3rd Party Models/Media Chat / How to Properly Import FPSC Models into FPSCR

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi guys,

I'm just wondering how (if possible) to effectively transfer over models from FPSC to FPSC Reloaded. I'm mainly having an issue with weapons working, as they either don't show up or don't work properly. Anyone else have similar issues?
PM
airborne trooper
Years of Service
User Offline
I found with Model packs, using the Standalone mode installation option is for 3rd party engines which load up .X models individually without FPS Creator Scripting elements. It is in no way designed for FPS Creator Reloaded.

So I'm also a little confused on how you can import the packs correctly, it does seem a little odd to release a Beta package with this type of limitation.

KAS
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2013 06:36 Edited at: 22nd Dec 2013 06:37
Had a thought, but lost it. Sorry.

mfgcasa
Years of Service
User Offline
Try using the new one, there is a guide which explains how it works!! If you do the same for the FPSC models I don't see why they wont work.

RAM 8 GB

i7-4770k CPU 3.50 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2013 06:37
notice the two .txt files in the reloaded gun folders and try and duplicate that.

I have seen screen shots of custom weapons in this forum already, so it must be possible.

I have a few that can be tried, but maybe its not a ready feature yet.

The Rev
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2013 04:15
I added a weapon from fpsc to reload the x and texture went in gamecore guns and in it own folder then in the enitybank I copied an fpe in reload changed the textures and file names in it and copier from fpsc the bmp and put it in reload hope this helps
PM
Tomahawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2013 06:37
@The Rev: Can you please elaborate?

The Rev
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2013 21:04
1- I copied the whole file named file bazooka in the fps classic \FPS CREATOR\Files\gamecore\guns\ww2\Bazooka and pasted it in reload \Files\gamecore\guns\modern\

2- then copied bazooka_ammo.x and bazooka.x from the classic fps files\enitiybank\ to the reload \Files\gamecore\guns\modern\bazooka

3- then went back to the enitybank fold in the classic and copied the 2 bitmaps bazooka.bmp and bazooka_ammo.bmp to reloads \Files\entitybank\Weapons

4- then from reloads enitybank\weapons I copied one of the weapon fpe's and renamed it bazooka I'll attach the fpe file so you can see what I changed

then do the same for the ammo use an ammo fpe that should do it

NOTE I only tried it with the bazooka. So far the only thing that I can't get is the explosion when it hits something

have to see why but it does kill the bad guy

Also the animations works but if they change it to that new animation it won't work with out some kind converter
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2014 08:19
There is a folder called Doc in Reloaded that has PDF instructions on how to import models in to Reloaded.

Racing Brain Games
Years of Service
User Offline
I am having a nightmare importing old FPSC models into reloaded, despite following the provided PDF I shall perservere and keep trying until i get it right!!!

Racing Brain Entertainment

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 15:53:42
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 15:53:42