Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / GameGuru Loader 4 AGK2.

Author
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2016 13:35 Edited at: 14th Jun 2017 11:48
GameGuru Loader.

Edit added: Simple game play system and extra AI.
The first step in making a GameGuru FPS level playable without any coding.

Order GameGuru Loader now!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/623270/AppGameKit__GameGuru_Loader/

New mobile friendly shaders added:

Allow you to load a GameGuru level into AppGameKit 2.

Why to allow you to use GameGuru to make 3D games for Mobiles / Mac / Linux. GameGuru can be used as a 3D world editor , terrain , object placement …

ALL the demo games that comes with GameGuru is now running at 60fps+ on my slow 1.4 ghz mac mini with a REALLY slow “ntel HD Graphics 5000” card.
http://www.futuremark.com/hardware/gpu/Intel+HD+Graphics+5000/review

The main reason for the speed, is the built in 100% automatic billboard system.

Recent changes: Been working more on the visuals.

Billboard: Smooth transition from billboard to normal object, sure you can change the distance parameters to gain a higher FPS ( mobile ) or putting the billboards further out so you never see the actual change between object and billboard.

Vegetation: up to 10000 objects per level. The vegetation position you paint in GameGuru is used. Have AppGameKit settings for things like VegatationSpreading , VegetationDistance, Vegetation Grid size. Vegetation is combined into single mesh depending on grid size, in this video there are 2357 vegetation objects combined to 87 single mesh vegetation objects. ( it use a grid so culling is still working ).

SkyBox: also have a moving sky option see video.
SkyBox: horizon color value is used so fog will fade to this color. ( no skybox corners, smooth transition into skybox ).

Objects: everything now has linear fog ( and fade to skybox ).

Terrain: Rock texture, is now calculated by the terrain normals ( like in GG ).

Better animations: Like butterflies will now fly around in the easter demo ( see easter game ).

So many changes so just watch the video

While i profile i still use the GG standard 2048x2048 textures so there is a huge FPS improvement if you change a setting in the code to use mobile friendly textures.

Edit added another video:

I spent tons of time on this, so at some point i plan to sell the complete source code used to display a GG level ( as is, support for what you see in the video ). This will allow you to use this as a start for your next 3D mobile game , With the new FBX import function in GG, you can import mobile friendly objects so you really get the speed needed for a great mobile game.

Im not sure what the price will be yet, but perhaps in the $29 - $39 range. Just think how mush time you save the next time you make any type of 3D game, quickly make a level in GG, load it into AppGameKit and your ready to work on the game play.

If your interested in the source code ( when/if done ), sent me a e-mail: plemsoft@plemsoft.com
and i will let you know when its available, i have no plans for any fancy web page or other ways of selling this so the e-mail will be the only way. You don’t have to purchase anything if you sent me a e-mail , i just let you know when its available. Write “GameGuru Loader 4 AGK2.” in the subject
best regards Preben Eriksen,
Stab in the Dark software
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Badges, I don't need no stinkin badges
Posted: 15th Apr 2016 15:38
Some very impressive work!
FYI AppGameKit has the same ragdoll physics as GG so it is very easy to recreate that as well.
I will post the code snippet here for the masked soldier model that creates the ragdoll.

Quote: " With the new FBX import function in GG, you can import mobile friendly objects so you really get the speed needed for a great mobile game."

Why is the FBX format more mobile friendly then other object formats?
The coffee is lovely dark and deep,and I have code to write before I sleep.
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
FBX not more friendly just a wider selection of mobile objects available , if you dont want to make the conversions of the models yourself

It would be great with a ragdoll sample , i do have some physics test code in this loader , but currently when it hit more then around 200+ objects it will crash, i guess it run out of memory ?, this is just by using Create3DPhysicsStaticBody on the objects. A normal level will have around 1500+ objects , so to get the physics to work i need some selective code so i dont hit the max. I guess that i could set physics on terrain and characters only , and then with ragdoll ...

Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2016 14:53
Just creating static objects should not cause it to crash because the physics solver is not bogged down by static objects.
It might be possible that it is running out of memory. The Bullet physics engine that powers the AppGameKit physics allocates memory
for every collision shape constructed. The Bullet physics engine allows the reuse of collision shapes to conserve memory. Unfortunately
Paul did not allow me to add commands for this to be possible in Tier 1. His position was that it would use very little memory and would confuse the
AGK users. He might have to reconsider. Do you get any information from the crash that might help me debug it? Could you show me an example
of how you are using the physics commands just in case it is something simple with the way the commands are being called? I am not sure if Lee
is reusing collision shapes in GG because I only supplied him with the ragdoll code and he implemented it in GG.

Quote: " I guess that i could set physics on terrain and characters only , and then with ragdoll ... "

You would need to create a static body for the terrain and all static objects if you want the ragdoll to collide with them.
Also the character controller will not collide with the objects unless they are static.

Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Been playing with physics this weekend.

if i use InstanceObject and Create3DPhysicsStaticBody it will crash with the following error:
No vertex position attribute found to build collision data in main.agc at line 517

if i use CloneObject and Create3DPhysicsStaticBody,SetObjectShapeStaticPolygon it will crash when it reach around 70+ objects.

To get it working with instance object i tried to use SaveObjectShape while preparing the media used ( will nearly always be less then 100 unique objects ) , and then use LoadObjectShape on the instance object , but when i try to use SaveObjectShape on the terrain it crash with no error. If it do not crash it will not save any .bcs files error:
SaveObjectShape: Error: Unable to open file to write in main.agc at line 529
If this did not work with instance objects i would simple have added a invisible plane and assigned the .bcs collision data to it, but it never saved any bcs data.

I think the only way to be able to use physics on a normal size level, the physics collision data should NOT be attached to a object, but be kept as separate data in the physics system, with the addition of 2 commands to set the collision data “position” , “rotation” and collision data to use, so your able to reuse the same collision data( only having unique col data ).

FYI:
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Added: basemap shader to generate a 2d flat terrain texture,select basemap size 512/1024/2048 ( real-time generated ) , so you can still use any rock,sand,grass,path textures.

On mobile you can select to only display a basemap texture with a detail texture, so its mush faster.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2016 22:43
Quote: "if i use InstanceObject and Create3DPhysicsStaticBody it will crash with the following error:
No vertex position attribute found to build collision data in main.agc at line 517"

Paul was supposed to fix that, you can not use the physics commands with instance or clone object.

If you call Create3DPhysicsStaticBody() you do not need to call SetObjectShapeStaticPolygon()
Create3DPhysicsStaticBody() creates a static polygon collision shape by default.
When calling SaveObjectShape() do not add the .bcs extension it does that automatically.

Blendman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2016 08:24
Very interesting tool !

Do you think you will add your "shadowmap" & "lightmap" tool ? (the one you have use in your previous demo ) ?

Have you think to sale it on the TGC site ?
I think you can sale tool (like model, images, texture...) : https://en.tgcstore.net/
AGK2 tier1 - http://www.dracaena-studio.com
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Blendman,

Yes the light shadow is there , but i dont find it very usefull on these huge levels , the detail in the shadow is just to low, see screen shots, and then there is animated / dynamic objects , with no dynamic shadow it just look wrong, but its there if you want to use it , you can define if you want to generate shadow light on animated objects. and yes like the old one your able to directly paint in the Light very easy. This one is a bit improved , it will scale in on the level , so if you have a small level it will get mush better shadow,light using the same texture size.

Attachments

Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
HTML5:

For testing, i made everything lowest settings. removed some of the 10mb characters, and used the basemap terrain shader, and removed light map and vegatation.

Gun is only there for testing.
The html5 version has some normal problems in the billboard section objects.
Html5 has some kind of jitter in movement, not mush but still.

I used “Get to the river” as this is a huge level, and i wanted to see what was possible with html 5.

Terrain is around 2.2 million polygons.
Objects used have around 2.7 million polygons , so its a 5 mil. polygon level.

Please be patience it do take a few seconds to generate everything

http://www.slungo.com/mobile/gghtml5/Terrain.html

Control is: WASD and the movement from AppGameKit terrain demo.
Keys: 1234567890 enable disable different stuff.
25 fps on my slow mac mini ( but its possible to have huge levels in html5 ).
Blendman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2016 12:10
Hi

I have tested and it works on my very very slow PC (I have 8 to 11 fps ^^).
But it could interesting to compare with an exe version (with the hight quality) to see what we can have as result .
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes there is a sync problem in html 5 that bring down the fps , i made a note in another thread about this. anyway i have compiled 2 versions for you:

NOTE: i removed vsync in these test so you can see the fps, but that also mean you will see some flickering.

Test lowest setting basemap shader , but with shadow/light.
www.plemsoft.com/ggtest1.zip

Test include splatmap terrain shader / vegetation / shadow light.
www.plemsoft.com/ggtest2.zip

This level use to mush memory to run on the old ipads, but on my iPad Air i get 60 fps everywhere.

ggtest1.zip my fps from the player start position:
Mac mini 1.4ghz: 73 fps.
iPad Air: 60 fps. ( iPad lock it to vsync, so must be more ).
Windows laptop: 164 fps.

Im sure you get 60 fps or more even on your very very slow pc

Please post fps, thanks.
Blendman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2016 13:47
Hi

I have tested.
ggtest2 :
at start, I have 17-20 fps, in general, I have 22-25 fps, in some place, with no not too much elements, I get 30-32 fps.

What is splatmap shader ?

Ggtest1
- Start : 25 fps, in general 25-35, The max was 45-50 fps (in place with not too much elements).

Yes, my PC is very slow ^^. I should test with another PC .

Do you use some normalmap/spec map, or other shaders like that ?
For example, on terrain, rocks, trees, house, it could be great to have those kind of shaders .

For the water, you could use the water shader from Janbo .

Do you use the new fog, skybox or lights in your scene ?

Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
A splatmap , let you “draw” on the terrain using different textures like grass,path,moss,rock. the splatmap is used to mix the different textures for smooth transitions.

The main purpose of this is to let you load in your GG level, and try to be as fast as possible so you can use GameGuru as a 3D world editor , terrain , object placement. there are no plans of any additional shader functions.

All shaders has variables for directional light/ light color, linear fog/fog color , fog distance. The shaders do not use any of the built in AppGameKit shader functions. For the best performance you should only use the builtin shadow/light system as it is mobile friendly, so you draw the light you need in your level in to the generated light map texture. If you want to use the AppGameKit built in shader functions you can always disable my shaders and use the builtin shaders instead with light/the new fog/skybox, but they do miss some functions like being able to invert light when a backface is displayed, if you use the billboard system this is needed to light billboard backfaces correctly.

Anyway you get all the source code and can do whatever you need

Current shaders included:
Splat map terrain shader.
Base map terrain shader.
Cull mode 0 shader with alpha mask.
Normal shader.
Animation shader.
Animation shader with alpha mask.

These are included in 2 version with and without shadow/light map. This also means that if you draw a light or use the shadow, this will reflect on all objects in the level including dynamic objects.

One more shader is included: A basemap shader that convert a 3D splatmap terrain into a flat 2d based basemap, that allow you to display the terrain textures using a single basemap texture ( great for mobiles ).

So my iPad is faster then your PC, wow

Attachments

Blendman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2016 14:23
Ah ok, I understand for the splatmap, it's great .

For the other shaders, that's cool too. For the normal Shader, I guess it's used on the rock ? I think you could tried to add a spec map in this shader to improve the rendering for rocks (or other elements like tree, house, ground...), Spec map are really usefull to improve the normalmap .

I think this tool could be use not only for mobile game, but even for PC games, so don't forget the PC users .

And yes, your Ipad is faster than my Pc ^^ (my samsung tablet is faster than my pc too), it's not easy to make game with this PC, but it's great for optimisation. If my game run smoothly on my pc, it should be ok on a lot of other PC and mobiles .

CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2016 20:59
Played GGTest2 and it is looking really good. A seriously huge map for testing, and it looks beautiful! You even have animated characters in there! Does this mean the GG loader for AGK2 is ready?
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2016 14:58 Edited at: 31st May 2016 19:27
Quote: "GG loader for AGK2 is ready?"

There is some bug in agk that i think need to be fixed first, also i wish for DDS texture support to make the process more easy.

New:
Added: you can now set objects to not cast shadows. ( incode list like “yellow coin” )
Added: Option to disable shadow on terrain, for better quality, and terrain shadow look a bit weird.
Added: Individual object .lua scripts are now recorded, so you can map a lua script to a AppGameKit function, like this ( a simple remove coins):
.. in the main loop ..

Sure you should do something fancy, like play a wav,let it fly away, count how many is missing … but its as simple as this

There are many .lua scripts mapped to objects in GG like health.lua/ai_soldier.lua/proximine.lua etc… but i guess you already know how GG works.

Screenshots:
I already collected some of the coins in this level using the function above , and did a simple lightmap test , the shadow texture is autogenerated and i just draw the light directly into the shadow texture to produce this, so you can see how light reflect on all objects.

Attachments

Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "so don't forget the PC users"

Added normal mapping to all objects and terrain , and added specular mapping with reflection of the light to all objects and terrain.
So highest setting is now all objects and terrain have: light shadow map / diffuse map / normal map / specular map / per pixel light.

Attachments

Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Specular reflection on terrain.

Attachments

Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Added setting to enable glass , there can be some depth problems depending on the placement of the glass objects , so your also able to disable glass.

Attachments

Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2016 12:52 Edited at: 10th Jun 2016 13:17
Scifi-Pack test: Normal , Specular , Reflection , Glass , Shadow …

This simple lua to AppGameKit code is used to open and close the door on this level:

FPS is around 100+ everywhere on my slow 1.4 ghz mac mini, screen recording bring down the FPS in the video:

CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2016 15:19
Looks fantastic. In fact, it looks ready for use in production! Do the new effects work on Android mobile?
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
Blendman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2016 19:18
Hi

Your last video and improvements are greats
For the normal and spec shaders, do you use :

To get the light and fog ?
You could set the intensity of the specular light (shininess) and the intensity of the normalmap too ?

Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Do the new effects work on Android mobile?"

The effects will work but the problem with mobile is memory, the scifi pack level has more then 90mb compressed unique media when you include all "normal textures" , "spec textures" .... so a level like this would never run on mobile using the best settings , but you can turn off settings until it will run. The best thing to do when designing for mobiles , is to use as few "unique" objects and texture as possible to limit the memory used ( everything use instanceobject so the number of objects dont really use more memory as everything is reused , but unique media counts... ).

I will do some test and see what is possible

Quote: "For the normal and spec shaders, do you use :"

No for all light the shadow/light map texture is used (and directional light), and the fog is linear so no. To get it to work on mobiles this is the fastest option.

Quote: " You could set the intensity of the specular light (shininess) and the intensity of the normalmap too ?"

Currently i have no shader constant for it ( from agk ) , but you can change both in the shaders directly

Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
New faster shaders done: TBN matrix calculation moved to vertex shader to make normal mapping, spec mapping mush faster and more mobile friendly, also it don’t require any glsl extensions (dFdx,dFdy), so it will work on any device. It nearly look the same as the per pixel TBN, so I’m thinking of only using these new faster shaders for everything.

Added more specular reflection to make it look more like GG.

Added normal mapping and specular reflection to the water shader.

All the screenshots here use the new shaders

Attachments

Blendman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2016 16:34
Great !

Where do you find your information about shaders and how to make it ?
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2016 15:40
Again, this looks amazing. Do you have a release date in mind? In a previous post, you suggested a price point of $29 to $39... I'd pay that now judging by the screen-shots and demos. Can't wait to have a play!
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Blendman: just the internet , sources for the info is included as comments in the shaders like normal mapping:
//source@ http://www.thetenthplanet.de/archives/1180

CJB: Sadly i have put this on hold ( until the next agk version ), as the CreateObjectFromObjectMesh is crashing. It is a needed function when using gg media, and it is the only way to extract the LOD objects, and if not used WILL nearly double the polygons, and make everything to slow and useless.

NEWS:
New shader pack now also work in HTML5, including normal/spec/light mapping. Also a agk setting to enable terrain distance improvement ( remove square look ) is added and used in this html5 sample.

Test scifi-pack in HTML5 , I’m getting 60 fps on my slow mac mini, looks like Paul fixed the HTML5 vsync problem

http://www.ubbx.com/mobile/test2/Terrain.html

PLEASE be patience its a 110mb level so it could take some time to load, also this sample has glass enabled and give some depth problems in some spots.

Blendman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2016 14:40
Hi

Your html5 sci-fi pack example is amazing.
I have 20 to 35 Fps on my very slow pc, which is really good .

With the spec map shader, it seems the specular light is "fixed"; so we don't see it like a real specular, but I gues it's the technic needed for mobile ?

Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Blendman,

Nothing is fixed, everything use a spec texture that define how mush each area of an objects should reflect light and what color to reflect. So you can have metal with a heavy shine reflection or rubber with nearly no shine, its all defined in the specular texture , so its all up to the artist

Attachments

CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2016 17:22
Quote: "Sadly i have put this on hold ( until the next agk version )"
Oh god no! Paul, PLEASE get the CreateObjectFromObjectMesh issue resolved and an updated AppGameKit posted ASAP! We can't put this amazing project on hold! Being able to load GG levels in AppGameKit is a MAHOOSIVE game changer... I'm still not sure if this in fact a big hoax! It's just TOO good to be true!

Can I buy an "early adopter" version now? I don't mind going back to v2.0.19 if it means I can use GG levels in AppGameKit! Haha!
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
Zigi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2016 19:54 Edited at: 16th Jul 2016 19:56
CJB wrote: "can I buy an "early adopter" version now?"

+1

Preben wrote: "Sadly i have put this on hold...There is some bug in agk that i think need to be fixed first, also i wish for DDS texture support to make the process more easy...the CreateObjectFromObjectMesh is crashing..."

It seems to me you are worry about things that is out of your control and can be fixed by anyone really since you are about to sell the source code (Tier1 code) if I'm correct. So why you just don't release the current version as "alpha"?
Probably there are better options but for example, you can use Google Drive for free to share it and give access only to specific persons / google accounts to download it and you could just simply upload the most stable version so people always have access to the latest version, the only thing is required is a google account which is free.

I'm worry about that seriously this project may never going to be released because you lose interest, you don't have time or you are perfectionist and you never going to be satisfied enough to release it but it already amazing what you have done and seems pretty usable.
mrradd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2016 21:44

Did anyone mention if this will be available for use in Tier 2 as well? Or is it something that preps the assets for you to use with AGK2? This would be really awesome to use!
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Im back from my vacation and are ready to start working on this again

No plans for tier 2 at the moment.

I can understand your impatience , but good stuff takes time Its not just the code, it need some documentation ( takes 4ever for me as english is my second lang. ) , and there are still copyright issues like the default graphics that are included with the source code like skybox,all terrain textures, vegetation, and some others i have slightly changed/modified to be ready for webgl / mobiles. So i can’t just release it in its current state. Also I’m still working on the shaders the largest of the shaders is running into problems on old mobiles and webgl, as you can ONLY have 32 shader variables you can use, so I’m doing some reuse of variables. the largest shader currently have 1 splatmap, 1 shadow light map, 4 normal maps, 4 diffuse maps with specularmaps baked into alpha, special uv for distance improvement, and a tons of settings like fog distance,fog color,shadow map zoom settings, directional light color, directional light position,camera position, and also need to transfer vertex TBN matrix from vs to ps. I need to work more on this.

I like everything to be able to run on any platform using any setting, so i don’t end up doing to mush support , not that you should expect to be able to run to large GG levels on old mobiles/tables that include everything like shadow,normal and specular textures, you will quickly run out of memory, remember if you include a diffuse,specular,normal to all objects the memory used is * 3 more then only using the diffuse, also if you use the billboard option you will have an additional billboard texture per unique object. But if you don’t use to many different objects and small textures it should be able to run on old mobiles and webgl using the highest settings.

My current options is to make a publishing deal with TGC (that allow me to include the graphics) or change all included graphics to my own or public domain
Cor
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2016 00:36
Great to hear that the development is continuing! I will for sure purchase this when its available! Any idea on a rough estimate / guess on a release date?
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Cor: i converted some of the media , and made a draft of the doc, so im nearly there

I attached the doc , is anyone able to follow it , something you dont understand ? , you will need to prepare the gg media before your able to use GG Loader anyway.

You can also learn more about how this works , and see some of the main settings that your able to combine and decide how your GG level will look.

Attachments

CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2016 17:38
I've had a quick scan through. The document looks perfectly readable to me. There are a few simple spelling / grammatical errors, but you get the message across nicely. If you like, I can run through it and annotate where changes are required (when I get a chance - won't be until the weekend).

You're doing a great job Preben. Can't wait to use this!
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks CJB i have attached the latest version here!

BTW: Have lots of updates , will post here soon.

Attachments

Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2016 12:31 Edited at: 24th Aug 2016 12:33
All included media has now been converted to my own or PD, it don’t look that good, but after you purchase GG Loader you can copy the textures/skybox/guns from GameGuru to GG Loader.

Some speed test videos, sorry about the video quality and my big fingers

GameGure level Camp Oasis running on iPad Air, using shadow/light map , normal mapping , specular texture maps on all objects and terrain. All textures has been reduced to 256x256. ( these settings use to mush memory to run on older devices ). Normal mapping and specular is only for iPhone5+ and iPad Air+ or similar devices. Also works in HTML5.

GameGure level from the sci-fi pack, running on iPad 2 and a 5 year old samsung 2 using Android, to fit in memory on these old devices i have set the terrain to use a basemap, terrain heightmap is really reduced so in places its not 100% correct, also i reduced all object textures to 128x128 , but it still looks ok . It is running 60 fps on iPad 2 nearly everywhere on this level ( its a good level it has distance between objects so the billboards can really do there job ). It is using the lowest GG Loader settings except you can still disable shadow/light mapping.

I have uploaded some screenshots of the new terrain textures and skybox , the gun is a MUST replace

Missing: new AppGameKit version that allow me to use the LOD stages in the objects , and reduce polygon count even more.

I will not work anymore on this before the new AppGameKit version is out, but if there are interest in a early version ( in its current state ) let me know and i will consider releasing a version now ( sure you will get the upgrade when available ). it don’t have mush documentation and are full of grammar mistakes, you can read the documentation in the post above, if you can follow that - your able to get your GameGuru level running now

Let me know.

Attachments

CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2016 13:19
Yes please
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
Cor
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2016 22:37 Edited at: 26th Aug 2016 02:04
Yes!!!!! any idea when i can buy this preben? *standing here with wallet at the ready*
DARKHALO2K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2016 07:18
I'd also be interested in purchasing this early. Fantastic work!
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
I sent out a few copies , and hope to get a little feedback , so i can fix whatever is needed before sending out the early version, please be patience im doing this as fast as im able to

I will let everyone that have sent me a e-mail: plemsoft@plemsoft.com , with the subject “GameGuru Loader 4 AGK2.” , know when and where the early version is available.

New: added "TIPS Getting your GameGuru level running on mobiles:" to the documentation ( attached here ).

Attachments

CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2016 19:44 Edited at: 27th Aug 2016 22:34
Thanks Preben! I'll give it a test tonight and let you know how I get on.

[EDIT] - I have just completed a quick test. I built a simple valley terrain in GG and followed your guide. Within around half an hour, I'm running about my GG terrain in AppGameKit! Haha!

I'll do a more thorough test next with some buildings etc.
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Early version is now available here: www.daily3d.com

Please read the complete product description before you purchase GG Loader.

If you need help with anything after you order just email me: plemsoft@plemsoft.com

Remember this is a early version ( some people have requested ), something might need to be fixed, something might not be described, but if you like to get started now this is the way , just email me if you have any questions. ( anything you have seen in the videos and screenshots will work. ).

There is a download area on the site, so after your order your able to download the latest version, also updates will be added when available so you can download the updates from the site.

The next GG Loader update will come shortly after the next AppGameKit release, i heard some rumour it will be soon , within this month, can’t wait

BTW: Decided to make a small site after all ( daily3d.com ), makes it mush easier for me to make updates.

Other people also had success getting it working , so now im not the only one using GameGuru to design 3D levels for AppGameKit
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2016 15:47
Thanks Preben. I just went onto daily3d and purchased through there. Keep up the great work!
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
Xaby
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2016 09:11
looks great
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2016 11:55 Edited at: 3rd Sep 2016 11:56
Thanks all

Just added support for animated decals. Need a little more work to support different speed on different objects , but all that ordered (Thanks for your support) can start to use the decals and i will make a upgrade on www.daily3d.com , tomorrow i hope

You can have touches , fire , smoke areas and many many more that are includes in the default GameGuru media ( or make you own decals ).
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2016 10:04
I don't know how feasible this would be, but do you think 3D heat-shimmer would be possible? I'm thinking you'd need a 3d particle system and some clever shader goodness to do it, so certainly not a simple task, but would add an element of realism to effects such as the fire example you gave above.
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
CJB: That would be desktop and high end mobiles only , i do have a plan to add dynamic light to desktop and high end mobiles, that will allow you to flash a light (yellow/red) and give the effect on the surrounding objects/terrain. think that would do it. ( coming ).

Added simple car physics , currently it only react on the terrain. To use it: Inside GameGuru add a car , when you have placed the car select “properties” and under “AI: Main” write “car.lua” and press “Apply Changes” , the car will then drive in a circle when you run the level in GG Loader. Perhaps someone could make a car with animated wheels and upload it to tgcstore.net, that would be great

Here is the new command you can use:

So its pretty simple to control the car using the movecar function.

You can download the latest version (ggloader101.zip) at www.daily3d.com , it include decals and the simple car physics.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 09:50:58
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 09:50:58