Bug Reports / [STICKY] Please include description of the bug in the title of ALL bug reports

Author
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2013 08:31 Edited at: 10th Nov 2013 08:34
Hi,

As the title says, please, when reporting a bug, include a brief description of the problem in the thread title.

E.g. Character jumping slow.

Please do not use titles like, Odd bug, weird problem, etc.

This means when others want to post the same bug, or add additional information they won't have to search for the correct post, and won't be starting duplicate threads for the same problem.

This will be a great help for everyone and will go a long way to ensuring that bugs don't get missed.

Thanks,

SC

Bringing you games since 1981!
Green Gandalf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2013 12:05 Edited at: 10th Nov 2013 12:35
While you're at it, could you do something about this thread?

The Official Bug Report Thread

That thread seems to be inviting bugs to be posted on it (several have been) and causes confusion because you obviously don't get thread titles on bugs reported there.

Also, there's a problem viewing that thread. Every time I click on it [Edit Correction - I meant to say Newest Post] it tells me there are no posts, but if I click Previous it then takes me to page 1 (of 5 when in fact there are only 4 even now!!). I can then click Next to see pages 2, 3 and 4. Only happens on that thread.

Why not simply lock that thread (and ask The Next if they can sort it out)? Also that thread's title looks wrong - should it be Board rather than Thread?

Edit Here's another example of a broken link to that thread. It should link to our discussion of cycling through stacked entities.

http://fpscrforum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=93&b=6&msg=2474881#m2474881