Feature Creep / Texture Editors(two ideas)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I Think there should be a decal editor and a model editor/texture editor.

Decal Editor:

Will allow the placement of 2d textures over models that do not move, such as walls. This will allow to break up repeating patterns and make a world feel more real. The Decal Editor will allow you to import a Decal, and change the size, opacity, and light levels of the decal shown.

Model editor/texture editor:

is where you can see your model with all of its textures and effect its properties and see what happens in Real Time. This will allow you set a scale for your model/change rotation and make sure all your textures work and if they effect your model in the way you want to "QUICKLY".(You can do this but it does take a long time)

An Alternative to this would be to add a form of reloading all the Assets in FPSReloader as currently the only way to do this is by restarting the program.

RAM 8 GB

i7-4770k CPU 3.50 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
PM
LVDee
Years of Service
User Offline
I thought about the texture editor, it will be much easier to set and adjust the texture since you can view the result in real time which is the same graphic that you can see in-game. It will all save us time in texturing. Maybe an application like crazybump.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 07:39:39
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 07:39:39