Feature Creep / Improved terrain brushes

Author
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2013 20:45
Hi guys. From what I've seen thus far, the terrain editor is great, with the exception of any real control over the size, and pressure if you will, of the terrain tools. With just a single click I dug a 6-8 ft hole in the ground. This is great for carving out large areas, But The lack of more precision will make it difficult to do the more subtle terrain editing around entities such as buildings.

Perhaps a slider that could adjust the width, and amount (from soft to hard on a scale from 0-100) of the tool, would greatly improve editing in small areas around objects. as well as the ability to fine tune certain terrain elements such as footpaths, etc.

As an example, try and carve a shallow footpath that runs over a hill. not so easy.

Anyway, that's my input at this point, Hope we can see such additions in the future.

Back from the Wasteland.
Jahnee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2013 03:50
I am still waiting for access to the engine, but if it lacks this option for the brushes, I truly agree it should be added. Most terrain editors have this.

Only in the imagination, can the truth be found...
shakyshawn8151
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2013 05:21
You can adjust the size of the brush. its either - and + or Page Up and Page Down

www.youtube.com/shakyshawn8151 <<- Check it, Exclusive Interviews with Lee and much much more!!
a3dartist
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: PUBG
Posted: 18th Nov 2013 07:12
Hi guys, here is what i would like to see in the up coming updates for future release. This is just my thought, a way to change brushes and a way to edit them in photoshop or gimp. It would be an easy way to paint all kinds of paths, rock faces and or paint all types of grass with a brush pull down like this.

Jeramie Carrell
Thurnok
Years of Service
User Offline
I believe the OP is trying to point out that it is difficult to create a consistent "relative" elevation change along a route. He provided a simple example - carving a shallow path (one that you would expect to happen naturally from repeated walking along in the real world) along disparate terrain such as a hilly area.

Right now you can use the "level" terrain sculpting tool to make a specific level as you drag along a path, but it does not "raise or lower" along the terrain you are dragging across - it stays at the level it was set at when "clicking" with the mouse.

Perhaps an additional tool could be added where you set an elevation differential (like 2 feet, or 10 feet, or any arbitrary level "difference") that could be used to paint across a map and it would raise (in the case of a positive number) or lower (in the case of a negative number) that amount of area along whatever path you drag across.

Essentially this would be a "groove carving" tool that carves a groove in the terrain of a specified depth - though also a "ridge carving" tool when using a positive number specifier.
PM
JONOVID of OZ
Years of Service
User Offline
can we have a (Batch editing tool) with the terrain editor's Paint brushes. to save time? with grass or small rocks. A tool that can automatically rotates grass or small rocks by a random axis from the horizon (stops the tiling effect) also adds to a random brush window that can set the max number or unit density of grass or small rocks. to be Painted on to the terrain. (stops a stacking effect) you must be able to go back & fix- add or remove individual units from the terrain. like remove an individual rock. turf of grass from say a footpath. or replace or move it. the idea of Batch Editing is to save time on big open terrains with thousands of individual units of the Same grass or small rocks. or maybe a forest of trees? is this technically possible?

B creative & have Fun.
spudnick
Years of Service
User Offline
I would like to have an option for changing the view so i can be more accurate in placing my models.

Also to have coordinates of where i'm placing models a when i write out my story board/map, i want to know where things are in the world and go straight to them for editing without wading through the map.
PM
Thurnok
Years of Service
User Offline
@spudnick: I remember Multiverse had that feature. I thought that was great to select a particular object instance from the database (of objects you placed in the world) and have it "jump" to that location on the terrain so you could see it while presumab
PM
Disturbing 13
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2013 08:19
How about different odd shapes of brushes instead of just round?

Model pack 66-99 high quality items...cheap!!

"Who loves ya baby!"

MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2013 12:21
I'd like to be able to create terrain like this.

"I find your lack of grammar disturbing..."

Check out the [FPSC Reloaded FAQ]!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 04:54:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 04:54:54