Feature Creep / Construction Kit

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
The forthcoming Construction Kit feature we know little about in detail as with most that may yet be included.

I would like to make some comments about the Construction Kit for TGC consideration.

It is stated in the description to be capable of complex object "construction".

Not wishing to go too far I have some what might in theory be quite simple requests - perhaps :

1. Will this allow for curved (arc) shapes and include possible creation for roads and pavement construction sets and alike type objects. e.g. Rounded (not square) pavement corners, curved roads and matching meeting shapes, ramps (curved bumped roads. bridges) for uphil/downhill (probematical) road building.

I am not referring to building roads/paths and so on over hilly terrain but in flat areas so one can build say a city/town/village comprising of these things. A human shaped varied environment as opposed to naturally shaped land.

I have referred to downhill above as problematical as currently we cant really go downwards or you end up with the water plane visible so unless you build your city and roads in a raised area to start with you cant go downhill from the default flat areas and level we start building at currently or you end up in the water.

2. Allied to the above point will we be able to accommodate buildings with "Basements" for buildings or underground tube stations and alike without hitting the water plane? Again will we need to start building a City say at something above the current default flat level we have?

Yes I know there are potentially workarounds for all things, however they are just that and if one is having Internal features which I presume will be capable of creating "Engine Optimised" content as opposed to externally created content apart from the fact that internal is faster (in theory) and part of a smooth, streamlined pipeline (again in theory) it makes sense to consider things before hand that will help developers to use the tools to best advantage and at the end of the day make more and better games.

I understand this is all a complex subject and there are many, many considerations and potential individual features the Construction Kit could provide for much like any other.

I have thus just limited the points to two above that came to mind prominently which seemed to me to be worthy of some consideration. I am sure there will be a lot more feedback and requests for a lot of different Construction Kit mini features to provide variations to its flexibility and ability to "Construct" in a user helpful way.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 05:31:13
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 05:31:13