Product Chat / Weird issue with settings.fx, apbr_core & water_basic

Author
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2018 05:40
hi guys,

I have the issue that no matter what I edit, it doesn't affect anything.

commented back in the specular camera = no effect
changed water color = no effect

Also, the PBR seems to be quite toned down.

Any ideas?
"I am a road map, I will lead and you will follow, I will teach and you will learn, when you leave my sprint planning you will be weapons, focused and full of JIRA tickets, Hot Rod rocket development gods of precision and strength, terrorizing across the repository and hunting for github submits."
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
You need to recompile the shaders so edit setup.ini and set "forceloadtestgameshaders=1" , then when you load your level the shaders is recompiled
Subscribe and checkout great GameGuru/AGK video's here: Videos click here
Latest GameGuru Loader news: News click here
Get GameGuru Loader PBR version here: Steam click here
best regards Preben Eriksen,
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2018 08:34
Is that only instand-alone?

in test game, this also has no effect whatsoever.

see screenshot.

"I am a road map, I will lead and you will follow, I will teach and you will learn, when you leave my sprint planning you will be weapons, focused and full of JIRA tickets, Hot Rod rocket development gods of precision and strength, terrorizing across the repository and hunting for github submits."

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2018 08:35
Water is edited to be dark red, Spec cam is on (in the shaders)
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
When you make a change to a shader you need to use: forceloadtestgameshaders=1
This is not only in standalone but also when you use the editor
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
FYI: you can also set the water color using Lua without doing any shader changes.
use:
SetShaderVariable(0,"WaterCol", 120.0/256.0 ,1.0/256.0 , 1.0/256.0, 0)

This should give you a dark red water color
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2018 08:55
Preben, I have "forceloadtestgameshaders=1" in the setup.ini

It doesn`t do anything.
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Ertlov: weird ? , you do edit "water_basic.fx" and NOT "entity_water.fx" ?
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2018 09:00
Haha yes.

And not only that, no matter whaqt I change in settings.fx - it seems to have np effect, too.

Even really obvious stuff loke cartoon does not kick in.
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2018 09:20
ok, a reboot of the PC has helped a little bit, at least I got the pixelate effects to run. But still everythign looks liek a key component is missing.
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2018 09:38 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2018 09:44
The Z fighting is still in (on the latest Beta from today), and somehow I miss the spec punch on the wall and my bridge (which I repainted with PBR maps)

See screenshot.

Attachments

Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2018 10:10
Don't get me wrong, I can crank out really beautiful and performant scenes now, but the spec and shinyness is kinda missing, also not sure if the gloss (roughness) maps are calculated properly in...

...but the water rocks now ^^

Attachments

Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Ertlov: i still only have all the latest changes on my local branch , i will submit it Monday so it should be in a release after that

Yes spec and shininess is controlled by the metallic and gloss textures, perhaps you have inverted the gloss (roughness) , try playing around with inverting your gloss and metallic, but hey wood should not shine
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2018 11:57
na, but the rock behind should reflect
cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 23rd Jun 2018 12:19
I've noticed water_basic.fx does not recompile some times with forceloadtestgameshaders=1

Deleting water_basic.blob forces a recompile though.

Cheers.
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2018 13:44
Ok, i am not crazy (well, perhaps I am, but not in that case).

See screenshot. It's not only my wall (look at the normal mapping!!), it's also the same with the previously REALLY shiny official PBR assets.

The shine has gone!

Even if I crank Global spec up to 100, only the blue cover gets some small white pixels.

Attachments

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 23rd Jun 2018 13:47
Not sure if you know, but the _gloss texture in gameguru is not a gloss texture, it's a roughness texture named _gloss.
[img]belidos3d.swgrp.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/blogo.png[/img]
Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2018 13:48
Haha, yes, I know, but thanks ^^

As shown above, it's the same with the official very shiny PBR assets (the wheelbarrow and the potty usualy glimmer quite well)
GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 23rd Jun 2018 13:56
Hi Ertlov can you put one of the Preview Orbs on the map one of the really shiny ones and let us see what that looks like, if you press F11 in game twice then press the number keys 1 -5 we should see the individual maps it may give a clue to what is happening
Welcome to the real world!
Main PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-7700K @4.2GHz - 32GB DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1060-6G 6GB - 1TB NVe SSD
Test PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - G4400 @3.3GHz - 16GB DDR3 RAM - GeForce GTX 950 2GB - 500GB SSD
Laptop - Helios 300 Predator - i7 7700HQ - 32GB - Nvidia GTX1060 6GB - 525GB M2 - 500 SSD - 17.3" IPS LED Panel - Windows 10 Pro x64
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2018 14:10
Done.
here the same - It's far less speccy than usual, the plastic almost unnoticable.

Attachments

GraPhiX
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 23rd Jun 2018 14:18
this is what I see

Welcome to the real world!
Main PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - Core i7-7700K @4.2GHz - 32GB DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1060-6G 6GB - 1TB NVe SSD
Test PC - Windows 10 Pro x64 - G4400 @3.3GHz - 16GB DDR3 RAM - GeForce GTX 950 2GB - 500GB SSD
Laptop - Helios 300 Predator - i7 7700HQ - 32GB - Nvidia GTX1060 6GB - 525GB M2 - 500 SSD - 17.3" IPS LED Panel - Windows 10 Pro x64
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Strange ? , your global specular is 100 ( check your tab tab settings ) ? , if nothing works try to delete ALL *.blob and see if anything is recompiling (you can always validate later on steam) ?

Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2018 15:10
Spec/shine was way blown out before and I much prefer the latest beta. Now it's possible to get a more full range instead of only using the low end of the spectrum to avoid eye-bleed territory... I really hope that the improvements I'm seeing locally isn't a fluke.
Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3, Intel Core i7 2600K (passmark 8555), 16GB Corsair DDR3, EVGA GTX 970 SC (passmark 8637), Win10 Pro 64-bit, Primary monitor @ 1920x1080, secondary monitor @ 1280x1024
Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Errant AI:
https://github.com/TheGameCreators/GameGuruRepo/issues/2
I expect this is you, anyway i have real PBR dynamic lighting with cook torrance specular reflections going on my local branch ( looks so great on the guns) , and i will submit this Monday for the next release, this will enable you to make those really great looking scenes, but yes we still improve PBR all the time. And this is all huss huss as i dont post all the new stuff before Monday

Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2018 15:48
Thanks for the info, Preben. That was from quite a while ago but yes, from email exchange with Lee when I had no idea what was going on and not really an issue anymore. The spec/saturation is still kind of crazy strong on non-metal mattes and especially when standing in dynamic shadow. I've also had difficulty with dark semi-gloss plastics (looking like a black void or wet with no achievable middleground unless using a lot of pixel space and roughening the surface via normal mapping) but those seem better as of recent updates. Overall, I really like the gradual improvements PBR has been making since then and look forward to whatever you improve going forward.
Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3, Intel Core i7 2600K (passmark 8555), 16GB Corsair DDR3, EVGA GTX 970 SC (passmark 8637), Win10 Pro 64-bit, Primary monitor @ 1920x1080, secondary monitor @ 1280x1024
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2018 11:24
Jesus Christ.

I have it.

Saved roughness map inverted as gloss, and the specular map to metalness, and now ot looks good.

But the PBR barrells are currently really not shiny, not even those that were once.

Preben
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I have it.

Saved roughness map inverted as gloss, and the specular map to metalness, and now ot looks good."

Great news

Quote: "commented back in the specular camera = no effect"

Ups my bad , the SPECULARCAMERA was never added to the PBR shaders just added it for next release
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2018 11:58
Quote: "Ups my bad , the SPECULARCAMERA was never added to the PBR shaders "

At least I know I am not dreaming ^^

Quote: "Ups my bad , the SPECULARCAMERA was never added to the PBR shaders "

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-01 05:34:17
Your offset time is: 2024-05-01 05:34:17