3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Walls and floors from FPSC model packs

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2013 04:50 Edited at: 21st Dec 2013 08:20
Not sure if anyone can help me with this, but for some reason walls and floor models from the FPSC model packs do not appear in the entity library. Is this intentional? Is it because blob rooms aren't added yet or something? Just curious, because I finally had a free day to dive into level construction and hit a brick wall right out of the gate. Sure I can construct terrain and place some trees and garbage cans around and some pre-constructed buildings, but I couldn't do anything interior based.

Thanks your help ahead of time.

Working out of a 2 bedroom apartment towards video game glory!
The Rev
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2013 11:56
They will work but to be honest that's a lot of work to just be one after another like in the old fpsc your better off scaling to make it the length you want then add the texture be sure you put it in the entitybank and redo one of the fpe files with the x file name and the dds name also remember it will not the right height as the x files had 3 different heights in the old fpsc hope that helps
PM
MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2013 14:05
If you mean segments (the rooms that you build) in the segments folder then no, they aren't and probably won't be as TGC want to take room building in a new direction.

"I find your lack of grammar disturbing..."

Check out the [FPSC Reloaded FAQ]!
SuckerFree Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2013 20:49
So... basically unless I make my own wall segments or modify the wall segments that are included in the packs and make them static object entities rather than whatever they are when they are default. I can't make rooms. I guess I'm just going to wait for yet another version of reloaded to come out since 1.004 still doesn't have room support. I sincerely hope the mod is wrong here about it never supporting the included walls, it would kind of make the offering the packs and showing screen shot with said walls misleading. I was kind of hoping an amnesia style wall creation system where I can just plop down wall segments and they would auto-hug each other so no painful lining up process, ect. Ah well.

If I were to make wall segments and import them as a static objects is there anyway to make them snap together so I don't have to deal with the trail and error of lining them up? Or would I just be better off waiting for the constructor and blob room system to be implemented?

Working out of a 2 bedroom apartment towards video game glory!
Clyde Vasey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2013 00:02
Looking for guidance on how to utilize the upper floor of a premade building. In the new release, I chose a sandstone structure that had an open top floor. This seemed like an ideal place to put a soldier. However, after selecting the soldier entity, I found that the image of the soldier vanished when I passed over the building. I am sure there is an easy trick to placing something on top of an entity instead of inside it. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
PM
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2013 00:50
@SuckerFree Games,

Try to remember that you're using a beta for testing purposes only. Trying to actually make a game with this will be a huge exercise in futility. This engine probably will not use segments as the old one did, but I don't think that
PM
Clyde Vasey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2013 14:14
Brian,

Thanks for your reminder that we only have a beta version. It is hard to see all that is currently available and not get caught up with trying to complete a game. I appreciate your wisdom. The ENTER key placement did not work and I am not concerned as I was just playing with different options as I experimented with this new release.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 13:25:14
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 13:25:14