3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Animating a door - wood part and glass part

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2014 19:50
I'm new to FPSCR. I've used Unity in the past. So I've never made models for FPSCR before.

To make a door, window, cabinet, etc, I would create a wood or metal frame and then create the glass part with the alpha channel. So I'm not sure how to parent/child (wood/glass) so the two work together as one door when clicked on to animate.

If I animate them together in Blender and have two textures, does FPSCR accept that? Or do I somehow have to script the animation? Or like Unity, will FPSCR have it's own internal animation system for simple things?
PM
Uman
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Reloaded will have an internal system for doors, windows and everything else as with previous versions of FPSC. I am afraid it will be best if you wait for the default system to be added to Reloaded so that both animations and the script language for managing entity animations is put in place. When it is you will I am sure easily be able to see how it works as at the moment we don't know how it will do so.

Neither animations nor the scripts required to manage such things are yet integrated. Only AI enemy characters have that at present and even then its hard coded into the engine at the moment with no real user intervention possible.

When the Indoors/internal room/building system is integrated then these things will I imagine be part of that.

Currently I don't think we know when that is likely to get integrated though.

The feature vote page may give you some idea of priority for that though anything can happen yet.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-01 23:06:22
Your offset time is: 2024-05-01 23:06:22