Product Chat / Limitation in Reloaded?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2014 18:33 Edited at: 18th Jan 2014 18:49
Finding the lack of semi-transparency in Reloaded to be very limiting, I am sure it was working fine in the first beta but since then it's been missing. I really thought this would be fixed by now.

This is really apparent with the new skyscroll feature and simply looks bad, not what you expect from Reloaded quality wise. I also notice an overlap of the cloud texture tiling, causing a seam as the clouds scroll over. This is not a fault with the texture itself..

Also when changing from one skyscroll to another the clouds texture isn't changed out till restarting the program.

Really enjoying the new first person editing of terrain and entity's, being able to paint and arrange in scene is far more intuitive.
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2014 18:58
Hi Rolfy,

Can you email me about this and send some screen shots. I'll then make sure it's dealt with in the next Beta.

Rick

Financial Director

TGC Team
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2014 19:04 Edited at: 18th Jan 2014 19:04
I took a closer look at it, it appears to have some semi transparency but it doesn't appear correctly, it may just be that I need to create a different kind of texture for Reloaded, willing to take it on that it may be at my end.

The seam however is something I cant fix, I will test out a different alpha texture version and see how it goes before mailing you Rick.
TattieBoJangle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2014 19:16
This is what i get with the sky a bar going right along it hope that helps :/

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
I have been looking more closely at it, it appears to be some weird layering of the clouds plane. I suspect the tiling is overlapping with more than two layers going on, it is very strange but I am sure Lee will fix it for the full beta.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2014 21:22 Edited at: 18th Jan 2014 21:52
Yep, this beta is having issues with transparency

Tree with transparency issue in beta 4.5

Same tree in beta 2

Stock leafy bush in beta 4.5

Stock leafy bush in beta 2

It's as though there is some kind of layering of the alpha channel and diffuse with multiple render passes being offset. You can see this in the first tree screenshot at top right of image. It may doing this with all textures and only noticed with transparency, which might explain the fps drop for many with this beta

Player speed in test level is way fast.
TattieBoJangle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2014 21:48
I agree the player speed is crazy for walking hold c and i would say that was normal walk speed when i go into my building all i do is bounce off the walls
HarryWever
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2014 22:03
Hi rolfy,

i posted also something simular in the bugs.

see video

PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-16 20:26:01
Your offset time is: 2024-09-16 20:26:01