Feature Creep / Few suggestions

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2014 17:18
Hi!

There were few game making softwares that passed my hands. I will write here few suggestions, that could make this software better.

1. Performance, performance and again performance. Very important thing if you want to create dynamic and detailed enviroment. I tried to place about 20 characters into map with few buildings and on my quad core with 8gb ddr3 ram, and geforce gtx 650 2gb i've had only about 13 fps on highest settings. UDK for example runs smooth on full detailed enviroment with many many entities.

And another thing is terrain size. Add an option to change terrain size. For example 128x128, 512x512, 1024x1024. And remove water from the editor.

For water i suggest to create water blocks, with an option to change their proportions, so they can fit anywhere.

I had problems with water, because I wanted level, where I start in hills and i couldnt create lake there..water blocks could help in such situations.

2. Add more commands for lua, so people can create different thigs(AI, Events...etc.)

3. I know RPG maker vx ace is something different than FPSC. But i liked event system. Easy to use and you could create there many interesting things. Dialogues, entity spawn and more...so, could you create something similiar but in 3d?

4. Construction kit, for example...udk has got very easy and powerfull construction kit. Why don't try making something similiar and improved?

5. Cutscene editor. This thing I really missed in FPSC. How can you create good game without creating a cutscene? Not in this century. Simple cutscenes make game more interesting and dynamic.

Also. Maybe few of you know game Operation Flashpoint: Cold war crisis. Does anyone tried mission editor there? It was soooo simple to create cutscenes,missions, synchronize things, ride cars, tanks and many many more things. Try to look at this editor and you can maybe use a thing or two in FPSC-R.

My suggestion is to look on those game making software i mentioned and rip off the best things from them, improve them to even better quality and put them into fpsc - R. Sry for my english
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 04:29:22
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 04:29:22