Bug Reports / [ANNOUNCEMENT] Bug Report Template

Author
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2013 19:15 Edited at: 14th May 2014 00:44
When creating a bug report it would be a lot easier for TGC to get to the root of the problem quickly if you could provide the following information as fully as possible (Here's an example):

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CPU:- Intel Core i5 3330 @ 3.00GHz

RAM:- 8 Gb DDR3

GFX Card:- 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

FPSC-R Version:- Beta 1

Error Report:- When exiting out of a test game and coming back to the editor, the Player Start Marker is orientated in a completely random direction.

Is it repeatable? Yes

If so, how? Placing the Player Start Marker, testing the game, exiting the test game and coming back to the editor.

[screenshots / video of bug if possible]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: How do I get all my computer information?

A: There is a free program called 'Piriform Speccy' that will give you a complete specification of your machine, you can download it from http://www.piriform.com/speccy. I use it constantly and is what I use when creating bug reports.

Check out the [FPSC Reloaded FAQ]!

Also check out my YouTube Gaming Channel: /user/MadLadDesigns
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2013 18:34 Edited at: 5th Nov 2013 18:34
Sound advice Madlad.

Can I also remind everyone that it is often helpful to supply a DXDIAG following the instructions in the official bug reporting thread, and if applicable, a FPM showing the issue.

Thanks,

SC

Bringing you games since 1981!
Green Gandalf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2013 20:32
Quote: "Can I also remind everyone that it is often helpful to supply a DXDIAG "

On my system it wouldn't be helpful because DXDIAG only reports the Intel GFX card not the Nvidia one. This might apply to anyone using the so-called Nvidia Optimus system.

I haven't yet found a way to force or trick DXDIAG to report the existence of the superior Nvidia card.