Bug Reports / Path Not Found: \TerrainBank followed by runtime error. Anyone else getting this?

Author
Reviewed GameGuru on Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2016 10:46 Edited at: 28th Apr 2016 10:56
I tried multiple times. Nothing changed that I did since when it was working a couple of days ago. I figured that someone may suggest verifying files, so I did that twice. The first time it DID find some things missing and re-downloaded them. The second time, of course, it passed. Still, I get the same error.

P.S. Can a Mod add the Runtime Error: 8003 () to the title, so the full error msg is listed? I meant to, sorry.
Read a Free Preview of my new Zombie Apocalypse Thriller, Requiem for Humanity (Last Days: Book One)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks like an installation problem .... Have you installed to another drive ?
Runtime error 8003 is "PATHCANNOTBEFOUND" so its not finding the folders
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
UndeadJoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2016 15:55 Edited at: 28th Apr 2016 15:56
Quote: "Looks like an installation problem .... Have you installed to another drive ?
Runtime error 8003 is "PATHCANNOTBEFOUND" so its not finding the folders"

No. I just used it a couple of days ago. It's been on the same drive since I installed it.
Read a Free Preview of my new Zombie Apocalypse Thriller, Requiem for Humanity (Last Days: Book One)
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2016 16:32
Reinstall.
AMD Phenom x4 9850 2.58 Ghz , 6 gb ram, 2GB EVGA Geforce GTX 750, Win 10 x64

PM
UndeadJoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2016 01:31
Seems to be something that I downloaded, causing an issue.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. Every time I put the downloaded content back in the directories, when I reload the program, I get the same error. Installed with just the official DLC, it's all good. Obviously most of the stuff I downloaded is fine, but there's no way of telling which thing is causing the problem without going through it all one by one and trying it. I may do that tomorrow, because I have like 20 gigs of downloaded content and want to be able to use it. Just don't want to sit here all night doing that tonight. Thanks for the help guys.
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
The first place to start is with custom terrains as that's the part it's trying to load when it fails
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
UndeadJoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2016 04:27
Oddly enough, there was a single skybox, of all things. If it was there I got the error. If it was not, I didn't. But, I figured the same thing. That's the first think I tried. I'm back up and running now though. The help and suggestions are very much appreciated.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 13:26:15
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 13:26:15