Product Chat / PublicPreview Build Released

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2019 17:44
@ Preben
Nice try Preben, keep up!

Quote: "Anyway im moving in a few hours so not sure when i have internet again ?"

Does not matter, we can move with you (TransportToIfUsed(e))
Just kidding mate.
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
cpu mark: 10396.6
2d graphics mark: 947.9
3d graphics mark: 8310.9
memory mark 2584.8
Disk mark: 1146.3
Passmark rating: 3662.4

PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
good luck with the move Preben
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
lordjulian
Years of Service
User Offline
I have been having some major stability issues. I have posted in the emergency fix thread.
Julian - increasingly disillusioned and jaded
PM
Len the man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2019 01:35 Edited at: 1st Oct 2019 01:49
Beta-Test report :
GG Public Preview 30th Sept. 2019

1 Light mapping - It's defunct and none of it worked right. When you go into the test game and push the tab button 2 times to do light mapping, whatever you change, cannot be saved. If you save it, then close out the GG editor and then reboot it, and open the map again, it comes up as if none of the changes were ever made.

This includes all visual settings, world settings, quality settings, and camera settings. So I can't change any of the sliders, such as ambient light, surface light, fog, terrain texture, or the type of vegetation I want to paint onto the terrain.

2 The terrain painting seems to be glitchy also. When I click on some textures to paint, it paints that texture on the edge while the middle is painted something else. Such as, the sand I clicked on is visible on the edges of the area I painted, but the center of the painted area is some sort of grass and dirt mixture. [I can supply a picture to illustrate this glitch].

I did eventually somewhat resolve this by replacing my custom sand texture with one of the textures near the top of the selection box.

3 The global specular seems to be set at an extremely high default setting which makes everything have a shiny glow, which includes entities, and terrain. It looks like everything is made of shiny polished metal, or glossy plastic. [I can supply a picture to illustrate this glitch].

4 I also saw a glitch that I saw in version 1.14 from January of 2017, which is that all the buttons at the top of the editor were off in odd places. [I can supply a picture to illustrate this glitch].

5 My FPS started at 15 and eventually went up to 23 when I got to a flat terrain with no entities around me. I only have a 1 GB graphics card which is likely to blame (since GG should now have a 2 GB card for DX-11).

6 The AI seems to be set to an extremely high degree of aggression and the enemy AI rate of fire is too quick and too accurate. The AI fire rate needs to be set slower and with a few missed shots.

7 On a lighter note, I did find that the memory flush works well. I made a basic 9 level game which did seem to function all the way through all the levels. Each level had 6 enemy NPCs with AI, some health power-ups, ammo boxes, entities for custom HUD's, and some static entities such as rocks, Lafettes hills, a cactus, and some invisible walls. I found that it did save the amount of bullets and the number of health points from one level to another also. I played through a few times and never saw any glitches or crashes.

My specs:

Windows 7
Intel Core i3-2120 CPU 3.30 GHz
RAM 8 GB
System: 64-bit
Video: Nvidia GeForce GT 710 - 1 GB

I wish you folks all the best.
PM
Leo Lee
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a lot of duplicated assets on my map and only a few ones have batched. How can I batch the textures?
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 14:07:17
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 14:07:17