Third Party Tools / Heightmap 2 Gameguru v4.1

Author
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2020 17:48
All projects on hold till I know more about GameGuru Max.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro, Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2020 07:23 Edited at: 11th Feb 2020 07:23
Ok so after loads of reading and dare I say it pre-ordering gg max, this product will continue for gg classic.
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, C#, VB, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Three.js, Darkbasic Pro, Purebasic, others
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2020 09:27 Edited at: 11th Feb 2020 09:30
as of today , price will drop from £10 -> £7 (as Paypal charges a fee for money received-about £1 each time so I actually lose money). I have reflected this in the 1st post.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2020 06:51
I plan sending out v5.2 today, so if you have purchased recently, you will receive this version sometime today. If you have paid £10, you will receive a refund of £3 as I have lowered the price.

many thanks again for your support.

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2020 09:17
v5.2 now sent to all buyers.
Please let me know if you have issues.

If anyone is holding back purchasing because the program doesn't have a specific feature or there is something you don't like about the product, please shout , PM or email me as I won't know if you don't tell me.
thanks

Anyway, hope you like it so far.
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2020 09:29
BOR please do not refund me - I happy with what I paid already, in fact I would pay more for it.

OldFlak....
aka Reliquia
i7-4790 @ 3.2GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. M1: Acer 31.5" @1920x1080 M2: Samsung 31.5" @ 1920 x 1080. M3: Acer 24" @ 1920 x 1080. OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Insider.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2020 09:49
@OldFlak-are you sure? - thank you so much

Here is a mirror of what I put on first post about 5.2:

New features for v5.2:
-> added radio buttons for terrain export LOD 0-2 levels
-> added YT links to tutorial videos
-> added File->Exit menu option

updates/fixes:
-> FIXED: if convert to greyscale drop list selected and fuse 4 images, old image still gets processed.
-> FIXED: update app version
-> FIXED: fix issue where LOD level not specified correctly/consistently in export code
-> FIXED: change dummy object for export from sphere to a plane which was causing issue with # of verts correctly being stored.
-> FIXED-path not found issue line 1028 , gameguru mapbank heightmap_imports cannot be found error. User may need to check .ini file. I got this error due to me not having GG installed again on my laptop due to a fresh install being required.
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2020 11:37
BOR - yes I am sure

OldFlak....
aka Reliquia
i7-4790 @ 3.2GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. M1: Acer 31.5" @1920x1080 M2: Samsung 31.5" @ 1920 x 1080. M3: Acer 24" @ 1920 x 1080. OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Insider.
PM
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2020 13:37 Edited at: 12th Feb 2020 13:39
Hi BOTR's don't refund me either I am happy at what I paid,

just need a query answering, I tried to export terrain as dbo into media folder in new version but nothing shows up?
any ideas why nothing shows?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2020 13:48
Hmmm should save if you ran as admin. If you did, then I will see if I can reproduce. I noticed you have space in the filename. I'll try that and see if it still saves out ok.
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2020 14:19 Edited at: 12th Feb 2020 14:52
ok i figured it out ---- it only saves once you have selected were to save the file,
then you have to press process image again then it saves the .dbo file

exported it as dbo then into blender, scaled it down, we have a mesh to be played with.
played about with sculpt to test looks a workable mesh... very cool

Attachments

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2020 14:57
glad you got it sorted. does Blender import DBO or did you have to export it first from UU3D or Fragmo?

Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2020 15:09
saved as obj it in Heightmap then imported straight into blender 2.8 took some time to import like 4 mins
but it worked. just trying to import into fragmotion
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2020 15:55 Edited at: 12th Feb 2020 15:57
So Heightmap imports dbo? Not heard of that. I have obj export code but it's not active yet as doing a lot of experimentation
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2020 15:57 Edited at: 12th Feb 2020 16:08
no sorry blender imports dbo i have not tried to import dbo in to Heightmap

done test on fragmotion import too large 65535 so put back into blender added decimate 3 times
output not grate am afraid
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2020 16:08
Oh didn't know blender had a dbo plugin. I'll check it out.
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2020 16:10
LOL no Blender does not have a dbo import

Quote: "saved as obj it in Heightmap then imported straight into blender 2.8"
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2020 16:44
I used LOD2 for loading into FM, but UU3D is better. I will activate OBJ export in the app as soon as possible so no need for 3rd party 3d modelling packages to convert object.
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2020 17:12
I just exported a new map as .obj from Heightmap lod 2 imported into fragmotion but got weird map
layout maybe because you have not fully turned on .obj maybe?

Attachments

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2020 05:32
no nothing to do with OBJ, that code is actually external at the moment. the app just saves out to dbo. do you get the same results with another heightmap image or just that one? Are you able to send me the image your using, if not no worries.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2020 06:25 Edited at: 13th Feb 2020 06:26
yes, I can confirm this is a Fragmotion thing, all tiles show in UU3D but not in FM when importing DBO. I'll get OBJ format in soon, which shouldn't take too long, test it release as the next small update all going well.
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2020 10:45
Yeh it's fragmotion its fine in unrap 3D only issue is texture i have tried everyting in unrap 3d to apply a texture
to the obj file from blender and the texture will not apply for some reason. I will try find away to do it some how....

on another note have you seen this

did a test not bad quality models but way to big to import into fragmotion unless its a small section only

Attachments

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2020 11:44 Edited at: 13th Feb 2020 11:44
@Super Clark-No not seen Blender GIS, hmmm maybe will have a look if I get any time. I am writing OBJ code in between working and also I don't think the terrain object export holds any UV coords but will check to be sure. Maybe I need to dummy UV coords in using dummy/default texture image?
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2020 12:30
Quote: "Maybe I need to dummy UV coords in using dummy/default texture image?"

Might be an idea if it can accept a dummy texture so we can apply a proper one in
either Fragmotion or U3D
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2020 07:38
I'm on it, a bit of work to do my side
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2020 10:47
ok, now, the OBJ format export works brilliantly in my "outside of app" test code, it also allows me to change system handedness i.e. left to right and vice versa. I just gotta get it all working in the main app and rejig some code as it's all hard coded to work with dbo at the moment.
I will then also apply dummy texture code and see what the results are. here's to fun progging (in between real work coding).
more updates soon.
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2020 12:41
Ok m8 do it as your leisure no good pushing yeh self we can wait.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2020 07:11
My Obj format export code now in the app and works great. A bit more tweaking with the code so you can select dbo, obj and .x , also will texture model with a dummy image and see what happens in uu3d/ FM etc , hopefully should texture fine. Doing this on phone so will add pics later
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2020 09:56
a wee pic (LOD2) of terrain in OBJ format generated by tool code. gotta get it all textured.

Attachments

Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2020 17:53
Is there a specific texture type that can give results like your one?
I have played about with a few different maps from google and even used some
from Command & Conquer as tests but they
mostly come out long spikes. I have adjusted the settings I can get a better lower
form but they all mostly seem the same once tested in GG.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2020 18:30
I use .jpg and heightmaps generated from Perlin noise code. I'll be adding that next.
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2020 18:47
Ok m8 I will give them ago once you are done thanks...
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2020 09:20 Edited at: 16th Feb 2020 12:27
Here are 3 pics showing the terrain exported out as OBJ format (LOD2) and fully textured with the default terrain texture used in the app. I imported into UU3d , Autodesk and Fragmotion. An MTL file gets exported also. Comes out not fully correct in Fragmotion but really well in the others. I know which modelling packages to rely on here

I will do another video at some point focusing on terrain export and anything else I missed. This will also be added to the menu.
made an update to cull the dummy object which improved results in the modelling packages.

Also, if you are lucky enough to own Autodesk, it's very fast loading in LOD0 terrain objects.

Attachments

Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2020 12:23
Looking good m8 very nice work on the texture feature it was needed for sure, I spent
9 hours trying to texture the old version and got nowhere... so thank for this
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2020 13:13 Edited at: 17th Feb 2020 06:25
@all buyers-v5.3 now sent to your email addresses. OBJ / MTL export and culling fix + default texture applied to the terrain and auto copied to save area. Texture applied to both DBO and OBJ formats.

Many, many thanks for those that supported by purchasing.

No plans in the future to make any tools for GGMax.
benjiboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2020 07:11
Quote: " Added OBJ/MTL export and default texture copied directly over to OBJ/MTL area. fixed culling issue with dummy object. Loads in Autodesk/UU3D/Fragmotion directly-Autodesk is very fast for LOD0"

I wish I new what any of that means
Have bought in anyway BOTR
You can't teach an old dog.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2020 08:22
Many thanks Benjiboy

I have sent email with link and instructions

Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2020 13:47 Edited at: 17th Feb 2020 14:29
Thanks BOTR... 5 minutes of playtime got this in GG, only thing now is the texture in GG looks crap
looks like we might have to remap the whole mesh to get the results we need I will have a go later
see what results I get.

Attachments

PM
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2020 16:04
Ok had another play around scaled up mesh x10 over the grass texture in Urap_3D and exported as .x
imported into GG scaled height down this is the results...

Pic of Model in GG below - also map of grass up close - and Pic of grass covered terrain from a distance
looks tiled so need to maybe have a seamless texture maybe?

Attachments

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2020 17:27
@Super Clark : just wondered if you already knew that the actual terrain can be loaded using the .fpm the program generates under mapbank/heightmap_imports or whether you are intentially wanting to bring the exported terrain into GG separately? Is there a reason you want to bring in the terrain object into GG instead of using the .fpm? just wondering ?
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2020 17:55 Edited at: 17th Feb 2020 18:10
I was just wondering if it was possible as we can export the obj file and add textures maps
to create 4 separate terrains on one map fully textures with different texture and be able to
import the fully textured model in to GG without having to use the paint terrain options in GG.

The thing I am not sure on is would it be a violation of GG licence to create a terrain map in GG
save the map.fpm and offer that as a way of giving people the option of having pre created maps
they could use instead of trying to make one them selves. This would be with out any entity's
included of course, just the terrain ground structure layout.

If this option is NO would, it was possible we could create full terrain maps and either give
Free or sell in store? users struggle making good terrain maps so if it was possible for
someone else to create them then this would be a way for users like this to obtain
fully created maps they could simply import and use right away.

Here it a wild question on the coding side the BLANKGGMAP.fpm that is updated by Heightmap 2 Gameguru
would it be possible to create a fully painted map then save that map into mapbank , then would it be
possible to convert the saved map.fpm to a obj file or .x file or is that not possible ???
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2020 18:09
ah I see ,interesting options. I will look into your question further as that would be really good. My guess is that it can be done as the tool uses Blitzterrain and so does GameGuru which makes this tool possible, I can even modify the terrain in realtime which I have been playing around with.
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2020 18:14 Edited at: 17th Feb 2020 18:29
It's way to help maybe pull more people into using GG as I am guessing it would help a lot,
and users could have a pre made maps of terrain library to select from for better choice
me thinks,,,,,

Example... teletubby_land ...being able to offer maps but fully paint would be great

Attachments

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2020 19:51
yes it is possible, I will play around with some code and painting in real-time . Should be fun.
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2020 20:20
Great stuff looking forward to testing
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2020 10:31
all tools are undergoing major UI update using IMGUI.
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2020 15:45
Quote: "all tools are undergoing major UI update using IMGUI."
Whooo hooo!!!!
AMD Phenom x4 9850 2.70 Ghz , 6 Gb ram, 2GB EVGA Geforce GTX 750, Win 10 x64 Passmark score: 3091

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2020 12:07 Edited at: 19th Mar 2020 12:07
during this difficult time around the globe, found some time to look into the IMGUI library and using VS2019 to implement into into a test environment project. All compiles ok, next step is to actually get some gadgets working on screen (the demo stuff works just fine), it's a little tricky in areas, but I'm having fun. Also been playing around with cameras and viewports.

Attachments

Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2020 14:47
Looking good BOTR's m8
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2020 12:48 Edited at: 21st Mar 2020 12:48
this is probably more impressive than the previous example so will use this as a basis for IMgui / DX11 / shader implementation.
fun times with IMGUI.

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 21:41:44
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 21:41:44