3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Models with new skeleton won't load in FPSCR

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2013 15:59
Hello

Trying to get a model into FPSCR with the skeleton I took from Masked Soldier and applied to my own model (hope that's ok) It displays properly in all my apps that can read .x but can not load into FPSCR. I click the model entity, go to place it in scene, FPSCR hangs a little then crashes. Weird thing is that it creates a proper .dbo file that I can open in fragmotion but it will not load in the engine. I have tried running the model through ultimate unwrap, fragmotion, milkshape, and action3d reducer, all without luck. I would try an exporter for Max 2014, but I only have a 36 month student license to that and can't use it for commercial work if I wish, so trying to avoid it for this. I tried exporting from blender in .x as well but no joy as the animations don't work correctly.

Here is the file if anyone cares to check it:

www.penguinfrog.com/wips/fpscr/frogboy.zip

If someone from TGC could even look at it would be super duper

Thanks.

P.S. The old models with the old fpsc skeleton I have work fine, but the animations are different.

FROGS!
Uman
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2013 16:30 Edited at: 7th Nov 2013 16:30
I have worked on a Reloaded Character in Fragmotion which seems fine but not tired exporting and importing to Reloaded yet so that wont work perhaps?

With classic characters can you not rename the animations frames of the model to match those of Reloaded? That is if you can actually see them and the frames are actually named?

I used to edit character models and import to engines in the past by renaming animation frames when they were different to those required by a particular engine (NON TGC) though I am not even sure that most modelling software actually allows you to see or change animation frame names. e.g walk, run and so on? I am not sure that MAX used for FPSC Characters applies or can apply frame names to animation sequences like that?

I used to use A6 and the A6 Med modeler to do the frame sequence renaming before export and conversion if necessary. A lot of work and hit and miss stuff all told but worked quite well especially for non boned models which are not very much seen or used these days.

Disturbing 13
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2013 03:33
I've gotten a character to work in reloaded with the new skeleton and animations. I exported it both from Milkshape and Framotion. Make sure your exporting it at 25 fps, format is binary, and I have exclude normals, and matrix keys checked. Not sure if all that is necessary but it works for me.

Model pack 66-99 high quality items...cheap!!

"Who loves ya baby!"

dennisb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2013 16:49
Ah tytytyty, I got it to work following Disturbing's advice, which did not work initially, until I deleted the LOD joints, which worked afterwards. So those settings plus deleting the LOD Joints in fragmotion seem to work fine

Thanks Uman, the animations for the new skeleton are very different than the old one, and I tried merging the new animation with the old skeletons which only works if the proportions are the same, otherwise it gets all messed up.

But it works Thanks so much guys. Wow, great times ahead.\

FROGS!
pianodavy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2013 09:27
Uh, how do you delete the LOD joints in fragmotion?

All you need is love....so let me have your burger.
dennisb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2013 14:49
In Fragmotion, on the top right box, select the skeleton tab, then find the joints labeled LOD_0, LOD_1, and LOD_2, select and hit delete key.

Update: My custom entities are now not displaying animation in FPSCR beta 2. Anyone else have this issue?

FROGS!
dennisb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2013 01:27
Update Again: Got the animations to show by applying character_basic.fx in the fpe. I don't know why it would have anything to do with the animation, but apparently it does. Here's the frog kicking some butt:

FROGS!
Dosedmonkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Great creation DennisB. any chance someone could make a full work flow video tutorial on how to make a character from scratch for reloaded? Really like to do so. Been modeling statics for years, but feel overwhelmed at attempting a character.
PM
Kilgore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2013 13:42 Edited at: 4th Dec 2013 13:43
I'm getting a strange 'limb not found' error when I try to import a custom character using the Masked Soldier skeleton with the LOD joints deleted. Weird. Anyone seen that before?

"It's power babe, power. I don't create it, I own it."
PM
lbarasc
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, i try to use the character model masked soldier.x builtin fpscr with the model of fpscreator classic aiko.x

how to use masked soldier.x animations and bones on an another character model withuout destroy animations ? i use fragmotion a little

thank you for your help !
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 04:49:02
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 04:49:02