Website/Forum Feedback / Pages missing?

Author
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2013 00:01 Edited at: 9th Nov 2013 00:01
Sometimes when a thread has more than one page going to the last page brings up a blank page. and the drop-down page number box has nothing in it.

See attached.

"I find your lack of grammar disturbing..."
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2013 00:17
This is because the other forums allowed users to rename themselves.

Unless a user comes forward and tells me what they changed their name too and what they are now their threads sit hidden as the system can't show them without a user to assign to.

The issue is easy to fix between apollo forums as they use the same user id's for all forums and other TGC services. But vanilla annoyingly used a custom user id with no link back to the old user id.

This is why you see blank pages because the system sees many more posts than it can really show.

The only way to fix this is to translate all the old user id numbers to the right ones.

This issue will remove itself slowly as threads die off or as people tell me the info I need. After a while I will assign all lost posts to an anonymous user so they can be searched and read but not edited.

Hope tat all makes sense, it is not a bug but a forum transfer issue I did not foresee.
PM
MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2013 00:40
Right, got you.

"I find your lack of grammar disturbing..."
Green Gandalf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2013 18:16
@The Next

Thanks for that explanation - it covers some complaints I'd had about a few threads here and there.