Third Party Tools / Weapon Welder 1.0

Author
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2016 08:21 Edited at: 30th Sep 2016 07:59
Weapon Welder converts FPSC weapons to GameGuru. It checks the gunspec.txt file and does a few rule checks and modifies where needed. Creates necessary directories/copies over files required in GameGuru. Currently adding code to allow ammo/weapon as pickup entities.

*** Version 1.6.3 - ideas for this version already planned, see page 4 post ***
*** Version 1.6.2 released 29Sep2016 - loads of fixes and some updates - see post/video on page 4 for full list ***
*** Version 1.6.2 to be released in the near future with some more fixes, additions e.g. fpscX9/X10 "hud_icon.dds" -> GG "icon.png" and resized+other
*** Version 1.6.1 released - various fixes, more stable version ***
*** Version 1.6 now released - weapon and ammo pickups feature added ***
*** Current release version 1.4 -> Weapon HUD selector added ***

Currently free with SegAutoWelder, but can get it here if you wish to donate (minimum of £5, approx $7). At the moment there is no demo version.

http://paypal.me/michaelfowler
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; 12GB.
FPSC to GameGuru Tools: SegAutoWelder, Entity+Weapon Welder

Attachments

Login to view attachments
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
go michel go..

make weapon welder cool like segment welder..

PC Specs:

Q9550@3,8GHZ - 8GB RAM - SVGA R9 280 3GB GDDR5 - HDD WD 1500TB
PM
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2016 10:11 Edited at: 30th Mar 2016 10:25
Excellent little tool indeed, so far I have done ww2 & Sci-Fi weapons, with a little tweeking.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/QFdGBya9tJk

Great software one to defo buy.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2016 10:35
@JC LEON/Super Clark- thanks for your comments

@Super Clark- with the sci fi weapon where it's coming out black when you fire, this might be because of the same problem I had with smokedecal = parameter or smoke= parameter. e.g. if smokedecal = smoke4, if smoke4 folder doesn;t exist in GameGuru or FPSC I just changed it to a GameGuru existing one e.g. Smoke1, so gunspec.txt would read smokedecal = smoke1. If it's not that, it might be muzzleflash, but find that seems to work pretty well in most cases.

best wishes
Mike (BOTR)
Professional Programmer: Languages- SAS (Statistical Analysis Software) , C++, SQL, PL-SQL, JavaScript, HTML, Darkbasic Pro (still love this language), Purebasic, others
Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; LG TFT monitor (widescreen). Wanting a new PC at some point.
Interests: Drumming, Saxophone, Art, Theatre, Music.
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2016 17:02
yeh, I forgot to swop that in the gunspec.txt done nowworks fine.
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2016 17:19
Nice addition. Great Job.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2016 22:56
Thanks Pirate Myke.

Version 1.1 now released and sent to all Welder tool purchasers. 1.2 should see ammo/weapons as pickups. Loads more to come, time permitting

Hardware: Dell Precision 490; AMD Radeon HD 7570; LG TFT monitor (widescreen). Wanting a new PC at some point.
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks mike.. i trying it and seems to work fine but I noticed that

1- weapons default horizontal FOV is too near to the camera ..basically weapons are attached to the main camera...
2- ironsight dowsnt work
3- automatic reload for weapons seems to isnt functional

hope it helps...

many thanks..
PC Specs:

PM
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2016 02:20
Great BOTR, got it. Checking it out now
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2016 04:12
Weird, I decided to try the latest version so i backed up the weapons I already done. they are fine, but all new weapons textures
are just SILVER all over when you launch GG but are showing fine the editor window before launching GG? any idea why

see images of - scifi minigun and tavor

Attachments

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2016 07:09
thanks for the feedback guys I'll look into the issue you're having-especially silver textures, that's very strange, I'll do some tests.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2016 07:17
@Super Clark-OMG I get the same silver textures too, what have I done? I'll check current code against last version as added a lot of new updates. If you need to revert to the 1st version, it might be better to use that for now. sorry guys, I tested the 1.1 on TF341 weapons and they were fine, thnk I will need to start testing more random weapons prior to release. My bad as they say
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2016 07:51
For the silver textures issue, it seems the scifi weapons work in GameGuru with the original effect (.FX) file. I changed the effect = parameter back to the original gunspec in FPSC. See pic. Works ok, although I'm baffled as I'm sure it worked originally with the GG default weapon_basic.fx effect file. Maybe correcting all the additional parameters in the new version has had an affect on this but not sure, all very strange.
You will need to make sure (although I'll get the tool to do this), to copy over the effect file from FPSC->GG.

Attachments

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2016 08:44 Edited at: 31st Mar 2016 09:01
After toning down the scfi tavor texture and changing the effect= back to original FPSC .FX file, comes out correctly. The zoom does not cover the whole screen like it does in FPSC, but works ok. The tool defaults the effect to effect = effectbank\weapon_basic.fx. I may have to rethink that. May need to prompt the user with a weapon type selector as currently have no way of knowing what is being imported, this will also help with assigning the correct HUD panel also. What about a prompt to give the user choice of crosshairs as the default one is a bit well...boring ?

I will look into the other issues: ironsight (although this is the default GG white cross on the screen, but you can copy over any of the crosshairs from the crosshair folder as long as they are named crosshair); reload issue (i noticed this too maybe GG uses different param names?); FOV issue (this would mean adjusting value(s) i nthe gunspec I'm guessing). As there are a lot of parameters and factors etc, it will take time to get all this right. It's very experimental and getting the basics right is key to all this I think. Would be great to have some proper GameGuru Weapon parameter documentation, I only have the FPSC docs. Yes, I also am not great in documentation too, a programmer's nightmare ha

Attachments

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2016 09:48 Edited at: 31st Mar 2016 10:29
wanted to test the scifi minigun but don't seem to have that unless it not in scifi folder but somewhere else, ho hum

Do you guys want to be able to modify parameter values from a menu prior to export? Just a thought
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes.. can con figure parametri before export would be very handly
PC Specs:

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2016 12:27
Cool-I'll add a front-end with modifiable params....
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2016 13:31
BOTR, I seem to be getting an error when first selecting a "gunspec.txt" file. "runtime error 118-array does not exsit & out of bounds at line 360"
I'll download it again just in case.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2016 13:43 Edited at: 31st Mar 2016 13:51
@ncmako, thanks for reporting-which weapon was this just so I can see what caused the error? It's not you it's the program as it holds directory info in array. thanks again Mike

[update-I found what is what and fixed-but please let me know which weapon caused error as this will help]
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2016 14:11 Edited at: 31st Mar 2016 14:22
BOTR - so far it seems any weapons gunspec I choose.
Downloaded a fresh copy, deleted "Weapon Welders" settings file
and started fresh. Same problem (error 118)
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2016 14:18
@ncmako, ok -I've made an update and works ok on my PC-hope this will correct the issue your having. Usual question did you run as admin, just in case?

Is anyone else having same issue as I'm not getting this problem-but please let me know if you do-fix should resolve but you never know , thanks all
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
No problem here
PC Specs:

PM
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2016 15:12
@Bored of the Rings, this is very strange, I went back to the original build and it does it with that too now.
so I deleted the InI file restarted PC ran the original set up again and it still doing it only silver textures.

was up till 6am trying to figure it out. so I just copied the original gamespec.txt file from classic to GG and
textures show up correctly but gun settings are off as it the sniper decal but that is an easy fix.

I will try again today with the original set up clean install again will let you know what I get.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2016 15:29
@Super Clark-not sure if you saw thread https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/215094?page=1#msg2545502 . I also found a mistake in my program which has been corrected.
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2016 15:38
Ok mate, when will you be releasing the updated version as i don't want to go through the set up twice again?
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2016 15:55
@Super Clark-sometime after work all being well.
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2016 16:07
Great stuff Thanks.
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2016 22:44
v1.2 now released, link sent to emails. no major feature updates yet, just urgent fixes. tested various weapons that use different effect .FX files. There are 2 or 3 that are compatible with GameGuru that I have found so far, any others are changed for the weapon_basic.fx file. Effects folders/files now copied over and reverted a mistake in code. Issue with code that creates the gamecore\gun\<weapon dirs> folders/files now replaced with the improved code used for folder creation.

hope this version is better than the last
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2016 00:36
Thank you for the update so fast BOTR's. But same/another problems persists. I cleaned out temp & previous
weapon_welder files. Running with admin rights. My OS is win7-64.
I don't seem to be having problems with Segment Welder at the moment.
Attached pics showing error's. First pic showing weapon_welders.ini settings.
It seems to be correct? (yes/no)? The pic showing error 118 was from V1.1
V1.2 now shows an error of 8003.
No rush, lets wait and see if anyone else has this problem

Attachments

Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2016 01:36
@ncmako, no mate that is wrong ini setting.

This is right root dir setup
defrootdir=C:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators\FPS Creator\Files
[GG settings]
defrootdir=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Game Guru\Files

delete the weapon_welder bat set up file ini and re-run set up all will be good then.
PM
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2016 01:55
Thank You Super Clark That was it, all working correctly now!
It's always something simple like this. Cheers.

BOTR, sorry for the mistake on my part. Weapon Welder looks and works great!
best
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2016 07:25
@Super Clark- thanks for your help with ncmako's issue.
@ncmako - sorry, I also should have put same error trapping code I used for Welder tool for the config file setup. I shall update tool to do that.

Glad it seems to be working ok so far. Because of incompatibilities with the effects files between FPSC and GameGuru, you may have to play around with these, some of the FPSC ones work and some don't. The GameGuru basic .fx files are effectbank\reloaded\weapon_basic.fx and effectbank\reloaded\weapon_bone.fx. If the FPSC one doesn't work use one of the two formerly mentioned and vice versa if the the GameGuru ones don't work, use the default FPSC one and if that don't work, you will need to experiment.

For now and for those who aren't familiar with the GUNSPEC.txt (until I do some more code) for weapon HUD panel, add this to the gunspec.txt

; GUN HUD (0-colt,1-magnum,2-uzi,3-shotgun,4-rifle,5-rpg,6-grenade,7-bow,8-mace,9-stone,10-sword)
statuspanelcode = 10

Let me know if you have any more issues. I think the basics are getting there, need to concentrate on adding GUI for listing parameters that can be modified, user prompt to asking which weapon type is being imported, ammo/weapon as pickups + other stuff that escapes me at the moment

loads to do.
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2016 16:28 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2016 16:30
Ok, I spent 6 hours last night trying to sort this for > Sci-Fi tavor gun

;// Visuals

; GUN HUD (0-colt,1-magnum,2-uzi,3-shotgun,4-rifle,5-rpg,6-grenade,7-bow,8-mace,9-stone,10-sword,11-staff)
statuspanelcode = 100

;// WEAPON Style (1-pistol,2-rocket,3-shotgun,4-uzi,5-assault)
weapontype = 5

for some reason if you set statuspanelcode to: = statuspanelcode 100 and add (ICON's (Ammo & ICON .png) they do not
show up in GG. so I tried setting different statuspanelcodes -

0 Shows Up As (Pistol)
1 Shows Up As (Magnum)
2 Shows Up As (Uzi)
3 Shows Up As (Shotgun)
4 Shows Up As (Sniper Rifle)
5 Shows Up As (RPG)
6 Shows Up As (Grenade)
7 Shows Up As (Bow)
8 Shows Up As (Mace)
9 Shows Up As (some weird swiggle line) I assume this is a stone in mid air
10 Shows Up As (Sword)
11 Shows Up As (Staff)

12 to 16 Shows Up As (Blank) No Icons weapon or Ammo Show up at all.

17 Shows Up As (Single Shell) Icon, No weapon Icon Show up at all.
18 Shows Up As (Single Shell) Icon, No weapon Icon Show up at all.
19 Shows Up As (Single Shell) Icon, No weapon Icon Show up at all.
20 Shows Up As (Single Shell) Icon, weapon Icon Show up as (Heart Rate Life)
21 Shows Up As (Single Shell) Icon, weapon Icon Show up as (Heart)
22 Shows Up As (Single RPG Shell) Icon, No Icons weapon Show up at all.
23 Shows Up As (Grenades) Icon, No Icons weapon Show up at all.
24 Shows Up As (Arrow) Icon, No Icons weapon Show up at all.

25 Shows Up As (Blank) No Icons weapon or Ammo Show up at all.
26 Shows Up As (Blank) No Icons weapon or Ammo Show up at all.

got fed up by now so, is there an issue in the code of gunspec.txt when it recodes weapon to GG?
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2016 16:58 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2016 17:01
Just a quick post before going out for B'day. I know had same problem- but I added the weapon in as pickups e.g. wwp2/bar, added statuspanelcode =100, made sure ammo.png and icon.png were present where gunspec.txt is and seems to work as I kept getting either a thin line or the colt45.
for this test example I juts copied over the assault related .png files from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Game Guru\Files\languagebank\neutral\gamecore\huds\ammohealth over to the gunspec area. Weapontype is apparently how the NPC's will hold the weapon. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Attachments

Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2016 17:12
Hi mate, yes sorry I meant to say its just this tavor i have the issue with..... so far other weapon icon & ammo work fine

just can not get the tavor to work with ICON.png or AMMO.png or hud_icon.dds, hud_ammo.dds

statuspanelcode = 100

weapontype = 5
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2016 18:20 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2016 18:21
ok going out delayed, wife a bit tired bless her

got fantasy/knife to come out although looks a bit offset. I made sure I copied over the ammo_health.....png and icon....png (related to the default GG knife from \languagebank\neutral\gamecore\huds\ammohealth folder. renamed them to ammo.png, icon.png, then updated some settings in gunspec.txt as follows.... (added zoommode-not sure why but did anyway).
I'll have a quick look at the scifi/tavor....this is not as easy as I thought

;KNIFE

;GUN Model File Requirements

;GUN Settings
muzzleflash = 1
muzzlesize = 1
brass = 1
smoke = 1
second = 0
damage = 25
damagetype = 1
scorchtype = 3
reloadqty = 1
iterate = 0
accuracy = 1
range = 100
zoommode = 0

; GUN HUD (0-colt,1-magnum,2-uzi,3-shotgun,4-rifle,5-rpg,6-grenade,7-bow,8

-mace,9-stone,10-sword)
;GUN Visuals
textured =
effect =
transparency = 1
weapontype = 1
statuspanelcode = 100
vweaptex = combatknife

Attachments

Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2016 19:38
nope no joy
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2016 11:30 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2016 11:53
got a HUD to display for Tavor-ok it's a knife but works and image could be modified to represent the tavor. I copied the .png files I had in the fantasy\knife. A bit baffled, will keep testing and trying to figure out what affects what

[update-so found out it's the zoomscope = scope2.dds line that was preventing the HUD from displaying-commenting out allows the HUD to show-now changed HUD to assault rifle so I guess next step is to modify it to Tavor look]

muzzleflash = 1
muzzlesize = 200
brass = 2
smoke = 1
second = 1
damage = 10
damagetype = 1
scorchtype = 1
reloadqty = 24
iterate = 0
accuracy = 0
zoommode = 1
range = 5000
textured =
effect = effectbank\phong_bump_specular\phong_bump_specular.fx
transparency = 2
;zoomscope = scope2.dds
weapontype = 1
statuspanelcode = 100
sound1 = fire.wav
sound2 = reload.wav
sound3 = dryfire.wav
sound4 = cock.wav
sound5 = reload_separate.wav
fireloop = 5000
horiz = 0
vert = 4
forward = -8
alignx = 31
aligny = -12
alignz = 140
keyframe ratio = 1
select = 8,17
Idle = 18,49
Move = 54,70
start fire = 72,75
automatic fire = 76,82
end fire = 83,86
reload = 88,137
useempty = 1
empty reload = 139,198
putaway = 1026,1033
run = 586,604
soundframes = 4
sframe0 = 76,1
sframe1 = 145,2
sframe2 = 95,5
firerate = 6
melee start = 714,719
melee end = 720,733
nofullreload = 1
chamberedround = 1
runy = -7
runaccuracy = 60
recoily = 50
recoilyreturn = 85
recoilx = 3
recoilxreturn = 80
gunlagspeed = 9
gunlagxmax = 3
gunlagymax = 3
zoomgunlagspeed = 6
zoomgunlagxmax = 4
zoomgunlagymax = 6
alternateisray = 1
alt reloadqty = 20
altiterate = 1
alt range = 3000
alt damage = 7
alt accuracy = 6
alt recoily = 120
alt recoilx = 30
alt recoilyreturn = 70
alt recoilxreturn = 80
altto = 376,420
altfrom = 421,470
alt start fire = 72,75
alt automatic fire = 76,82
alt end fire = 83,86
alt idle = 18,51
alt move = 54,70
alt reload = 139,198
alt putaway = 1026,1040
alt select = 0,17
altfireloop = 11000
alt muzzleflash = 4
altsound1 = fire.wav

Attachments

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2016 12:08 Edited at: 4th Apr 2016 15:07
apart from being too large, got the original FPSC HUD to work in GameGuru. hint: hud_icon.dds

Attachments

Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2016 15:20
Finally got it sorted, attached files for anyone that wants the easy fix. Note I have used Full Colour .png files if you want
white images in the hud, simply open in a photo image software, paint white save as .png again & replace my set.

Attachments

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2016 15:25
fantastic, glad it works ....
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2016 07:39
I will be releasing version 1.3 this morning which sees some fixes including the recent issue with zoomscope parameter and hopefully correct 1 users issue. Wanted to get more added, but that will have to wait till next version. So you can use your own custom weapon HUDS and/or bring in the original FPSC hud_icon.dds and modify. As mentioned in previous threads, you need to set statuspanelcode = 100 and have ammo.png and icon.png. icon.png is the HUD. This will tell the engine to look for these HUDS in the same folder as gunspec.txt.

Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2016 08:12 Edited at: 5th Apr 2016 08:14
v1.3 now released and emails sent to welder purchasers.
Really want to see 1.4 with new additional features. watch this space.

Video will be added here shortly, just converting it.
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2016 09:25
here is the video link to help get you started and how to use.

JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks mike.. but which are the differencies since i cant see any from prevoius version...
PC Specs:

PM
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2016 09:51 Edited at: 5th Apr 2016 09:51
You always have to delete the .dbo file that is created before the new textures will show up, every time. Trust me I know lol
PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2016 09:59
@Super Clark-ah that's it-totally forgot ha

Changes from previous version are internal code mainly so you won't see them, but I had also commented out the zoomscope parameter and copied over effects folder/files....see above thread
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/215094?page=1#msg2545989

Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2016 10:10 Edited at: 5th Apr 2016 10:18
New Issue for u... mass36 right click mouse shows texture template instead of scope.

;zoomscope = scope1.tga

remove-> ; and scope shows up.

PM
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2016 10:13
just literally noticed, very odd, fix time during lunch I think....
Bored of the Rings
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2016 10:21 Edited at: 5th Apr 2016 10:21
just had a look quickly, seems zoomscope parameter (not commented out) removes the custom HUD but the scope appears correctly. Commenting out the zoomscope parameter affects the zoomscope when pressing right mouse button but the HUD is ok. Don't really know what can be done about that. Texture conflict issue?

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 10:49:19
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 10:49:19