Product Chat / Zigi's beta 1 impression and suggestions.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
This is only the first beta with basic features and some bugs. At this stage no point to mention any cons.

I had no high expectations, it is exactly what I expected but there is some things that worth to mention in my opinion.

As a first beta, it surprised me how stable and solid and how fast it can build a test game. The skyboxes and weapon shining is beautiful.

I also find very handy that we can shape and scale the zones. The terrain editor is nice and basic but it need more features to add more details.

Maybe it is planned anyway, but just in case I want to mentione it.

3D World Studio has the best terrain editor tool I have ever used, my personal favourite. I would recommend to devs to try to copy all it features.

I don't know what is the plan with the terrain itself, but just in case, I would suggest to add the possibility to remove the terrain from the scene and also to change it size and position. For example if I want to shoot some alien on a space station, I don't need terrain, I going to need an empty space with asteroids and ship wrecks around the station. But maybe on the station I would like to have a small "artificial environment" with terrain, grass, trees..etc this is where the size and position change of terrain can be handy. And also the possibility to use multiple small terrain in a scene.

I also would like to suggest to add the possibility to rotate entitis in all direction, on all axes (X,Y,Z).

That's all from me, all together this is a very nice start I'm happy with it and I look forward to beta 2
PM
Uman
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
"I don't know what is the plan with the terrain itself, but just in case, I would suggest to add the possibility to remove the terrain from the scene and also to change it size and position. For example if I want to shoot some alien on a space station, I don't need terrain, I going to need an empty space with asteroids and ship wrecks around the station. "

Very sensible request.

Lee Bamber
Years of Service
User Offline
My goal is focus lots of my hours on performance, and of course the occasional niggly bug that plagues the experience. The option of completely hiding the terrain is an interesting one, but I think we should only do that when we have the structure maker otherwise you would fall into infinity
PM
Uman
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes very sensible too. Can't I float on a rock?

Lee Bamber
Years of Service
User Offline
Technically yes, but I wonder what kind of crazy game that would make. Jumping from rock to rock in the middle of space
PM
Titantropo
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Diablo III
Posted: 31st Oct 2013 23:57 Edited at: 1st Nov 2013 00:00
I didn't fall to much. Only this height.
PM
Uman
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
"Technically yes, but I wonder what kind of crazy game that would make. Jumping from rock to rock in the middle of space"

A large Rock.

Only teasing

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-18 05:04:25
Your offset time is: 2024-10-18 05:04:25