Feature Creep / FPS Creator Reloaded Editor Plugin System

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Now hear me out. Usually, in order to make a modification to FPS Creator Reloaded, you're required to take the source code, add in whatever you want, and than convert it into FPSC-Game.exe. (Well, I assume it might be different from this, but you get the point.)

But what if FPS Creator Reloaded came in with a Built in Plugin System?

Imagine this.

Adding in a Developer Console, adding in a new FPI command, or something else that everyone would like?

It'll give us the ability to install any sort of modifications, without the hassle of overwriting FPSC-R files.

Never again we'll need to overwrite FPS Creator Files, when we can just chuck in a small file, and voila, an additional feature!

Tell me what you think of this idea.
PM
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2013 12:56
It sounds like a good idea but not sure how easy this will be to do or if it is a priority feature for TGC.
PM
Jahnee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2013 03:30
Plug-in system would be great. Security is always a concern when you allow the use of user-made plug-ins. If they do decide to go that route, I would suggest a way of making them available through the TGC Store. Allowing plug-in makers to upload plug-ins to be checked by TGC. That is a lot of extra work though. So as always, with plug-ins, installer beware.

Only in the imagination, can the truth be found...
UltraVox
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2013 09:03
This is a great idea, but in addition to security issues, it does not come into being until the Reloaded directory architecture will not be finalized.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 04:14:10
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 04:14:10