Feature Creep / Easy import of custom media, scripting, and proper docs

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2013 19:29
Love the look of Reloaded, but I'm holding off until the custom media and custom scripts features are announced. Being able to customise at that level is essential for the product to be taken seriously, I think. It won't have much shelf life if the only option is stock, no matter how many packs are released.

Also, I'd like to see a cleaner, less fiddly way to import media than in FPSC.

Lastly, I got fed up with bits of documentation being spread everywhere as FPSC developed. There should be a central manual that's updated with every significant release. Perhaps also an official advanced handbook could be offered for sale separately. The Community Guides were superb for FPSC, but the product needs ALL the important info in a central document IMO.

Hope these things will come to pass and Reloaded goes on to be a serious tool for indie developers!
PM
Jahnee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2013 03:56
Agreed

Only in the imagination, can the truth be found...
Jackal
Years of Service
User Offline
Yup, thats what Im waiting on. Not worth making anything until i can import my own meshes etc. Drag and drop from a file or even your desktop would rock on custom content importing.

Ya' what that one said.....
PM
HeadClot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2013 05:15
I would like a Wiki or something to go along with FPSC:R or Some sort of online documentation that people can contribute to.
PM
dennisb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2013 13:38
a Wiki is a great idea, sorting through tidbits of info on forums and trial and error is a tough way to work. Would be great if we could all share our combined knowledge. Of course documentation is great but with a Wiki we could keep it up to date easily and have all sorts of software workflows. Great idea!

FROGS!
Kilgore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2013 13:31
Quote: "a Wiki is a great idea, sorting through tidbits of info on forums and trial and error is a tough way to work. Would be great if we could all share our combined knowledge. Of course documentation is great but with a Wiki we could keep it up to date easily and have all sorts of software workflows. Great idea!"

Yes, a Wiki would be an ideal solution to the docs issue!

"It's power babe, power. I don't create it, I own it."
PM
Thurnok
Years of Service
User Offline
I certainly hope a Wiki will be involved, as this is a great form of centralized documentation. I would also however, like an official document (probably PDF format is best) supported by TGC that is regularly updated and can be downloaded from the TGC and/or FPSCR websites. Sometimes I just prefer reading a printed document in my easy chair while slapping back a cold one - no computer necessary.
PM
MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2013 10:50
I'm compiling an FAQ over in the FAQ board. Take a look there.

"I find your lack of grammar disturbing..."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 16:28:25
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 16:28:25