Product Chat / Possible Feature: Entity Eraser

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2013 02:02
How about an entity eraser tool - size set with +/- like the terrain editor cursor.

- Useful if you want to quickly remove all those buildings you put down when you didn't notice spray was on

- or when you have a vastly populated terrain (forest, etc.) and you want to quickly run a path through.

- could be more efficient when removing entities than clicking on it then right clicking to remove - works fine for one, but gets tedious if many!

Anyone else's thoughts on this?<span id="_wysihtml5-undo" class="_wysihtml5-temp">
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
I be happy with an undo button that counts back 100 times lol but yeah something to remove or fix mistakes would be nice I agree m8
PM
Sparrowhawk
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2013 02:19
You could use if for more than just mistakes, would be a good tool for paths and stuff haha (Was trying to think of more original suggestion there...haha)

1:20AM I really should turn off the forums...

almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
yeah me 2 but im addicted to the place it seems lol, and the software nothing but fun to be had cannot wait for room blobs to experiment with next lol, though that's some time off I think
PM
Sparrowhawk
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2013 02:24
There seems to be so much more potential in Reloaded than Classic right from the start - which is great, I thought there might be a problem with lack of anything promising with first beta.

Also looking forward to room blobs, but as you say - may be a while yet.

I appear to be addicted to the forums too...

almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
I never did much with the original only played with the free version a little b4 this 1 came out, im loving it its just so simple..

the thing that I had trouble with was putting walls up and down stairways with it lol, and testing I would always fall down the gaps in the sides lmao, not very co-ordinated im afraid to say lol...

I would like to see a random map generator with % of trees used and mountains etc with perhaps a list of usable scenery items like trees and shrubs n stuff that be wonderful to save time
PM
Yurif74
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2013 10:06
i agree with both of you! and would be useful a rotete tool because pressing "r" key entities are rotated only by 45 degrees but the random function rotate entities by various angle. finally a button in the interface to show if random is activated or deactivated would be very useful

Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2013 12:37
Just so you guys know you can hold SHIFT+R to rotate an object smoothly.

Sparrowhawk
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2013 14:47
And keys 1 to 6 to rotate in x y and z  

Maybe you know that already, I just found out :p

Phoenix_Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Please add an eraser! Its very annoying to have to click on every entity and then right click to remove them, and even more so now that segments don't exist anymore.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-08 01:33:03
Your offset time is: 2024-09-08 01:33:03