Website/Forum Feedback / Lazy-Man Features

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm lazy. Where are my lazy-man features? Apollo forum software appears to be highly lacking in this area. All good forum software (SMF, phpBB, vBulletin, others) have them.

Where's my:

- link/button to view threads I started

- link/button to view my own posts

- link/button to view responses to posts I've made

- search for posts made by a specific member (including my own name)

there's more, but as I said, I'm lazy.
PM
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2013 22:24
Quote: "link/button to view threads I started"

Top right drop down box choose the "My threads" option.

Quote: "link/button to view my own posts"
&
Quote: "link/button to view responses to posts I've made"

This is not planned for the moment and probably won't be for a while more important features are on the list.

Quote: "search for posts made by a specific member"

Is in place but only works for myself at the moment as I am still developing hope to have this with the community soon.
PM
Thurnok
Years of Service
User Offline
Guess I missed the "My Threads" drop-down. :o)

Good to hear about the search for posts from a specific member coming down the road. This will at least alleviate the "view my own posts" so you can search for all the posts you posted in yourself that way as well.

If you don't have a way to view your own posts, and do not have topic subscriptions, hard to keep up with answers to topics you posted in yourself. Especially if a forum gets pretty busy.

Thanks for the update!
PM
Thurnok
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, now that the forum is getting heavily populated, I would like to point out that at least one of my requests is something I feel should be implemented sooner rather than later.

When I get on the forum, the first thing I like to do is read responses in threads where I have also posted. This is a pretty common thing on the vast majority of forums. Most of those forums also support "subscribing" to a thread so it sends an email when someone posts to a thread you have posted in, but I do not prefer that myself. My email is already overloaded and I prefer simply getting on a forum and selecting to view all the threads I myself have posted in.

I am pretty sure there has to be others out there that like to read the threads they have already posted in (not just the ones they started) so this seems like a logical thing to support. I realize it is something you mentioned was planned, but for later. I would simply like to request you move it up the schedule, as now it is literally a chore to find those threads when coming back to the forum a few days later.

I swear... I wouldn't complain about anything else for at least a couple months. LOL
PM
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2013 22:12 Edited at: 8th Dec 2013 22:12
It is in the works. I am currently merging the main TGC site code and the FPSCR site code so I can make updates at the same time before I do this.
PM
Thurnok
Years of Service
User Offline
Great to hear! Keep up the good work.
PM
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2014 14:00
Thurnok, you can already 'subsribe' to posts that you are involved in. Just make sure the 'Mailback' checkbox is checked.

Jay.

Thurnok
Years of Service
User Offline
@unfamillia: Sure, but I don't necessarily *want* to subscribe to every topic I'm involved in, but still want a way to refer back to something I may have posted in the past.

A subscribed post tends to indicate something I want to read/review all the
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 13:36:55
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 13:36:55