Website/Forum Feedback / New Forum Woes

Author
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2013 14:15 Edited at: 4th Nov 2013 14:24
I was starting to like these new forums until yesterday. 1St off how are you suppossd to be able to read it. (see attached screen) White and gold text on a white and gold background???????????????????? If this is a bug please fix it. If not, please fix it anyway.

2nd reason: I was forced many years ago to change my tgc account due to a no longer existing email associated with my account. After lots of trying and watching a friend of mine attempt to get his changed and failing, so I decided to just make a new account. I only used that account for purchases and used tha old account to post with. When the 1st kickstarter was going on, I needed to be able to post from an account that i could recieve emails from. (old email did not exist) so I registered the new account on the forum. Of course my original name was not available in the system so i changed it to "Spotaru 2"

When i registered for this new forum my name was available again so I used it. I strted posting here as Spotaru. Problem now is when I log in the system sees me as Spotaru 2 and it really bugs me. Is there anyway possible to get my name back? If you say just change it in your profile, I'll scream as that option does not work in this case, and did not exist as an option way back in the day.

EDIT: All looks good when i put browser in compatibility mode.

"IE 9" Win 7 64
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2013 14:37
That is a bug I will address that today can you please try doing a forced refresh Ctrl+F5 no one else has reported that in IE9.
PM
Spotaru
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
It shows a black background with white text for about 2 seconds and then returns to the previous look. when i do the ctrl+F5
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2013 15:02
I will look into this for you, it definitely isn't meant to look that way and doesn't on my IE9.
PM
Spotaru
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Not worried about the look. Works fine in compatability mode. See attached screen. I'm more worried about my name than the look of the pages. I can change the look, I can't change my name. Kinda dumb to be forced to post in your own thread with the wrong user name.My own prifile on this forum even says my name is Spotaru so WHY does the system think I'm Spotaru 2 ?
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2013 15:27
I will look into your name issue now.
PM
Spotaru
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2013 15:34 Edited at: 4th Nov 2013 15:37
Thank You

By the way I do like the new forums overall and can't wait until you get all the bugs ironed out. Looking forward to the future of Reloaded and the forums. Also if my name can't be fixed, It's ok I'm pretty easy to get along with and thanks for being so helpful. That is a rare quality nowadays.

EDIT: You ARE the MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My correct name suddenly showed up as i was typing this post.

Again.................THANK YOU !
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2013 15:46
You are very welcome I hope to iron out more bugs as I go keep the reports coming.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 11:16:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 11:16:08