Feature Creep / Level jumping system that retains the levels last state

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry if this is a stupid question ... but I can't remember if this feature made it on the list or if this is something that only MIGHT come in at a later stage:

Level jumping system that retains the levels last state

With this simple but effective feature, you can create non-linear story-lines and expansive worlds to explore. All game states are preserved between level hops, meaning the pile of bodies you left lying around will still be there when you get back from your hop to Mars.

It's something that would be quite important for the kind of games I have in mind creating.

Thanks for any hint or info anyone can provide on this matter.
PM
MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2013 15:18
This is a must now we have a large terrain, it's not really feasible to create the entire game on one terrain. If you want the player to go into and out of caves / dungeons / underground railroads and come out again you can't really create a new 'terrain level' for everytime.

"I find your lack of grammar disturbing..."
Dunvel
Years of Service
User Offline
I hope for the same, yeah. Just want to make sure it's not planned to keep the "from Level 1 you have to go to Level 2 and then to Level 3" type of game flow that the original FPS Creator had. The option to move back and forth the different "levels" is what intrigued me the most about Reloaded (besides all the other great things it improves of course. ).
PM
Kilgore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2013 20:33
I was just thinking about this myself ... a definite must have IMO.

"It's power babe, power. I don't create it, I own it."
PM
Thurnok
Years of Service
User Offline
This would be an absolute and critical thing to have.

Think multiplayer - you are in one zone, and another player is in a different zone - what happens when you leave the zone and come back after another player was just in there?

Obviously each zone/level must retain previous states, or at least have the option.
PM
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm fairly sure this was on the original list of features, but things could well have changed, but yes, it's a vital feature if Reloaded is to have a future.

SC

Bringing you games since 1981!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 13:49:18
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 13:49:18