurate instructions for new business associates need to be so complicated that there could be no other way to connect with potential contributing content distributors except for making the artist beg for the corrections of befuddled and outdated methods? That sure sounds welcoming, doesn't it? I'm not trying to sound harsh here, but the truth of the matter is, I'm very much feeling that the folks in the TGC administrative seats might simply not give a squat about the people keeping them afloat - I hope they prove it to me otherwise, because this is certainly no way to establish good relations with capitol providers.

All you need is love....so let me have your burger.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2014 16:19 Edited at: 12th Feb 2014 16:54
I understand your angst but the site page for the new Reloaded store is still under construction so I guess till actually fully functional and bug free they haven't been ready to fully open it up to users. I was asked to upload an item but reckon this was just a test to see how it's working and was working with the site designer not the store admin.

Why don't you e-mail Chris directly?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 09:33:33
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 09:33:33