3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Custom Model Problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
When importing custom models into my game, the physical location seems to be out of alignment with the textural location. In other words, I can walk through walls of my buildings, and I'm bumping into walls where I don't see any. does anyone know why this is happening?
PM
BasCelik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2013 06:27
I'm no expert but I believe your collision map is not exporting properly. What format are you exporting in? I am not familiar with importing assets into FPSCR but I know from UDK that, that was something we ran into when importing the collision map from blender as an .fbx file. I'm sure this didn't help but may give you something to look into.
HarryWever
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2013 10:44
Hello,

I had have a similair problem.

In my case it had to do with scaling and the wrong export settings from the plugin.

Now i export my model to a obj. file bring it in milkshape. texture it and expport it in milkshape to a directx file. that works for 99 procent of my models.

There are still some models with that same problem, but the most are correct now.

Hope that helped a little bit for you.

Gr

Harry
PM
BasCelik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2013 16:53
Harry is probably correct on this being that FPSC:R uses only the .x format at this time. It definitely seems to be an export issue.
Dosedmonkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Anyone got experiences of exporting from fragmotion? My collision seems to be just one big box, around the outer extremities of the model, not on the edges of each section, so your not able to enter the models area at all.
PM
Kilgore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2013 15:34
Quote: "Anyone got experiences of exporting from fragmotion? My collision seems to be just one big box, around the outer extremities of the model, not on the edges of each section, so your not able to enter the models area at all. "

Have you tried setting the collision mode to 1 in the FPE? I believe that's the polygon detection option and it works for me.

"It's power babe, power. I don't create it, I own it."
PM
Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2013 16:31
Make sure you save your model X=0, Y=0, Z=0 position, delete .BIN and .DBO files and try again
PM
The Rev
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2013 18:18
I made this test box up in the deld program I made a hollow block then did a cgs subtraction it cuts a hole in the wall as well as the boundry box all the collision works and you can go in the room
PM
a3dartist
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: PUBG
Posted: 6th Dec 2013 10:29
Problems with white dot in editor FPSCR:

Okay, when ever I try to make a new model and try to import it in the FPSCR editor I get a white dot for a model. Why? If you see the screen shot I have the model loaded into A Directx model viewer and it shows up perfectly. My x file is made right, the fpe file is right, but when i load the new model from entity bank i get a white dot and no model. I can move it anywhere in my scene. and edit it by right clicking. But I don't know why it only shows me this dot! I built the model in blender for the .x file! Am I missing something here? Using the Beta 1.003 version. Is their a special way of importing custom made models? Any Help would be appreciated!

Jeramie Carrell
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2013 10:43 Edited at: 6th Dec 2013 10:51
You can get the white sphere when your model isn't present. the sphere is an old debug object from classic FPSC. Ensure your .fpe file is pointing to the correct object and close Reloaded then delete bin and dbo files after any change and before opening again.
Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2013 10:51 Edited at: 6th Dec 2013 10:54
Did you export .x file straight from Blender?

If you don't mind uploading your model, I can have a look at it for you?

/edit just noticed Rolfy has already replied
PM
a3dartist
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: PUBG
Posted: 6th Dec 2013 18:38
Ok, I figured out what the problem was I had =(model).x Instead of = Model.x. Thanks, @Rolfy, others who replied. I finally figured it out. Here is my screen shot now inside FPSCR.

Thanks. One Question though @Rolfy how to get the model to move up and down with the + - keys so I can stack them on top each other? do i have to set some settings in the fpe x=1 or Yrot=1 do you know what i mean! To get the model to move in FPSCR. Everything else is working but cant stack them in the editor?

Thanks!

Jeramie Carrell
Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2013 18:41
Page up / Page down keys not +-
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2013 18:44
Nice to see you worked it out ,also if you hold down the return key they shound stack (i think).

Dave

AMD Phenom(tm)IIx6 1090t Processor 3.20 GHS

8.00 GB memory Windows 7 64 bit

Nvida Geforce GTX 580
PM
Dosedmonkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2013 03:20 Edited at: 7th Dec 2013 03:41
Quote: "Have you tried setting the collision mode to 1 in the FPE? I believe that's the polygon detection option and it works for me.

"

I have exported with blender, then checked and sized it in Fragmotion, then exported it again. Not sure on what I'm doing wrong,

Centered it, still same problem, it uses the outer perimeters of the whole object, so you walk along the top height of the mooring posts on my quay/harbour.

Not sure what settings you are meant to choose when exporting from Fragmotion to be honest, could it be this.

Not sure what you mean by FPE
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 08:07:51
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 08:07:51