Feature Creep / Destructible assets will be more realistic.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2013 12:21
All game engines have destructive things. Like Frostbite, Unreal and other. Please, to the developers of FPS Creator Reloaded, please add the destruction in order to make FPSC-R realistic!!!

Like these:

*The pictures are from their respective owners.
PM
JONOVID of OZ
Years of Service
User Offline
I take that's for Hi-end pro AAA development?

not for us amateurs.

B creative & have Fun.
mfgcasa
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes I agree that this would be a great idea for FPSC 15..... However what would be more likely/realistic would be an explosion editor allowing you to animate/scripted explosions, by a pre-build mesh. So for example a door blowing up would send out wood specs everywhere and perhaps half of it is still attached by a handle and it then swings. But I don't really see the point because you can already do this in any good animator free or paid....

I liked the avatar because she wants to eat you!!!
PM
Angst
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2013 07:01
Destructible light sources would be appreciated. (i.e. the ability to shoot out bulbs, fluorescent lights, etc.) It's such a small thing, however I miss it in games that don't support it. It takes the realism down a notch.
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2013 09:51
We will start to see more and more features like this in our models once we figure out how the scripting situation will be like for Reloaded. Since this would call for various animations, changes to the collision boundaries after destruction and the generating decals (smoke, dust, particle emissions).

All things possible in the future

Frieza
Years of Service
User Offline
Unreal Engine has a simple thing that cuts up objects to implement destructibility. You can move design the breakage of objects the way you want. This engine can simply do that if the programmers have the time to code the simple thing.

So this can be for Amateurs. You don't need to be pro to have destructible environments.

I will be very disappointed if they don't implement this in the feature.

Been playing Video Games since I was 3.
PM
Frieza
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "We will start to see more and more features like this in our models once we figure out how the scripting situation will be like for Reloaded. Since this would call for various animations, changes to the collision boundaries after destruction and the generating decals (smoke, dust, particle emissions).

"

You don't need any of that. All you need is simple physics. Animations are only for characters and weapons.

Environments don't need animations to collapse unless you want them to. You could see the simpleness in games such as Breach which you were able to shoot bricks out of the wall, one by one. Using Unreal Engine's simple destructible thing that I'm sure you can find on youtube or in UDK itself.

Sprites will come from the bullet impact which will show smoke and etc. Also scripting sprites to show smoke when building collapses on the ground to show the dust or whatever you want.

You're making it too complicated when actually it's a simple process.

Been playing Video Games since I was 3.
PM
J0linar
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2014 18:57
The base is already in the engine, i havent gotten a chance to get it tested properly but destruction/ dismemberment should be possible

by using the

scale and hide - limbs feature

now am sure it will involve alot scripting/lua but thats the way to go.

Why reinvent the wheel if its already spinning

http://j0linar.carbonmade.com/
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 06:58:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 06:58:27