Off Topic / Indie Games: The Movie

Author
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2013 22:03 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2013 22:05
Has anybody watched this. Quite interesting. It's basically a documentary of the Indie developers who created three different games and which were published in 2010. It follows them through all the pitfalls and hard work that they had gone through. Each game had two developers. This seems to be the minimum of developers who could get a commercial game out the door. The name of the games?

FEZ

Super Meatboy

Braid

All were created for the XBOX 360. The worst scenario for any developer almost came about with FEZ. It was started by two developers. One quit suddenly a little over half-way through development and he ended up being a stick in the cog of moving forward as he was not signing over rights to the other developer who did get a second one for help in finishing it up but it was difficult. On the very day -- the very day -- it was to be shown at PAX the agreement was not signed as yet by the stick in the mud which would have prevented him from setting up his little area. If he did anyway, then he ran the risk of a lawsuit. He set it up anyway.

Watch the movie to see what happens. Here's an awesome trailer:

Here is a link at youtube when I searched for IndieGames.

Again, I really enjoyed this movie and it brought to light a lot of things about game development when it comes down to just two people creating it.

When in doubt -- C4 :heh, heh, heh:

-Jamie Hyneman
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2013 08:18
Watched this a while ago. I thought it was really cool to see it. Never really got the hate on Phil Fish, to be honest.

Yes, I live in Wisconsin. No, I don't live on a farm.
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2013 15:00
I saw this a while ago too a good watch if you got the time, very interesting to see their stories.
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2014 06:04
I saw this film recently and loved it. In a way its inspiring and the fact that Phil Fish was able to complete FEZ without running away and taking all the vicious words from the net to heart, says a lot about his dedication for what he was making.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-18 05:47:18
Your offset time is: 2024-10-18 05:47:18