Feature Creep / Customizable HUD + Map + Inventory + Minimap and more...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
-Customizable HUD

-Map + Minimap

-Inventory

-Quest Log + Map Waypoints

-On screen activated waypoint promps (text or in the form of an image file JPG/PNG and sound mp3/ogg etc.

-Option to place custom user graphics (such as graffiti, posters, bl
mfgcasa
Years of Service
User Offline
All of this can be done via coding in the other version as well as this. However the doom style your talking about is a corridor shooter, where you can only go one way.(most FPS's are like this) However the next gen will support all of these futures including open world e.g. skyrim, GTA.

RAM 8 GB

i7-4770k CPU 3.50 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
PM
Racing Brain Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey,

Yeah i know what you mean. It's just FPS games have come a long way from the corridor, go here....go there...kind of games and open world games/rpg style fps games are becoming more and more common.

I personally love open world first person games like Fallout 3, New Vegas, Borderlands, Skyrim, Oblivion etc and the above features would expand the customer base for this product as it opens up a whole new genre to create.

Plus the features above are all pretty much common place in any FPS game these days and I feel if these features cannot be implemented into the engine it will limit the overall feel of the game and make it feel a little less professional.

I've no doubt people will begin coding maps/minimaps and hud etc soon (get coding!!) but if the Game Creators are looking to build an engine that truly stands out and want to make an impact in the gaming world they need to consider these features as Unity pretty much does all of this and then some, the only thing that stops most people using Unity is the licence fee, doesnt come cheap!

Racing Brain Entertainment.

All or Nothing.
Vortigern
Years of Service
User Offline
At the end of the day, for this tool to lead to professional indie games, FPSC needs to be able to craft an immersive story/plot. To do this you need highly flexible eventing tools, a good variety of NPC behaviour options, good dialogue construction tools (to receive quest info, side quests, react to player dialogue choices or in-game behaviours, etc), a good cutscene editor, and a good way of keeping track of choices, decisions, actions, etc. It should also allow for player progression for real immersion (eg: experience points, achievement unlocks, skill trees, etc). The important thing is that these core needs are not left to scripting, but are integrated into the design interface somehow. If the final version lacks these story crafting tools, then FPSC will basically only be an FPS combat arena creator, which I don't think is what the majority of designers are really looking for. I have to say, I really do like what has been done so far and I have very high hopes for where FPSC is going.
PM
Takis76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2014 01:03
Yes I agree. Just pick up a weapon and hit anything that moves is VERY BORING.
CR4CK3T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2015 12:51
You look 4 that? it's in [DEV]

http://www.gameguru-hq.de/forum/script-vorstellungen/3-ger-eng-modern-hud#3

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 18:12:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 18:12:27