3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Flat Rock Kit WIP

Author
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I am presently working on some new rock models for reloaded. There are 13 models in various sizes and shapes. All of them are matched together as a set. I tried to make them sufficiently neutral in color to get the most use out of them. I will try to do multiple texture sets too if i can get the time. Anyway, what i have seen with most rock models available for FPSC are small round ones or special shaped rocks that can't be used more than a couple of times in a game. So I made the LARGE flat rocks. They stack on each other very well to make step type rocks. The following screens show the rocks in use. All models in the scene are custom except the stack tent. You just kinda rotate and stack them up them around water or on a hillside. I hope to have them completed by xmas. Let me know what you think. Are they neutral enough or do they need to be more grey/white ?
Spotaru
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Screenshot
Spotaru
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Another Screen
Spotaru
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry for the multiple posts. My imageshack account isn't working at the moment and I really wanted to show these screens. I will get them finished as soon as possible.
Spotaru
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Last one. A view from the editor to give you an idea of how the rocks are stacked.
MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2013 19:52
These look great and I like the colour as they are. I hope these become available when finished.

"I find your lack of grammar disturbing..."

Check out the [FPSC Reloaded FAQ]!
Spotaru
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, they will be available for free use to all as soon as I get done with the textures and normal maps. I haven't had alot of time to work on the rocks because I was busy creating the plant models just so I could create a good scene to show the rocks in. At the moment I am working on some new trees to replace the ugly temporary trees in the scene. Will get them done before xmas I hope.
Green Gandalf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2013 15:47
These look very good - ideal for creating pyramid style or ancient structures. As MadLad Designs says, the colours are fine. There's no reason why us users can't replace those with our own textures anyway.

Looking forward to using these.