Free Models and Media / Free PBR textures for games

Author
Reviewed GameGuru on Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2017 09:26 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2017 01:56
Here's one that may help some people. It's on renderosity and it's licensed for commercial use. PBR textures meant for games. These guys make some nice ones and this is a free set. You need a free renderosity account to download their free stuff. There's a section specifically for game stuff and merchant resources too. Just be sure if you go looking through their free 3d models, you pay attention to the rights associated with each one. Some are non commercial only. This set is obviously, as stated, commercial use/has an extended license, etc.
Click Here For The Link

isource has a site too with a bunch of free textures. They range from 1080x1080 to 4000+ with smaller 512 versions available for most if you need it. There are a lot of free ones, though it is a site that sells textures too. Just need to sign up for a free account to download the free ones. No cost is associated with that. I confirmed it.
Here's the link.

(Update) Also, If you didn't know about it, you can check out textures.com
They have a lot of good stuff and you can download a bunch of free ones per day. Plus they have a different free premium texture every day on the main page.
Read a Free Preview of my new Zombie Apocalypse Thriller, Requiem for Humanity (Last Days: Book One)
AMD FX8350, 8-CORE @ 4.34ghz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 750 Ti, WINDOWS 10

Attachments

Login to view attachments
warlock12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2017 18:07
Thanks for the information!!! Big hug!!!
The game is a serious thing (El juego es una cosa seria)
Sulman
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: OUT DOOR GAMES
Posted: 1st Mar 2017 18:41
Thank you...
i7, NV960 2GB, 32GB memory, 2x 2TB Hybrid, Win 7. Perception Neuron mocap...
UndeadJoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2017 02:43
Quote: "Thanks for the information!!! Big hug!!!"

Quote: "Thank you..."

NP, warlock12 and Sulman. If you didn't know about it, you can also check out textures.com
They have a lot of good stuff and you can download a bunch of free ones per day. Plus they have a different free premium texture every day on the main page.
Read a Free Preview of my new Zombie Apocalypse Thriller, Requiem for Humanity (Last Days: Book One)
warlock12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2017 13:51
Joe ... if that place I know it, it is more since when it was cgtextures.com ... Maybe it would be good that in the forum everyone put the sites they know and a brief description for those who just begin in this and for those who Always some website we do not know ... Ah! Congratulations on the production of books ... when you do the Spanish version I will read them !!! A big hug!!!
The game is a serious thing (El juego es una cosa seria)
UndeadJoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2017 01:54
Quote: "Maybe it would be good that in the forum everyone put the sites they know and a brief description for those who just begin in this and for those who Always some website we do not know"

You may want to mention that to a mod, Warlock. Maybe it could be a section for useful free resources. They may be able to either pin it for easy finding or make it a different category.

Quote: "Congratulations on the production of books ... when you do the Spanish version I will read them !!! A big hug!!!"

Thanks. I will let you know if I can manage that at some point.
grobyken
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2017 10:14
Thanks Undeadjoe (great name).
OldFlak
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2017 12:53 Edited at: 19th May 2017 11:35
@UndeadJoe Thanks man, can never have too many textures!

maxTextures is another good site.

Not a huge amount up there but all free for non-commercial and commercial use, attribution is not required, but they ask kindly for it if your project relies heavily on their textures.

Personally I like to give attribution for any sources I use, required or not. But since it is not mandatorily required, you have the peace of mind that if you somehow miss an attribution you won't get burnt for it.

Reliquia....
aka OldFlak
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 @ 3,60GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 750. Acer 24" Monitors x 2 @ 1920 x 1080. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
PM
UndeadJoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2017 04:05
Thanks GrobyKen
Thanks, Reliquia. I think I've seen that one linked on here before, by you or someone else.
Attribution is Always good. Even if not required. It's someone's hard work, and if you don't post it, people are likely to think you did it yourself, so for me I figure I don't want to be seen as taking credit for someone else's hard work.
Read a free sample from book one of my zombie apocalypse series

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 15:10:04
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 15:10:04