Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2013 14:11
Hello

I got some free tree from Tree Magik (InstaTrees) an when I load them up into fpscr they look fantastic but when I run the program they disappear. Any ideas anyone.

I am a complete newbie at 3D and I created some FPE files for them based on the ones for the trees loaded into the program but maybe I am missing something. I have put one of the FPE files in here for you to look at.

Regards

I've got something to say

----

It's better to burn out than fade away.
Green Gandalf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2013 18:56
You could try putting the correct texture image file name here:

And don't forget to delete the old .bin and .dbo files before restarting FPSCR.

Powered by Free Banners
TazMan
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2013 13:14 Edited at: 15th Dec 2013 14:58
Thanks for answering Green Gandalf, I know I could put the texture here but it comes with 2 .png files, I know that I could put them into 1 .dds but with me being completely new to the 3D stuff I do not know how to put the two together. I tried using the software you gave us but it wont work with these .x files.

I am really keen to learn if anyone can show me the correct way of doing these things it would be appreciated.

Regards

PS: To Green Gandalf, I would be realy interested in seeing the code for the program you wrote for converting the Tree Magik trees

Thanks

----

Green Gandalf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2013 23:07
If your trees are Tree Magik trees then my utility should work. You can email one plus textures to test if you like.

What were the symptoms and which option did you use?

Powered by Free Banners
TazMan
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2013 11:23
Hello Green Gandalf. As you requested I sent you 1 of the objects with its textures a couple of days ago, I was wondering if you had time to have a look at it.

Regards.

----

Green Gandalf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2013 14:28
Have you seen my two email replies? If not check your spam folder. I hope to have a closer look at it tomorrow as stated in my reply.

I might be able to fix it but it'll be a bit of a hack.