3rd Party Models/Media Chat / workflow to import models into FPSC reloaded

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi

I've notice from screenshots that people are using non FPSC models. Just wonder the workflow to import models.
PM
TazMan
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2014 11:07
As long as you save the models as .x all you have to do then is create a bitmap of the model, Enter all the correct details into an FPE (the name of the bitmap and the FPE must be the same if you want the correct bitmap to show for your model) and then copy these and any textures over to your entities folder either in a new folder or straight in.

Some people have been using an FPE creator the link to which is somewhere in the forum.

I've got something to say

----

It's better to burn out than fade away.
Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2014 11:15
There is a PDF called 'Importing models into FPS Creator Reloaded' in your reloaded directory C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\FPS Creator Reloaded\Docs which has all the info you need.

PM
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
I think the pdf is out of date now? as its Lua not fpi??

here is an example of a change that might be needed? but as im not 100% I could be wrong??

have fun stay safe

hood
PM
Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2014 13:59 Edited at: 27th Jan 2014 14:00
Good spot almightyhood ! you're correct

PM
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
thankyou finally my small brain is working and starting to understand a few things lol... I might be able to import a model from mixamo/blender now armed with this pdf I didn't even know about .

have fun stay safe

hood
PM
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
well I did my best but it didn't work as there was no normal textures available from mixamo sadly... and I was so hopeful lol but there we go I guess.. maybe modelling and stuff is just out of my reach until the character creator is put into reloaded...

have fun stay safe

hood
PM
fhalo
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks everyone for this.

I'll start reading the pdf, and look into the fpe creator
PM
fhalo
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, I'm also looking into using blender to create models. Maybe Wing 3D.

I just wonder what 3D software package to other people used?
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2014 03:22 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2014 03:27
I use quite a few different programs. In the past I mostly used Truespace 6.0 and Milkshape, along with Ultimate Unwrap for UV mapping, but now I also have started using Blender. It has quite the learning curve, and over the course of many years I have given up many times. These past few weeks, however, I have been watching some tutorials on YouTube and they have been extremely helpful. It's really not that difficult, it's just a lot of keyboard activity! I have also recently played around with Fragmotion and it seems alright. These programs are the most Dark Basic and FPSC/Reloaded friendly that I have found so far. I have also used Poser 4 5 and 6, Daz Studio 1, 2, 3, 4, and now 4.6, Dele3d, Anim8or, Hexagon, Bryce, gmax, and the list goes on and on. There are at least a few more, I just can't remember them all! I took a peek at Wings3D but not for long. I have never used 3dsMax as I don't believe in paying $3600 for something I can do for almost free! For textures, GIMP is free and does .dds better than Paint Shop Pro, also Photoshop should be very good (haven't upgraded since 7.0). The biggest problem I have found between the many program is file format compatibility. By compatibility I mean when one program exports in x/fbx/dae/ etc formats, it can change dramatically when imported into another program, or when exported for use in TGC applications. Beware!
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 00:17:28
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 00:17:28